• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Enigmatic Essence

Enigmatic Essence

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:17 PM

I've recently been looking into Haunted places and things for something to do on Halloween and I came across Devil's Turnaround Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia.

Large objects will be thrown if set on ground, orbs, lightning, mist, very cold winds, shrieking, kids laughing, chanting, yelling, screaming all around a bad place to go. People have come back and had large bruises and fang marks on legs, upper arms, wrists and necks. Crucifixes, prayer, holy water only make whatever is there mad. If you go, wear no crosses or anything Christian like. Weekends are the worst time.

Apparently it's been vandalized many times and has been closed down to the public but you can get special permission to visit the site but it's pretty strict.

Has anyone heard of it or even been there?

Edited by Enigmatic Essence, 27 October 2007 - 05:18 PM.

B E L I E V E

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

#2 Electra Rain

Electra Rain

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer of the Horror, Goth, Dark Fantasy genre.<br />You can check out my poetry at:<br /><br />http://www.editred.com/electra73<br /><br />or visit my Writer's Portfolio (My Webpage)

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

I've never heard tell of this place, but it lives up to its name...LOL

'Creative Dreaming'Author: Electra Rainhttp://www.helium.co...t-motion-follow

#3 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

I had never heard of it but I googled and found quite a bit. Most said it was mostly urban legend

Edited by Amylew, 30 October 2007 - 08:47 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#4 mike**d

mike**d

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

I had never heard of it but I googled and found quite a bit. Most said it was mostly urban legend

i have been here and is the most active place i have ever seen. i have pictures of faces and gleams of light....

#5 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

i have been here and is the most active place i have ever seen. i have pictures of faces and gleams of light....

DO SHARE!
There is nothing left to say.Me

#6 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

sounds interesting! I have to read up on this place. I wonder if there are others who have been to this place and can post the pics they took?

#7 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

Devil's Turnaround is a privately owned old cemetery which is off limits to the general public.... that is..... No Trespassing...... the place has been virtually ransacked by "ghost hunting thrill seekers".....trespassors will be arrested.... and the grounds are routinely patrolled by law enforcement......

Paranormal activity has been documented by legitimate paranormal investigators and there has been a notable account of anomolous incidents recorded......... Said groups who've legitimately ran investigations there have obtained permission from the owner...... those who have not obtained permission to be on the grounds, here and other such places, are giving the general community (of ghost and paranormal researchers) a bad reputation..... :clap:

peace...
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#8 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:48 AM

I definately agree with that last statement peepers, It's hard enough to be taken seriously by property owners with out all the so called investigaters, making it harder.

#9 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Here is the link I was looking for in regards to this property.....

http://www.geocities...ern_cemeteries/

..... I hope this makes its' intended impact..... :)

peace....

(Thanks ekpi!)
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#10 doom337

doom337

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

I went there with some friends last friday and were stll suffering becuase of what one of our group members did. he was very skeptical about the whole thing and if you know anything about demonolgy or whatever you never provoke a spirit. well, thast what happened and our friend literally clawed a cross off his arm without noticing. we only know he was doing it unitl one of our group memebers started scremaing for him tos top then he fell out of his trance and droped to the ground in pain and was asking us why his arm hurt we shined the light back on it and he began to cry from fear and pain. im never going back there again. there is a serious evil there it followed him home and has been haunting him the last couple days.

believe it or not he's my best friend and never has he done anything like this on purpose. it was honestly terrifying

#11 the-baer

the-baer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

I've recently been looking into Haunted places and things for something to do on Halloween and I came across Devil's Turnaround Cemetery in Marietta, Georgia.

Large objects will be thrown if set on ground, orbs, lightning, mist, very cold winds, shrieking, kids laughing, chanting, yelling, screaming all around a bad place to go. People have come back and had large bruises and fang marks on legs, upper arms, wrists and necks. Crucifixes, prayer, holy water only make whatever is there mad. If you go, wear no crosses or anything Christian like. Weekends are the worst time.

Apparently it's been vandalized many times and has been closed down to the public but you can get special permission to visit the site but it's pretty strict.

Has anyone heard of it or even been there?

Well, I went there recently, with a rosary, on a sunday, full moon, after having prayed on a twelve inch hunting knife. We walked around the whole cemetery, I was taking pictures because we figured I would provoke the most activity. Nothing very interesting happened, but at the very end there was a giant cross made of bamboo stabbed into a pile of wood chips, and also blair witch style runic figures hanging in the trees.

Needless to say, most of the group ran, but a couple more friends and I thought we should investigate further and found that the symbols were set up so that you could only see them as you were leaving the cemetery.

They were made with masking tape, and where rather shoddy so a couple of my friends and I decided to smash them and discourage any cultists who come through there.

What's more is that a couple of the stickmen were just lying on the ground, which implied that whoever put them there had to leave in a hurry and were probably watching us the whole time.

Also, half of the group had been there the night before, and none of that stuff was there.

SO if you ever decide to adventure there, be wary of the high activity of crazy people as well as demons. Just saying.

#12 mfoste34

mfoste34

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hello all. Here is my first post.

Me and my friends took a trip out to Devil's Turnaround a few times in the past few weeks. A couple of my friends went out one night to Noonday Baptist's parking lot. We didn't know the graveyard's location, so we spent most of the time in the woods around the church. The road right there is pretty frightening in itself, and we took a walk on a short path that lead us to some charred items...

My friends said they saw two men on the road when they went at first...the men stared into their cars and then walked away unphased by their visit, as it seemed. This creeped them out. The men could have been hobos or some voodoo goons, who knows! Anyway, we couldnt find the graveyard.

Turns out it's right off White Circle...the main road...a few football fields from the church. You can literally see the graveyard from the road. We got there to check things out a few days ago.

We too saw the pile of wood chips with the bamboo cross...pretty weird. The graves over there are really makeshift. The yard isnt kept up at all...tons of knee high growth. A lot of the ground is hollowed out. My friend stepped in a small hole. We stood around for a few mins...just looking for things.

One thing which is always present is the flickering of fire flies. I looked into the back-right of the graveyard and saw a set of yellow lights...but disregarded it. the lights didnt flicker...i stared a few seconds to see if they would...then kind of ignored it.

but then my friend shined the flashlight in that corner and was startled by the same lights. we shined the light at them and there didnt appear to be an animal...the lights backed up...moved up...moved down...and did not flicker off like fireflies.

No idea what we saw. the lights were yellow. animal eyes glare red? anyways...we took off as fast as we could!

in our three trips there was no cop action. plus, the graveyard is so close to the road its easy access...and honestly good for first time ghost seekers bc if you get spooked you can just jet to the car!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users