meaning of a dream

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jomarie

jomarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I love so many things, Life, birthdays, Christmas, Reading, holistic medicines and healing, respectful people, Egyptian pyramids, cold rainy days that you can only snuggle and read, dreaming of travelling when my kids grow up and i get my life back lol.

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hi there I don't usually let a dream bother me as I have vivid dreams all the time, but this one did get to me tonight so badly I cant get back to sleep, it has made me feel physically ill, so any feed back would really be appreciated.
OK The Dream is all over the place so bare with me I am sorry if it makes no sense(it doesnt to me).
I start out at a hospital at the end of a bed of an unknown man I think I am a nurse or some kind of medical person the man is hooked up to heart monitors and basically there is nothing to help him. He is in the hospital the blanket on him is grey the walls grey to a dr is sitting beside him writing notes quietly. Then a new machine is bought in and his one picks up some strange reading in his heart. it is very faint. I dont know what it is. but the dr is excited but the man is now very close to death.
All Of a sudden the man turrns into my oldest son( who has a lot of medical issues and is quite sick again at the moment) His bed is still grey but his head is up against a large old wooden framed window. finally the machine says he is dead, but he is still breathing, almost hyperventilating. I sit beside him still totally calm and tell him not to be afraid he just looks at me and says he's not afraid and then there is nothing.
Then I am walking out of the hospital I am not really me and the man that is my husband looks totally different as we walk out the are news crews and I get really angry with them. then I notice a shopwindow that has a massive old fashioned clock on the outside A lady sets it for the time I usually wake up and i get a fleeting voice in my head I am happy to be free of the pain ( it is my sons voice).
Thats when I woke up feeling so sick in the stomache, I have been in to check my son but I still cant rest easy. The other thing I can remember is the sounds of birds now and then.
So If anyone can help out with any meaings there. I know that death doesnt always mean death and the fact that it is my son doesnt always mean something is going to happen to him, and to tell the truth I am not sure it was even me during this moments I felt most of the time that I was in some one elses body 2 peoples at least but there were moments I was every person in the dream if that makes any sense at all. could that be part of the dreams meaning in itself?

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:48 AM

Moving this to the General Board, where most dream interpretations belong.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Jomarie,

Anxiety about the whole situation with your son and all the stress you're going through can be played out through your dream "outlet" for that anxiety. I wouldn't attribute too much it or try to overanalyze it and make yourself more anxious about a dream when your anxiety level is already high in real life. It doesn't mean your dream is precognitive necessarily. Dreams are mostly symbolic, and death usually is symbolic for changing of that which died, a new phase, letting go of something, etc...

I don't know your dreaming background but judging by what you said, that you have vivid dreams a lot, it seems to fall into that category. The details of changing people and other things you mentioned most likely point to stress realeasing dreams.

Practice some breathing, relaxing and listening to calming tunes. Chamomile tea works well for family stress! I wish you the best and your son, get well soon.
SpiritDoc

#4 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hi Jomarie,

Well, Iím not very good at trying to interpret dreams - so, Iíll leave that to those more knowledgeable. What Spiritdoc has mentioned makes sense to me, though.

I did just want to say that Iím very sorry to hear about the health issues your son is having. I know how it is having a family member who is often very ill and my heart goes out to you all. All I can say is that I know that the fears I have had for my loved onesí health have, at times, seemed to cause some frightening and/or confusing dreams, as well. Like Spiritdoc mentioned, stress can do this - also, if you are not getting enough sleep due to the health issues or just from general life-stress, that may also cause dreams like this. That is just from my experience, though.

You all will be in my prayers, my dear.

Lots of light and love,
Amanda

#5 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hello, Jo:

I looked up your dream in a dream dictionary. Perhaps this will help you.

HOSPITAL: "if you dreamed that you were taken to a hospital or were a patient in one, the dream
is telling you that you are being overwhelmed by some load you are trying to carry alone; don't be proud; ask for help. A dream of visiting a hospital or helping in one predicts surprising news."

NURSE: "A dream feauring a professional nurse signifies marriage for the single and family unity for the married, unless you are a trained nurse or in daily contact with them, in which case the dream has no prophetic significance."

GRAY COLOR: Gray indicates a period of marking time.

I send healing thoughts and prayers to your son and your family.

Angelicus

#6 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

jomarie,

The dream state is often judged by metaphorical content that can relate to real life issues that have abstract meanings. However, what needs to be distinguished is "how" you had that dream. And one person can have all kinds of dreams in many different ways, but here are a few of the more defined dreaming states.

Dreaming in Color, Highest Detail, Sounds, Smell, Touch and the ability to read in the dream: This type of dreaming has been known to be a state of prophecy. Sometimes you don't realize your dreaming as it happens due to the high detail, but more often than not, you can notice you're dreaming. More often than not, these can be literal things that will happen as you see it exactly, but there is no time frame. Some of these dreams can happen hours after waking, to years in advance.

To Note, this dreaming state of distant places have been known to be places where the dreamer has been seen as a spirit or ghost. So Astral travel has been linked to this, even through different times. Example: Dreaming of a farm, finding it in real life later on and local people recognize you, though they can't say where from.

Dreaming in Color, High Detail but no Touch or Smell, just sounds and the words/numbers are gibberish: Again, you may or may not notice you're dreaming. Either way, these aren't prophetic based dreams and can actually have many different meanings. There are many books out there on dream analysis that spends much time on this, but usually leads to confusion as the imagery is only specific to your views and understanding. Another may feel differently about a yellow rose and represents sadness to them, where you think they're simply beautiful. The same dream can scare them, but give you relief, as an example, and is very hard to split between individuals.

This state has also been known to be where dead relatives have visited while dreaming to give comfort, warning or simply talk than most of the other states.

Dreaming in Black and White with Highest Detail with all sounds, touch, smell and can read words: Almost like the color version, the main difference is influence. When these semi-prophetic black and white versions happen, it's more common to have them while there is an influencing entity or spirit that is directing your dreams. While it's not always the case, of course, a lot of people who I've spoken too have commented on dreaming in this state while they are being haunted.

Dreaming in Black and White, Very Low Detail with little to no sounds: This is one of the more common dream states that is tied to being a restorative and restful sleep with little to no meaning. Details are usually murky, some feelings may carry over to the moment of being awake, like if you were holding a cup in the dream, you wake still feeling it in your hand.

Can you recall if your dream was anything like these?

My best advice: Get a notebook and pen and put it by the bed. Not so much to record the dream, but to record how you feel upon waking up. Do this for a month, daily. Dream state content that is important to you is mostly lost through out the waking hours, and what may look like gibberish to you now may come together in a larger picture. Also state in the record if they were color high detail, black and white low detail, etc.

The fact that your point of view jumped around says there is a high chance of being guided on that dream. The key is to find out if you were guiding yourself, or were you being influenced by something else.

And above all, be wary about applying other's definitions to the images in your dreams. An object, a song, even a color may have a significant meaning to "you" that won't carry over to anybody else.

This dream made you physically sick, so yes, it's not wrong to take it as a warning. Ask your family members, even your son, how they feel about birds, or better, is there a significant family member, living or not, who loves birds. Or a friend of the family, somebody who would be in a relationship circle with you or your son. If you cannot find a link, then keep your eyes and ears open. If you follow my advice and record your other dreams as you wake and remember them (not all can be recalled, sometimes, upon waking up, just write the ones down you do) you may get a better idea of what the message is all about. Also, I recommend getting a checkup from your Doctor, if you can manage it. The dream may not be about you protecting your son, but maybe a message about you, so you can be there for your son in the future as he grows up.

Keep me updated please, even if anything I wrote didn't help you.

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:19 AM

I'll give this a try, as I've had some good luck with interpretations of dreams.

Hospitals in dreams are usually warnings to the dreamer to not overdo things. To dream of a bed not your own tells of an upturn in finances or in business. Blankets also refer to financial matters, and the fact that it was grey in color does mean you should 'mark your time' or wait and see as it were. Doctors are favorable omens in dreams as they point to one overcoming difficulties. The man in the bed actually is a favorable omen as well, with regards to family matters. Your son is actually a good sign as well, and the illness in the dream - in this case specifically watching someone die - is an omen of good news that will surprise you. To dream of death is a contrary dream - dream of death and you'll hear of a birth, and vice-versa. Windows in dreams usually mean an improvement in your conditon, and the fact that your son was leaning against the glass points to his condition getting better and his looking for independence. Walking down the hallway tells of a period of worry or frustration.

In looking at all these together, I would say that you have more worries on your mind than you think. You are probably doing too much right now, especially with your son's health issues. Money is a concern, but the signs all point to your financial situation improving in some way. You will overcome these difficulties with the support of those you love - your husband walking you down that hallway points to that clearly. One of the thinges you may not realize you are worrying/fretting over is your son growing up and not needing you. This is shown with him leaning his head on the wi ndow glass - an old sign of seeking or looking for independence. All mothers fret about their chicks leaving the nest, this is natural. Try finding ways to relax and take care of yourself so that you can continue to care for your son and family. All signs here do point to a time of difficulty, but then point to sucess after this time is over.

I hope this helps you somewhat, Jomarie. If you wish, pm me with any other details you remember.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 Electra Rain

Electra Rain

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer of the Horror, Goth, Dark Fantasy genre.<br />You can check out my poetry at:<br /><br />http://www.editred.com/electra73<br /><br />or visit my Writer's Portfolio (My Webpage)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:04 PM

I had the strangest dream, and was hoping that someone could do an Interpretation, so I can match it to what I have come up with. Here is the list of symbols:

Dogs
Daytime
Outdoors
Wolf
Black
Red (eyes)
Chase
Escape
Trapped
Door (Closed - wouldn't open)
Bite
Door (open)

'Creative Dreaming'Author: Electra Rainhttp://www.helium.co...t-motion-follow

#9 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

Electra Rain, it is very difficult to interpret a dream based only on a list of symbols. It's true that various items are symbols in a dream, but they can also be omens or portents of things to come. Emotions of the dreamer whilst in the dream are important, as well as what is going on - not just that you dreamt of a dog, but what color was the dog, was it large or small, what was its demeanor, etc. All components should be brought together before an overall interpretation can be made. If you are more comfortable with this, send me a pm with the details of your dream and I'll try to help you out.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#10 jomarie

jomarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I love so many things, Life, birthdays, Christmas, Reading, holistic medicines and healing, respectful people, Egyptian pyramids, cold rainy days that you can only snuggle and read, dreaming of travelling when my kids grow up and i get my life back lol.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

first of all I want to apologise for not answering this sooner, My son has been in hospital again(lucky us)
But thankyou everone for your responses. I have gained alot from every one, plus with hindsight helping out over the last week or so Things are making a lot more sense.
For starters The dr's are now realizing that what they thought was the diagnosis may in fact just be an incidental finding and are now opening up to the possibillity that there is something else wrong with him and doing much more research.
I have in fact had several new developments happen over the past 2 weeks one being we are finally getting a health card for our son and that will help out imensley with his medication bills so you were right about finances looking up, same thing with the independance thing. He now has been going up to the teenage ward, where as parents of long term illness patients we are encouraged to let our children deal with as many issues as possible on their own to teach them how to deal on their own with their illness.
The only thing i havent been able to figure out is the old fashioned clock in the window of the shop. I felt it had some sort of significance and the fact that is was gold or brass i couldnt work out which it was it had the roman numbers. the birds chirping come back to me from time to time as well.
And once again thanks alot for all the comments I have such vivid dreams so much they have just become part of my life and most of the time i just sit back and wait for the meaning to come clear o me, but this time it just was a bit scary

#11 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:49 PM

I guess I missed the part about the clock, lol. Usually clocks are warnings in dreams - don't waste time on something, etc. Seeing one in a window could be interpreted as a warning that you are wasting time on someone in a social setting. Is there a person you think of as a friend who may be actually more of a hinderance than a true friend?

Good luck with your son, and I'm sure everything will continue to look up for you all.

#12 jomarie

jomarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

thankyou.

#13 Electra Rain

Electra Rain

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer of the Horror, Goth, Dark Fantasy genre.<br />You can check out my poetry at:<br /><br />http://www.editred.com/electra73<br /><br />or visit my Writer's Portfolio (My Webpage)

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Electra Rain, it is very difficult to interpret a dream based only on a list of symbols. It's true that various items are symbols in a dream, but they can also be omens or portents of things to come. Emotions of the dreamer whilst in the dream are important, as well as what is going on - not just that you dreamt of a dog, but what color was the dog, was it large or small, what was its demeanor, etc. All components should be brought together before an overall interpretation can be made. If you are more comfortable with this, send me a pm with the details of your dream and I'll try to help you out.

Thank's Redhead,

I just sent the entire dream to you.

'Creative Dreaming'Author: Electra Rainhttp://www.helium.co...t-motion-follow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users