Photo

Shadowy figure

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 larae

larae

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, personal growth, books, movies, people, many more.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

This is a long one. Hope you don't mind.
When I was a teenager I had a best friend that I was always with. I befriended another girl and we became instantly close. This upset my best friend. She was going through some very dark times and I swear her eyes had changed from blue to green for an entire year. Whenever my best friend would get near my new friend, the new friend would get very uncomfortable. She would shake uncontrollably and have to leave. My best friend would sort of laugh about it. I was actually getting scared of her myself. She seemed different. Anyhow, my new friend and I were sitting in her basement listening to the radio. All of a sudden the radio started changing channels and finally stopped on a song by Pink Floyd, don't remember which one. As this happened I saw this shadowy figure in the next room. I thought I was imagining things. My new friend started shaking and looking sort of blank at the same time. Sort of like she wasn't "there" with me. At this time I again saw the shadowy figure right behind her. I can only describe it as sort of Abe Lincoln shaped. It was transparent, though. (give me a break, it was a long time ago, lol.) As I was freaking out about this, I was also trying to bring her "back to reality". When she finally started reacting to me, we both got up and ran upstairs. I have to mention this, I should have at the beginning. My new friend had this thing where she would answer me before I would ask a question. It was freaky, but cool.
Ok, back to story. Well, we were both freaked out by this event and I happened to mention it to my best friend. She told me that this figure was a spirit that had done something wrong and it was hiding from a much stronger spirit. She said she knew what I could do to get rid of it. She said she had found a dead animal in her back yard and she kept the skull. She said she cleaned and bleached it. She then told me I needed to swollow one of it's teeth. Ok, I was a freshmen in high school and that still felt very very wrong. My new friend and I ended up going to see one of our teachers that we trusted. We told her what had transpired and she said she could help. She just so happened to know a guy that used to be involved with a Satanic church but now preached against it. (I'm not trying to offend anyone, this is just what happened) He wrote down a page full of stuff that we needed to get my best friend to recite out loud. At this point she was talking about sitting around a candle with a black hooded robe on and talking to people that no one else could see. We went to her house one night and asked her to do this. She did, but she had the strangest smile on her face the entire time. Sort of mocking us. After that, the friendship with the new friend started tapering off. I could tell something was going on with her and the teacher, but they wouldn't "let me in" on whatever it was. I think because I was still friends with my best friend.
Well, that's it. End of story. I've only told it a few times to people I was really close to for obvious reasons. I still don't understand what happened. I was young at the time and it all seemed like sort of an adventure in a way. It was scary, though.
If anyone has had an experience similar to mine, I would love to talk about it.

LaRae

#2 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:37 AM

10 or so years ago, when I was about 12, I was laying in bed about to go to sleep. My family was barely making enough at the time so we lived in a 1 bedroom duplex..

I slept on a bunkbed in the living room. As my father turned the lights off, I saw a shawdowy figure, walked from the kitchen, across me then to the front door. He was about 5'9" or so and acted a little panicky... He basicly was waking really fast from the kitchen to the front door. As he reached the front door, it looked like he was struggling trying to get out. He then turned around, walked a step or to, then he ducked down near the heater and covered his head.. That when he dissappeared.

This was just one of the many strange events at the house...

Edited by biada, 14 November 2007 - 01:37 AM.

#3 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

larae,

Your best friend was possessed. It's a dang good thing you felt the wrongness about swallowing that animal tooth. If you had, you would have opened yourself up to the same influences that possessed your best friend.

Teenage girls and boys are big time targets for non-human spirits, because these spirits have never been alive, they want to feel the overly powerful sensations the teens do, and the only way to do that is to enter the body and take as much control as they can. They never tasted food, got to breath air through lungs, and all of those adrenaline based hormones that rush around while maturing, so they crave those sensations. They are also very jealous that you get to feel the best of it all and they never will. Hence the usual torment that goes with it.

Once that door is open, it's very hard to close. Some teenage girls are possessed and labeled as rebels or trouble makers or outcasts, and as they mature, the door remains open. What usually happens is that later in life, a more dangerous, hateful entity will go right on in and manipulate the woman into doing things she would never have done normally. In fact, they're so practiced at manipulating feelings, they do a very good job into making a person believe it was their own idea, most of the time.

I'm commenting from experience. In my early youth, I had gone through more than most people do in a lifetime just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is a book in itself. I had a showdown with a spirit at the age of 16, and I didn't win it and close the door finally and for good until I was 18. Even so, there is residual energy where the battles took place and sometimes you can hear the faint screams of my friends when they ran.

It also cost me a relationship, a woman who had said yes to getting married and I didn't find another good woman until I was 20. I've been entity free now for 19 years and I love it, but details... if you want those, I'll share only upon request. Now I take time to help others, only this time, it doesn't take two years to bring a haunted person peace. I know now what is needed to prepare and arm myself, but I could have done without the whole mess and lived as a skeptic happily, if you know what I mean.

#4 larae

larae

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

First and foremost, thanks Gherick, for replying to my post. I felt a little strange telling the story to people I've never met. I was hoping someone here could shed some light on the experience for me. That, you definitely did. I always thought that she was somehow possessed, I just don't think I've ever said it out loud. She would lay her head against the ground and swear she heard voices speaking to her. I think I passed that off as an overactive imagination. Since that time I have been told that she had placed a curse on me. That really freaked me out. The person who told me was from my church and considered himself to be gifted in spiritual warfare. I have so much going on in my head right now about religion and God. I have always believed in Jesus and the bible until lately. I still believe most of what I've learned. I just have questions about the bible and it's validity. I've been looking into what other people believe and researching the subject, but just end up more confused. I sort of feel like by my questioning what I've learned, I'm leaving myself open. I feel sort of unprotected. I know that's just a feeling, but it's hard to shake. Anyhow, thanks again for your reply. I would really like to hear what you experienced. I don't know much about getting around in here yet, but I'm sure there's a way for personal messages to be sent. If you would rather tell me in that way. I have many questions also that maybe you could shed some light on for me.
Thanks again,
LaRae

#5 larae

larae

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:27 AM

That was a freaky story Biada!!! It sounds as if this form was scared. I really felt saddened while reading it. It reminded me of my cats in the sense that when someone new comes in the house, they try really hard to scatter and hide. When they can't find a place to go, they just sort of crouch in the nearest corner. Anyhow, that's what I felt while reading your experience. Thanks for the comment!
LaRae

#6 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

LaRae,

You're so very welcome. I had a feeling there was more to your post than what you wrote, and it's why I opened up to you as well. There's a lot of places to get so many different types of help, but our type of difficulties are highly abandoned by most of the world. We have almost 7 Billion living souls on this planet, yet I can count the organizations, groups and individuals who actively seek to help people with these problems on my fingers and toes.

And I'm finding on this board that I may get to take off my shoes before I'm done counting, they are a great bunch here. :ghost:

The trouble with keeping faith is highly understood. Many people in places both high and low out there push their own views of the Bible, religion in general, preach what "they" believe and understand, yet fail terribly at doing the one thing people like ourselves need... and that's to be given the means and ways needed to arm and protect ourselves, and more importantly, those close to us.

Ask me anything you want here in this thread, and I'll give you the best possible answer, and trust me, if I don't know, I'll say so. I don't fear ignorance, but I am mortified with misdirection, and I don't subscribe to it.

I'll send you a PM, those I don't mind either. Here in the thread or privately, it's all good with me. My main concern is for you, however, as you sound just like I did at one point in my life. And nobody showed me the way, I had to find it for myself. You may have to do the same thing, but lets see if I can kick some of the stumbling blocks out of the pathway for you first.

^_^

In the upper right hand corner under the blue bar where it says Help, you'll see something that says 1 New Messages. Click that like a link. If it's not there yet, I am still writing it. :ghost:

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:55 AM

Hi Larae, and welcome to Ghostvillage.

What an amazing and scary ordeal you experienced! Are you still friends with the girl who you described as your best friend? It sounds at least at that time she was a very disturbed young woman. Do you think she was into (I'm not sure if these are the right terms) black magic or voodoo? You mentioned that she was going through a very difficult time back then. I'm also interested to know what happened after she did the chanting with the candle and the black hood? Did you have any more experiences after that?

I agree with what Gherick posted about negative energies/entities being attracted to teenagers, especially teenaged girls who are going through tough times. I've never experienced demons, but my younger brother was plagued by a poltergeist for several years as a young boy until he moved in with my dad around the age 10 or 11. My daughter has also experienced several negative energies around her, but nothing that ever turned her into a "scary" person. She was afraid of whatever bothered her, but it/they never succeeded in changing her personality.

I would also like to respond to what your wrote quoted below:

"I have so much going on in my head right now about religion and God. I have always believed in Jesus and the bible until lately. I still believe most of what I've learned. I just have questions about the bible and it's validity. I've been looking into what other people believe and researching the subject, but just end up more confused. I sort of feel like by my questioning what I've learned, I'm leaving myself open. I feel sort of unprotected. I know that's just a feeling, but it's hard to shake."

I am not Christian, Catholic, Protestant, etc, but consider myself very spiritual and have a strong belief in a power greater than myself. Some call it God, others Jesus, Higher Power, and so on regarding Western Religions. Most people go through periods of time during which they question their faith, it's normal and nothing to be afraid of. You are protected. Having questions about the Bible and its validity is a good thing in my opinion. Many people read it literally, while others view it as history or even a great story. No one can tell you what you should do, or how to practice your faith. My belief is that it is inside of you. The Bible as we know it today is not complete. Many many books have been left out, thereby leaving it with many holes and many points of view that we will never get to see. For example, the Gospel or Mary Magdeline was taken out in one of the rewritings and never put back into the King James version. Furthermore, and I think this was mentioned by Gherick in another thread, much of the original writings have been changed or lost altogether in translation, making it even more confusing. Your faith is a personal journey that you will have to discover on your own. I know many people who have left their Churches, only to find another that felt more "right" to them. If you still want to practice, try going to other churches and see what they have to offer and hopefully you'll find the right fit for you. For me just knowing that there is a power greater than myself is enough.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 larae

larae

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

Hi Kira,
Thanks for the suggestions. As for your questions about my friend, no I don't have contact with her. She told me once when she was sitting in the circle with her "friends" (robe, candle) her boyfriend called her. He asked what she was doing and she said she was talking to her friends. He asked who was over and she said you can't see them. He said something about her being nuts and they ended their conversation. She then proceeded to put some sort of a curse or something of the sort on him. He didn't show up for school that next day. He had a fever of 104 degrees. It scared her, yet I think it also gave her a feeling of power. After a few years of being out of high school we got together and talked. I asked her about that time in her life and she said she couldn't remember anything from that particular year. She had kept a journal at that time and it confused her as she read it. I found that hard to believe, though. She did ask me to tell her as much as I could. She seemed genuinely confused. As far as after that meeting, I didn't see her much. I invited her to my wedding and she came. All she could say was "This place is scary" about the church I was going to. It was called Christian Fellowship. She looked pretty freaked out and left as soon as the ceremony was finished. I wondered at that time if it was her soul that was uncomfortable.
As far as my spiritual journey...Well, that's pretty confusing at this point. I've always been taught one thing and one way to Heaven, through Christ. I'm questioning that right now, which doesn't sit well with me. I actually experience anxiety when I try to look into other beliefs. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. I feel as though I'm doing something wrong. I think because when I start delving in, I can understand what other people are saying. I've never criticized others for what they believe, so I have been able to keep an open mind. I can't imagine how my God would leave other countries in the dark, and the only means for them to hear about Christ is the wonderful people from the churches that consider themselves missionaries. I think He's bigger than that.
I hope I'm not offending anyone, I know this post has turned into somewhat of a religious topic. I'm new so let me know if I'm overstepping any boundaries. Maybe this part should be in a different forum. I do have so many questions about religion and spirituality, but my reason for coming here is my infatuation with finding and communicating with the dead. I want to get to know other people with the same intrigue but new ideas. Or even the same ideas that I have.
Thanks again for replying. I hope you don't mind i added you as a friend. :)
LaRae

#9 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

LaRae,

I don't think anyone is offended. :)

Your friend was still possessed, but not by the same entity. When people mature past their teens and the high end emotional development, they are discarded, but can be re-inhabited by other entities that have a different method of operation.

These non human spirits will not feel threatened by Buddhists, Maoists, or pretty much any other religion. I've personally seen where sage was burned, salt was poured around a mobile home and chanting was done to remove an unclean spirit, and after a little wind blowing, the person who was performing the ritual proclaimed the place "clean". I truly forget which faith she followed, but it wasn't Christian. The family was accosted again the next night.

It took almost a month, but we found a Minister in Dallas who was willing to go to Austin and do a cleansing. He fasted for 3 days and when he started to recite the Lord's Prayer and followed up with Psalm 93, it was chaos. Sounded like somebody was shooting a shotgun off in the room a few times, and I personally wondered why the neighbors didn't call the police with the racket. It took him 2 hours to bless the mobile home, each and every room he visited and prayed over had a violent, very bad reaction. Then he did it again in every room on a second pass, and there was no fight back a second time. Then he went outside and blessed the sun room, and the grounds the mobile was on, and yeah, he did it twice there too. First time there was awful smells, and what sounded like heavy groaning. Second time, it was peaceful and calm. The air actually felt clean. I followed up with the family for 6 months, and they hadn't been bothered again. Personally seeing it is one thing, but usually every story I read or hear about, it's roughly the same. And that is why she felt threatened in that Church. The spirit felt threatened and passed it on to her as if it was her own feelings.

And you don't have to worry about those who died without hearing about Christ nor about those who were deceived with false words and false imagery of who Christ actually was, and hence, not really knowing about Him. They are accounted for and God has excellent plans for them. It's mentioned and written about in 1 Thessalonians at the last half or so of Chapter 4. They will be resurrected and will be with Christ for 1,000 years, when Christ returns to Earth. Not for a second chance, but it will be their first chance to get to know Him. It also supports what's actually going to happen in Revelations too, but that book has been removed by the Catholics from their new bible.

Like Kira has confirmed, a lot of Bibles out there might not have this in it, may have been deleted or re-worded to something else, but it is there in the original King James. ^_^

It's not a sin to research and seek truth. In fact, the more you look and read and discover yourself, the more you'll come to find the peace of mind you need. :hug2:

#10 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

I have my New American Bible right here/ a Catholic bible, and want to mention that the book of Revelation has never been "removed".
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#11 bulabula51

bulabula51

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:12 PM

Makes you wonder how many spirits go in and out of an individual throughout one's lifetime. Growing up being a Hindu, i've heard superstitions from girls having to have their hair tied after 6p, or sprinkling yourself with water before you enter your home after coming home from a cemetary or a funeral, not going to everybody's houses all the time, all because of bad spirits that roam around and want to get inside of you. When I was younger, I rebelled against it, I thought it was stupid, that it was my duty to debunk it, but now that im older, im beginning to think, maybe, I should have tied my hair, and I shouldn't have stayed out at the cemetary so late. I believe, personally, that spirits are everywhere, and they're just waiting to inhabit a body.

Could spirits have an odor? I've had an experience, something very close and personal happened 2 years ago, and it had to do with a bad death, a murderous one. In hindu beliefs, when such things happen, bad spirits roam around the area like vultures to a dead body. So do spirits have an odor?

#12 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

hello bulabula! cute name! welcome to Ghost Village.
I know what you mean about rebelling when you were younger. I did the same thing as a teen-ager. It all seemed so dumb. But when my children came along, I realized that I had to give them the same religious education that I had. So they would know about God etc. No matter what religion we are born into, I'm convinced it has everything we need to grow spiritually. We may leave it for awhile, but then we smarten up!

Speaking of odor....One house we lived in when I was growing up, had creepy sounds and sights. There was a place (6 apartment building) in the hallway, under the stairs, where my sister and I confided to each other that we would hear whispering. Sometimes there was this allful smell. I would walk all around to the back of the house to enter the back door because of it. I heard my Dad one time telling my mother that if she ever smelled sulfur to get out of the house! I didn't know what that meant at the time, but he didn't want to explain it to me as a child. I know he thought it would only scare me. So it seems to me that there are odors connected to .....hauntings?
Growing up we said the prayer to Saint Michael, that askes him to protect us against the devils who roam the world seeking the ruin of souls.
So welcome! and I'm sure you'll find many nice people here. Of all differing opinions.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#13 larae

larae

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hi Guys,
I've also heard about odors with spirits. I've never experienced it though. I remember once when I lived in an apartment I went home and freaked out because up the stairway all you could smell was sulfer. My boyfriend at the time said the guy downstairs must be using some sort of chemical, like Drano. Now that I think about it, though, I did have some strange things happen in that apartment after my mom passed away. This is going to sound wierd but bear with me. I thought my mom was haunting me. Not in a nice "Hello honey, I'm here with you" type of way. It started as soon as I came home from the hospital where she died. Music was playing from the alarm clock radio, that was turned off. It was a Door's song, "The End" or whatever it's called. I had to turn it on and then off to make it stop. I then proceeded to have nightmares every night for quite some time. The dreams were always the same. I was in the apartment when the spirit of my mom came to hurt me in some way. I was so scared that I left. I then saw my boyfriend sitting in front of the tv watching the news from where I stood outside. I could see my mom getting ready to attack him and I was desparate to get his attention so he would leave. Then I would wake up. I couldn't sleep in the bedroom for some reason. I actually pulled the mattress out of there onto the living room floor so I could sleep. I broke the lease soon after so I could move somewhere more peaceful for me. I guess this could have all been about the trauma of losing my mom, I just don't know where the fear came from. My mom and I had a wonderful close relationship. I took care of her during the day while she was ill. The nightmares did stop after leaving that apartment. Whatever that means.

#14 bulabula51

bulabula51

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:50 AM

Yea, Bula bula means "Gob bless you" in fijian. You say it when somebody sneezes, like how we say "bless you" here... to supposedly bless the person for sneezing the demons out of them. At least that's what i've heard. That's pretty cool now that I think about it. Sometimes I say things, like "bless you" and I don't even realize what i'm saying because I'm so used to saying it so much. It's like, why am I blessing you?.. Anywho :headbang: The smell of Sulphur or feces is supposedly a sign that there are demons/bad spirits, and just a bunch of bad joojoo around. We're told to spit at it, and curse at it to make it go away. Show em who's boss, and that there's no pushing you or your family around. Praying is a very good idea, as long as you have a some sort of savior by your side, demons won't dare to mess with you. Or even if you don't believe in a higher being, as long as you believe in yourself to be a good person, you create a strong shield against harm too.

#15 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

BulaBula, you give very wise advice!
I wish more youngsters, and oldsters too, would just know how to take charge of their life. Especially their spiritual life where it counts. Instead of just coming to a message board and expecting that everyone else has the answer to what, in most cases they've brought on themselves.
I can see where you can certainly help a lot here. So hope you'll stay.
Bless you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users