Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Did you ever wonder what happens when you die?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 13 October 2002 - 07:57 AM

I really would like to get some input on this one. If I have forgotten anything please add it for me. Im interested in the answers I'll get from this one ::).
I have my own personal beliefs but am curious as to what you all think?
Religious beliefs vary as do perceptions on death.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#2 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:34 AM

It seems that my beliefs change sometimes, I think they change based on my emotional state depending upon which point I am at in my life, whichever belief at the time seems more comforting to me I tend to lean towards?  I fear death to begin with so in return I would like to think that when we die we are greeted by our past loved ones and friends, BUT, I have been told that "heaven" is supposed to be awesome, nothing but happiness, and I have heard that we would not recall our past lives, thus being if we did recall our past lives heaven couldnt always be a happy place because we would eventually bump into an enemy, lol..... so which brings me to ghosts and spirits, are ghosts and spirits only able to communicate with us and one another now because they are in the spirit world, like all other dead people waiting for the return of Christ. And then when Christ returns the dead shall be called first and so on and then our minds will be erased and we will live happily ever after with everyone and then there would be no ghosts because we would all be angels,lol.... who knows.... but the thought of death just scares the hell out of me, I am not affraid of dying its the thought of being dead, and I dont want my memory erased, I love my kids and family.....why cant we just live as long as noah, and all those other people in the bible, they didnt even have the medical technology then that we have now, go figure?  Sorry Rock, this is a subject that could just keep going and going and going ;D  I really dont know what happens when you die. Hey thats a good EVP question, you should try it :)
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#3 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:02 AM

Well i dont fear death and just say absalutly nothing happans when you diethen it would like we never existed therefore  who cares what happans because you wont know and your family when they die wont know.
On the other hand if there is an after life and based on what i have heard from TV interviews and some books it could be a combination of a few of those and not one inparticular.

but I dont beleive in reincarnation

#4 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 01:05 PM

I believe the spirit leaves the body and is guided by pasted love one to another level of existence where  you wait to be reincarnated.Unless you have done everything right in you last life, you get to move up to a spirit guide to help other with the struggles in their life,but if your spirit gets lost or you just can't let go of your earthly life you become a ghost :o
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#5 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 14 October 2002 - 04:16 AM

I believe that your spirit leaves your body and is drawn upon the heavens.  If you are reluctant to go then you dont quite make it to the heavens and get trapped somewhere in between.   Wether this is due to unfinished business or just a confused state of mind I do not know.  I do however beleive in reincarnation, but havent figured that one out yet.  After all how can we explain dejavue? Like being in a place you have never been to in this life but feeling like we have been there and knowing where everything is, or feeling like you are repeating a certain event and knowing what is coming next.
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#6 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 15 October 2002 - 07:05 AM

Ok here is my take on the whole thing: When you die your spirit definitly leaves your body. The dead body of a human being is like an inanimate object after death. Its simply a shell we all walk around inside of and use until we die. I believe that there are multiple dimensional planes of existance and we only understand one of many of these planes. The one in which we exist is only a step along the way to our final destination. I believe that after we die we exist in some sort of suspended animation until one of several things happen. I personally believe that we are all judged at some point for our life choices and until this day comes we are given the ability to watch over our loved ones and interact with the living but under certain rules. If we break these rules( as spirits) then we go back to being held in suspension once again. Based on my experience there are good and bad spirits just like there are good and bad people in life. Who we are doesn't change when we die , we simply continue to exist in a different realm under a different set of rules. I believe in God personally and also believe that he will return some day to reign the earth. I believe it will be then when all the dead will rise from the grave and stand before him and be judged for their choices but until then they have free will to roam around as long as they dont break the rules of the next realm. The appearance of ghosts and spirits will increase and the living will witness them more and more often.
The book of Revelation is very interesting reading even for non Christians. The Bible for me reads like a history book and is not opinion but proven fact of the history of mankind. The misinterprutation comes from the opinions and translations not the absence of fact. It is one one of the oldest accounts of mankind ever to be found.
An important apendix to all of this is as follows: I believe in every human beings right to choose their own personal belief system . There is no right or wrong in my opinion. No one has ever proven conclusivly the existence or non-existence of any God.
Faith is the foundation of all religions and its all based on your personal experience,faith and hope.
I wish you all well  :)

Rockhauler2k1   ( Ron )
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#7 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 07:38 AM

I believe..
When our physical bodies die our souls are released to a higher plane.Our passed loved ones greet us all and help make our transition easier for us.We will be judge but my who Im not sure..I dont believein the conventional theroy of God.I do believe in a higher being(s) I just dont know what to call them or it.We will all be held accountable for  the good and bad we've all done through out life here on earth.What goes around..comes around!
At some point on this other plane we will be given the choice to reiencarnate or not.Yes I said choice.Some pple dont feel the need to and wont.Wile others if we choose to do so will repeat  some thing over and over from life time to life time til we learn the lesson .This could..patience..forgivness..self worth..its a personal issue.Once we have(over what it usually many many life times ) over came all of lesson and learned all we are menat to then we no longer reincarnate.Our soul lives on  another plane forever.

Rock..I trulywith all my heart belive your last appendix.I couldnt have said it better myself.

When ppl ask me if I believe in God..I dont lie and say yes.I say..not your God.Which to me is honest.I explain that I do belive in higher power but I do not call it God.I believe  everyone has a right to religious freedom and no one should be condememed because of this belief.If it wakes you up in the morning,puts you to sleep at night,helps you to be the best person you can be and is a positive thing in your life..amen!Thats all anyone can  ask for.
~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#8 Aurelia

Aurelia

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a "haunted" place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 15 October 2002 - 10:08 AM

I believe in reincarnation wholeheartedly...too many flashbacks not to...I however also believe that reincarnation is not it..I also believe that we will be judged at some point.  For example..I believe this life to be my last one, and I believe I will either walk the earth and then be judged...or just be judged after I die in this life.  I am unsure on the concept of heaven and hell...I for some reason cannot believe that total serenity exists...and I cannot (or maybe don't want to) believe that total chaos exists...I believe in balance...
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#9 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 12:36 PM

here is an idea for you guys to remedy on (I dont know if it makes much sense or if its any good)
Ok who are we?

Are we the body, the brain or energy?

I beleive who we are is the energy wich is controlling the brain and the brain operates the body. There is a theory that states if you use 100% of your brain you become pure energy. we only use like 10% or somewhere around there if we used more what things could we do? Take for example ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) This is like moving things with your mind, or seeing the future or being able to locate where specific items are around the world. (there is more to it then that) now if we could move things with our mind Imagine what we could do if we used 100% of our brain

Well when you die your energy (you) does not die. so in other words a ghost or spirit.  now if ESP is possible then after you die your this bundle of energy (Ghost) wich could help explain why somthing non physicle can throw things around and perdict the future (like that Bell Witch ghost story... thing.) It could be like useing 100% of your brain

Anyways

The revolations part of the bible is by far the most interesting part of the entire book. Everything else is pretty much boring. (I'm really into these prophicy things)

Anyway even though we were supposed to have seen armagedon already the really interesting things are "supposed" to take place during the first 3 decades after 2000 so by 2030 we should all have been killed :)

(if you beleive in that sorta thing  I dont in particluar but its interesting to hear all the things that have come true

ooo this sounds like a good topic   ;D

• Guests

Posted 15 October 2002 - 12:42 PM

For me, I hope to reincarnate a few more times....I love to learn new things and the thought of not being able to learn anymore is distressing to me :(....well, that is how I feel at this point in time anyway ;).

I have a problem with everything concerning the spiritual lands being thought of in terms of only good or evil. Whether something is balanced or not is more of a concern for me rather than what the alignment may be(good vs evil). The concept of going to court in the heavens to be judged for misdeeds i commited in this life is funny to me. I feel that any misdeeds done on my behalf are answered for(and right away too ::), belive me) in this life, as are the deeds.

#11 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 08:13 PM

if you reincarnate you how do you carry what you learned in your past life to your new life. Your a brand new person with a new brain (same soul maybe). So its like you are learning knew things but the stuff you knew in your past life you dont know anymore so you may just be learning things you knew in your past life so it would not be knew things.  

See thats one of the reasons why I dont like to beleive in reincarnation and also because its as if your old self ceases to exist, and if you reincarnate into a slug or somthing you have like virtually no intelligence. And after your stepped on and become somthing else everything you were does not exist and after many lives how do you define yourself?

What if i was a vicious serial killer in a past life then i died and now
i'm living a good life right now, i'm a good guy, I'm going to be a cop some day, then i die, how do I define myself?  or vise versa.

To confusing for me.  :)

#12 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 23 October 2002 - 05:54 AM

um... you get judged. DUH!!!! LOL! j/k.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#13 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 06:52 AM

Our souls are ever evolving and they retain what we have learned from life time to life time.Its the same soul everytime just a diffrent physical body.You may or may not rememeber right out  what you have learned but subconciously you know.

It was been said by more then one psychic,channeller clairvoiant and anyone else in the field that based on thier knowledge and  understanding of the spiitual existance  that we do not incarnate into animals.Once your human your always human and vise versa  for animals.

As for being a serial killer.There are lesson to be learned by oue sould daily thats why were here.Are lesson are all based on us personaly.I might not have to learn a lesson you do and vise versa.A serial killer may be here to learn the value of human life and obviously hasnt.Therefore his sould will continue to repeat this pattern until that lesson is learned.Once that sould has learned that lesson,over came it and moves on the pattern will not repeat with said soul.Make sense?

For example..I had to over come physical abuse by men.I had been in 2 severyl abuseive relationships one for 4.5 yrs one for less then a month..thankfully.Ive almost died 3 times due to the relationship.I left 1 of 4.5yrs and instanly moved to the other.Knowing this was pattern I was following but wasnt sure how to stop it.Then one day it hit me like a bolt of lightening..Im worth something!Its not ok to do this,its no allowed and its wrong!!I fought back..ened that relationship and stayed single until I met my loving hubby.No one will ever ever physically touch me in anger again and if they do..my thier god be with them cause hell hath no fury like a women scorned!!! My lesson was learned..I found my self esteem and like myself for who I am now.It took many many years to become this person bu it happened.Now through the rest of all my lives I will never allow that treatment to myelf or others again.Make any more sense now?

#14 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:13 AM

Life isn't an easy lesson to learn,there are so many obstacle to over come, one wonder it takes more than one trip around to get it right. I'v noticed several times that when a person has finally found true love , the great job,financail security and fought all heath issues and are truley happy they die ???The way it looks I'll be around for awhile :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#15 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 07:21 AM

Some life lessona take many seveal life times to learn and over come.Once we reconise a life lesson for what it is and start the process of over comming it we are on the way to completing the lesson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users