Interesting symbols in the dollar bill

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:46 AM

How would I have known the link was going to bash Jews? Just because it says Jesus is Savior in the link doesn't mean the site is going to bash Jews. Most Christians I know don't hate Jews, though there are many misperceptions of the religion. Jesus was Jewish after all. I'm just wondering if the original poster of this thread even realized what he was posting?

It also proves the point that just because something is published on the web doesn't necessarily make it true, as so many people think. What's sad is that people will read this who don't even realize that much of the symbolism on the dollar bill has to do with the original 13 colonies, and the US symbols of freedom and democracy.

I hope you are not saying to me that I was wrong to go to the site and then be upset by what I saw on it. That's not my fault; plus I know the information is false and have the right to see his source. Please clarify that you are not "blaming me as the victim" rather than dealing with people posting obviously false and malicious websites.

If that is the case, then I'm totally done with GV and will never return.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#17 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:55 PM

Kira,

Some domain names make their position extremely clear. You complain that the phrase Jesus Saves shows up too frequently on the Village, yet you click on an off-site link with that exact phrase in the domain name and expect not to get offended? That's akin to me clicking on josephlied.com expecting it to promote Mormonism.

I don't like that particular Jesus Saves site (I've run into it before). Most of its pages are dedicated tearing down instead of building up. There's a page explaining why Catholicism isn't Christian, it classifies several sects as cults, bashes the Masons (Masonry is a fraternity, not a religion), etc.

I am not condoning that site, just saying with a little common sense we can avoid things we know will offend us.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#18 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

I don't have a problem with people talking about ANY religion on these boards. We have a good number of people from all types of religious backgrounds and I personally like reading about what people have to say about Jesus, Mormonism, Wicca, and everything else. If a particular religion offends, then just ignore it my friends. :clap: Unless of course someone is using their beliefs to bash all others on these forums. This isn't the place for that. This is a generally tolerant community of people.

I have to say that I didn't read the links until I saw what Kira said about anti-Jewish sentiments. She's right to be offended. I was and I'm not Jewish. I just don't like the implied ideas and conspiracy theories of the "Jews own and control all the money!" It not only perpetuates a stereotype, but is a commonly used conspiracy theory for ignorant racist and anti-semetic organizations. The Nazi party used ideas like this to foster hatred towards the Jewish people, who still receive an insane amount of discrimination and bigotry in this world. I found it very offensive.

#19 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:07 PM

Thanks Shawn,

Honestly I didn't even read the link before clicking on it. Once I got there I started looking around and then was HORRIFIED by what I found there. It's the same as young/adolescent girls accidentally clicking on sites that promote anorexia, or people clicking on links that bring them to Neo-Nazi sites; it wasn't their intention, but the weak of mind could very easily get sucked in by those sites and become indoctrinated.

Bottom line is that there is still too much hate and misunderstanding of people in the world, with the vast majority directed at minorities; so sad. It's the 21st century and humans are still hating one another based on skin color, stereotypes, and religion. If we don't learn from history, then we are destined to repeat the mistakes of the past. I guess some of us will never learn that we are all human beings with the same blood running through our veins, with the same basic needs for survival. Lastly, whether one believes in Creationism or Evolution, either way, we all share the same ancestors.

#20 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:27 PM

I thought it was interesting, especially morphing Washington into a mushroom. Now there is danger because some mushrooms are poisonous! :clap:

My uncles were Masons and I was a Jobs Daughter in my teens. It was too religious and formal for me so I left the organization.
Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

#21 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

Hi Ladywolf, it's like bending the Land O'lakes butter box and her knees become her chest. That was a different person who posted the picture of Washington becoming the mushroom. Heck, we all know now that he and Jefferson and most of the Founding Fathers of the United States were slave holders. They didn't teach me that when I was in high school. Most schools still don't I'd imagine.

Like all art, drawn symbolism can be interpreted in many different ways and the only person who knows the real meaning is the original author/artist of the work. Who here has tried to interpret Walt Whitman or Emily Dickenson? Theories on each of them abound. But alas, they are both dead so we shall never know.

#22 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

I dated a guy that was a Mason. I don't remember his description well but, the impression I got was that he was proud to belong to a boys club full of powerful men. He was a bit of a strange duck so I realized his interpretation may have been a bit skewed.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#23 Enigmatic Essence

Enigmatic Essence

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:29 AM

You can fold a dollar bill (US currency) and it shows 2 planes/2 towers or something. A friend shown me once.

People have to much time on their hands and make to much out of simple things like that.

But what is a MASON anyway?

B E L I E V E

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

#24 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

Although there are indeed some interesting symbols, the problem is that you can manipulate things to make your point. Search long enough for something, and you will convince yourself that you have found it, whether it is actually there or not.

Some of the symbols are obvious. However, the 6 sided star that the pyramid makes does not point at the letters as the person who drew the lines is trying to point out.

If you use thick enough lines, then yes, you can make it point to them, however, if you use thin lines, the right hand edge actually lines up with the U, not the M.

Posted Image

I'm sure that there are other discrepancies as well, if you look hard enough.

Is that a number at the base of the prymid?

#25 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

The art work of our money means some thing for sure. Exactly what I can only surmise. To respond to the question of "who owns our currancy", my opinion is the Queen of England. It just makes the most practical sense to me.

Regarding the response where some one is sick of hearing the word God, with respect, deal with it. We all exist together, and we all believe different things. It's not inherent right to not have to hear, see, or feel any thing that is in dissagreement with our views. Don't be misguided by the illusion of political correctness. It is a illusion and a tool of propaganda designed to influence the gullable, the vaulunrable. While it presents it self as offering some thing in acutality it is stripping right of freedom of thought and self expression. Don't be duped by the ever popular granting of rights. Under the design they can be, and frequently are, removed as easily as they are granted.

This is a interesting topic. Thanks to the poster for sharing it.

#26 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

Is that a number at the base of the prymid?

MDCCLXXVI is the number 1776 in Roman numerals.
M = 1000
D = 500
C = 100
L = 50
X = 10
V = 5
I = 1

1000 + 500 + 100 + 100 + 50 + 10 + 10 + 5 + 1 = 1776

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#27 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

Bravo, AlohaSpirit!!!! :clap:
That was really cool!

#28 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

I can understand that making the star of david on the pyramid can make Mason. But you see that each point make it's way to a letter, but what about the top of the pyramid? I guess it's inferred that you'd just follow it because that makes it a symbol, but I don't think thats exactly how it was meant to work.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#29 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:05 AM

Hello Thesameones,

What I meant about "Jesus this and Jesus that," was I felt that lately there are have been a lot of people whose intent appears to be to convert us ghost believers into Christians. I guess I didn't complete my thought in writing.
I personally I have a very close relationship with God, (my higher power), and agree that everyone has a right to believe in one, or not; my hope is that people don't try to shove their beliefs down the throats of us GVers because they feel we must be God-less to believe in spirits and ghosts, etc.

All in all, I've come to the conclusion that as you said, I will "deal with it."

Kira

#30 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:50 PM

I remember seeing this a few months back. Kinda freaky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users