Haunted Lighthouses, Washington State

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Cape Disappointement - I've been here before but at the time was there to see the lighthouses and the scenery, not investigation but I figured there would be some action there because there was a lot of wrecks there with ships trying to get up the Columbia River. It's known as the Graveyard of the Pacific.

Anyone hear of anything there?

Point Wilson Lighthouse in Port Townsend, WA has had some activity. Possibly a Lady In White situation:

Coast Guard wives stationed at Point Wilson Lighthouse in Port Townsend, Washington, have had to live with another woman. At various times, and to various wives, a shadow of a woman has been seen and heard in the keeper's quarters. Many a time a movement out of the corner of the eye has been seen, and when the wife would turn, there was nothing there but a fleeting shadow. Footsteps would often be heard leaving the room as the wife would turn to look. The woman is apparently a little on the nosy side, as evidenced by hearing someone rummaging in the bathroom cabinet, but of course no one else was in the house.

Who is this woman in a long gown who has also been seen wandering the grounds and going up into the lighthouse? No one seems to know for sure, but it is felt it could be the spirit of a woman whose daughter was lost in one of the numerous shipwrecks around Puget Sound. On one occasion, a mantle full of birthday cards was swept clean,all of them scattered on the floor. Perhaps it was the anniversary of the daughter's birthday. The neighbors have also heard the sounds of rummagin coming from the upstairs, even going so far as to call over and ask if anyone was there.

Strangely enough, most of the men that were stationed at the light have never seen or heard anything, with one exception. A visitor staying there and sleeping on the couch, and awoke with the feeling someone or something was smothering him. He sat up, clutching his throat and gasping for breath, and saw a figure of a woman in the kitchen. As he got up to see if she was the one who'd attacked him, she vanished.

Edited by LadyWolf, 26 November 2007 - 04:15 PM.

Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users