• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 KalebKellum

KalebKellum

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, all aspects of the paranormal and the occult. I love to read and write, Stephen King is my current favorite author. I enjoy cemetery photography, exploring old places, being a husband and a father.<br><br>I love ghosthunting here in New Orleans. There is something new and amazing to discover here everyday. The culture is like no other. I lived in New Orleans all my life and complained about it everyday. It took moving out of state to make me realize how much I love this city. Now I'm back in New Orleans and couldn't be happier.

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:16 PM

Does anyone here have any opinions or know anything about the dozens of vampire clans that pop up in large cities across America?

I did a little looking into them one year, being that I live in New Orleans and that the vampire trend is rather popular down here.
I learned a lot about the clans and groups themselves, but never got any solid information on how authentic they are.

Many people say that a vampire is simply a person that craves the blood of other people. These people get a sexual rush off of drinking blood or having blood taken. A piqualist is a fetishist that is aroused by blood letting and consumption. However, simply getting off on blood doesn't make someone a vampire anymore then having a foot fetish makes you a pediatist.

Other vampire groups seemed to be based around the White Wolf vampire role-playing game. They will form clans and houses based on those in the game and even war with eachother if the game states the clans are enemies.

Then there are the people that actually do believe they are real traditional vampires that live and thrive off of the blood or life force (psychic vampires) of human beings.

I haven't been able to document solid proof that anyone out there is a supernatural vampire, but it is a subject that I like, so I'll continue to chase it.
Knowledge is the clearest and most direct representation of utter power. The power to change your place on Earth, the power to change your fate, the very power to alter yourself. Thirst for this power and your inner longings will become satisfied and your external desires will become moot.http://www.geocities.com/kalebbkellum/

#2 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:24 PM

if ya cant proove it doesn't it mean it don't exixt. not being a vampire freak fan here i don't know whaht to say. we have some under ground vampire cults here in seattle i know fo though. my fianceee knows more though.
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#3 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:08 PM

My husband has a friend who claims to be a member of a vampire house... the House of Boone, I think is what he called it, which hails from Minnesota. I've talked to him on occassion about it, and pretty much see it as an exclusive family-based club of people who drink blood. Wether or not they believe they live forever or are granted special powers is really insignificant after that point. You get to the basics, and they just want to feel special, like they belong, like ANY person who is a member of a club or group or church or coven.

I don't believe in the supernatural vampires, so I just kind of shrug it off when I read or speak with someone who claims to be one. Don't get me wrong, I listen and ask questions, but I don't believe it without some sort of proof to back up their claims of power and 500 year history, for instance.

The Houses serve a purpose, however, so long as the members can live productive lives OUTSIDE of this group activity and be a contributing member of society.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#4 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:37 PM

*rubs hands together with glee* yay! more info for my novel!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#5 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:26 PM

alsie girl what are writting about? tell me. please i'll give you a cookie. ok a new pair of shoes . tell me tell me tell me......tee hee 8)ok i'm going to keep my cool now
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#6 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:52 PM

oooh new shoes...okay! i'll tell.

go to the general board. in there, there is an entire board dedicated to my story. its called "vampires anyone?" if you wanna check it out. i've got pieces of the story in it.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#7 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:35 AM

Other vampire groups seemed to be based around the White Wolf vampire role-playing game. They will form clans and houses based on those in the game and even war with eachother if the game states the clans are enemies.

Ummm....see....what you described is actually LARP. Live Action Role Playing.  It's just a game.  These folks don't actually believe that they are vampires.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#8 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:14 AM

people who think think they are vamprires= nuttyness

i'm sorry but real vampires  just do not exist. now that lil creature that lives in the corn fields in iowa by my grandmas house is real cause a lil kid told me. lil kids don't lie do they?.......j/k

can anyone here say you think vampires reallly exsist?

#9 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:19 AM

I think that drinking someone else’s blood is gross. We have to many viruses out here to take that chance. I personally would never do that and the people who do it now should really consider making sure that the person has been thoroughly checked. They could regret it later.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#10 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:27 AM

ya know the idea of drinking blood is purely grosss ecspecaiily with those high risks of nasty disease like hunnyfire said. now drinking your own blood would be better. ::)

#11 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:05 AM

I think that vampires exist...in a way.  Many cultures have legends/myths about demons/spirits that feed off the blood of humans.  This is actually where the original myth of the reanimated corpse comes from in Eastern Europe.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#12 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

I don't think that the ones in movies exists. Maybe in past lives when it was nothing but magic and explained theory. Other then that as far as the vampires today I bet they don't turn to dust in the light.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:08 AM

well, but I guess just drinking blood is not Vampirism. Doesn't it have more to it than that?
Posted Image

#14 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:24 AM

Well from what I seen in movies that's what they do. They also live in rich homes and throw drink parties.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:31 AM

hahahahahaha.... well, the movies..........

Originally the Vampire is a MONSTER that terrorized people, unlike the modern Vampire totally based on the Dracula movies. lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users