8 replies to this topic

#1 UnScene

UnScene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:29 PM

Hello group:

I am a writer currently working on a short story, and I am looking for information on what the latest Scientific testing that is being done to prove or disprove the existance of Ghosts in general.
I am by no means informed in the Science world, and that I guess is why I need help. I am not even sure where to find such "Public" information. I know, as investigators, there are a lot of people who have just as valuable information, but I am looking for more Lab tested information.
If someone out there could direct me as to where to find some reference, I would greatly appreciate it.
UnScene

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hi Unscene

Whilst I may be no good to you looking for help, I just wanna wish you luck on the subject ! :)

#3 UnScene

UnScene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

Thank you Mark,
Writing is a lonely profession, and frustrating at times. Although I can't imagine doing anything else, and it's cheaper than therapy. Ha Ha Ha. The story I am working on was started quite some time ago, so I am afraid my information is now outdated. I have been involved with the paranormal for quite some time, although not able to keep up with all the reading it requires, so I am myself, outdated. I am looking for a general subject on the hottest topic with a teck. angle. Maybe even some sugested reading might get me started in the right direction. I appreciate the time and the support.
thanks again.
UnScene

#4 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:My Favorites:<br />MUSIC, songwriting and Neurological Music Therapy Research.... oh, and flowers... lots of them.....<br /><br />My Experience:<br />Musical Composition, Orchestration, Arranging, <br />Performance....... <br />Music Video Production, Filming, Editing, Pod Casting.....<br />Photography, Cinematography, PhotoJournalism.... <br />Producer, Writer, Film Editor........<br /> <br />Paranormally:<br />Researcher of Inaudible Cacophonic Phonology, <br />I use digital and 8mm film, Nikon D60 Digital SLR Photography and digital audio....<br />St. Michael and the Angels, demonology and possession......<br /><br />I'm on a mission from God....<br /><br />4:44

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

Hi!!! You may want to start by looking at David Rountree's blogs.... if you haven't already.....

http://www.ghostvill..._1954/index.php?

.... HAPPY READING!!!....... :)

peace...
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#5 LadyWolf

LadyWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I have pretty eclectic tastes so most anything interests me.

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

Interesting subject. I know how lonely writing can be but I like it that way.

Fortunately, research is my thing, so I'll see if I can't come up with stuff for you.
Suz"Fear conscripts its own armies, takes its own prisoners."

#6 UnScene

UnScene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:38 AM

Interesting subject. I know how lonely writing can be but I like it that way.

Fortunately, research is my thing, so I'll see if I can't come up with stuff for you.

Dear Lady,
thank you for the understanding. yes I also enjoy research, and it is a major part of writing. But I do run into subjects that at times I need a jumping off point. Are you a writer as well? To quote Stephen King, "write with the door closed, Re-write with the door open". I appreciate any help and support you have time for.
thanks again.

#7 Palimpsest

Palimpsest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

The only scientific proof I've known that disproves the existence of ghosts is lack of evidence, or falsified/faulty evidence that doesn't survive the scientific testing methods and just comes up as lack of proof on the ghost-existence end... but there WAS this one guy that tried to weight the soul by subtracting the weight of a living body from the weight of a dead body that was the same, um, weight, and he came up with -21 ounces. Or something. Here: http://www.snopes.co.../soulweight.asp

I hope this helped.

#8 UnScene

UnScene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

The only scientific proof I've known that disproves the existence of ghosts is lack of evidence, or falsified/faulty evidence that doesn't survive the scientific testing methods and just comes up as lack of proof on the ghost-existence end... but there WAS this one guy that tried to weight the soul by subtracting the weight of a living body from the weight of a dead body that was the same, um, weight, and he came up with -21 ounces. Or something. Here: http://www.snopes.co.../soulweight.asp

I hope this helped.

thanks so much, very interesting. I am sure by the time my story is ready to go to print, the information my be out of date, so maybe I should conscider a different angle. any help, is a big help. thanks again.

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

Try Gary E. Schwartz.PhD at the University of Arizona. He's director of it's Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health.
He's author of "The Afterlife Experiments", "The Truth About Medium", co-author "The Energy Healing Experiments".
Lab work.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users