6 replies to this topic

#1 ufogeek

ufogeek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Boxes, EVP, paranormal

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

Hi All,

I don't know if you are aware of the big breakthrough that has hit the EVP community in the last week or so. Seems that Frank's Box (Ghost Box) like systems may now be readily available using a little radio sold by Radio Shack. Their model 12-469 can be easily modified to act as one of the main components that is found in Ghost Boxes such as Frank's Box and others.
This 12-469 modification takes about 10 minutes and allows the radio to then fully sweep the AM or FM bands, providing the "Raw Audio" that other Ghost Boxes use for speech by the entities/spirits, if you believe in that stuff.
Even the developer of Frank's Box, Frank Sumption has told me my little setup looks pretty good. I show a practical way to use the modified radios in a "Ghost Box" type configuration.

If you'd like to see the videos of this system setup, you can go to the following places. Note: I ask for no money for this information, I share it freely so people can experiment on their own.

Part 1: (10 minute video)
Part 2: (4 minute video)

Here is another 23 minute video of more detailed step-by-step setup and functional testing: http://www.ufogeek.c...p_practical.wmv

13 minute video on how to modify the RS 12-469 radio: http://www.ufogeek.com/12-469mod.wmv

13 minute video on how to modify the RS 12-470 radio (older model, gray and white case): http://www.ufogeek.com/12-470mod.wmv

I hope this information is of some use to you. As I said, this is breaking news that is only a week old. Many people may not even know about it yet.

Thanks for listening!
Mike Coletta
Colorado Springs

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hi Mike

Welcome to the Village

Thanks for the info :ghost:

#3 PRRS

PRRS

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

My team and I used this variation of the ghost box this past weekend. We used the exact same layout and your right it takes only couple of minutes.

The results were astonishing we received clear, direct answers to our quetions that consisted of things needing answers not to include yes and no. Things such as one of the other investigators name and you can clearly hear it stated about 6 times.

This was all done while we were brodcasting live on our radio talk show. If interested you can listen to the recording of the ghost box session at www.prrsociety.com and the radio broadcast including the reveal is located there under radio show.

I would not hesitate as an investigator to state this does work!

Jennifer

#4 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

Well it's nice to hear someone has had luck with this. I stumbled across this Hack Shack Box back around February. It is definitely an easy modification to make - however, through my use with it I have produced nothing clear cut or conclusive to say that it works.

In my honest opinion, the loud "click" noise that it makes as it scans the stations, coupled with the contamination of radio broadcasts, seems to make this piece of equipment too volatile to trust. Also - doesn't "Frank's Box" scan up the band, and then back down the band? If this is the case, these radios don't work the same way.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 PRRS

PRRS

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

I agree the clicking is very distracting and loud but once you get use to that noise it does get better and the recording is easier to listen to.

The location we used this at may have a direct result in the amount of activity we received because it is very haunted. If you go to our site and listen you can hear clearly the responses. We documented this with video as well. I am also a radio talk show host and we did this live during the early morning hours.

I would love to get my hands on a real Franks Box to see it works.

My boyfriend also used this in his house which has reported activity and he did get some clear answers there as well.

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

Having built and tested one in the laboratory, I can say they create nothing more than bits and pieces of sound which the mind puts together. I went to the website and found the radio show, however the audio quality on Blogtalk does not lend itself to analysis. (No fault of anyone there, just they severely compress to save bandwidth). Tests I conducted included using a high speed data logger to determine the station that supplied the snippet of sound the box tuned into at any given instant. Thus I was able to determine the voice that supplied the sound. For a spirit to be able to (1) know in advance what station was broadcasting the snippet it needed, (2) to be able to create the voltage on the tuner control pin of the IC to select the station that was broadcasting that snippet, and (3) be able to pull this off in a manner to create a phrase, stretches credibility. Rather such a technologically advanced spirit would just speak over any amplifier as an EVP and make itself heard.

These boxes work using the concept of audio paraedolia, that is create so much noise and chaos that the listener hears what he wants to hear. It is the power of suggestion that creates a word or two in the noise. The clicks and buzzes just make it easier to pull this off.

Now my question, I have the facilities to build these boxes, and even though I can explain how they work and have done so in the lab, I likely could sell them to believers. Would it be ethical for me to do so? (BTW, I'm NOT taking orders...)

#7 GPPI_JMe

GPPI_JMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

No more or less ethical than the people who buy these cheap radios from Radio Shack, perform this extremely simple modification, and then mark them up on eBay an extra $20-$30.

Thanks for the further details on the subject, PRRS and CR.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users