• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:18 PM

Not trying to put u down or anything, but since she was a member of the DDoS she was told to hate Wiccans, Pagans, and date one who is a Satanist like staying with your own kind. But to me my friendship is more inportant than my religion  :)
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#17 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:33 AM

Having someone hate me cause i am Wiccan is nothing new to me. if she needs help send her my email.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:34 AM

I hate these stupid dumb heads! Boy! What difference does it make if you are a Wiccan? Isn't it nice to worship the Mother Nature than ...... (well, I have a nasty tongue when it comes to such idotic stuff) >:) >:(
Posted Image

#19 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:23 PM

I will send her your way, as 4 her hating Wiccans she was told to by the owner of the DDoS (Dark Divinity of Satan) but you must be a Traditional Satanist to understand. But my lil sister knows I will not let anyone be rude to her with out them hearing from me. To me there isn't nothing wrong with Wiccans as you can see I get along with my sister Lady Pandora

Darkest Blessings
HP Belial
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#20 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:35 PM

Belial I have missed you :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#21 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 08:06 PM

hey Secretsign how are you doing? missed u to, sorry haven't talked much. I'm still around but not much to post on where I can sare my views on.

Belial

#22 bennubaby

bennubaby

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:43 PM

be careful when exorcising spirits. my friends father came from scottland and did it for a career. he was a pastor as well, but accidentally ran into a very powerful entity. well after exorcising it it has followed and haunted his family ever since.  i had never heard of spiritual revenge until then. now it seems he has opened the flood gates for all kinds of spirits to visit the family. BE CAREFULL. i know people try to do good by exorcising a spirit, but it could backfire and just increase the problem. another thing you must watch out for is if the spirit has a definite reason for being there. if a spirit was murdered he should not be exorcised out of his killer.  you should let him have his payback or forces much higher will back him up.

#23 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:39 PM

That's not news. Back in my hometown, there was a Baptist minister who told his congregation to hate anyone who wasn't Baptist and to only associate with "their own kind." It's old and a rather primitive reaction to people who share different beliefs.

#24 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:03 AM

You guys, believe or not, the Catholic church is VERY careful about exorcisims. Very few are performed worldwide every year. They take them very seriously.  THe church will not preform one until a very thourough investigation is completed and all other explainations are exhausted.  The alleged 'possessed' must endure psychiatric evaluations, medical evaluations, etc.  It is nothing to fool around with!  After dealing with the dark side for over 2000 years the Church has learned all the ins and outs.  By the way, not just any ole priest can perform them.  The Church has priests that are specifically trained to do this.  That's how serious this is.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#25 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:52 AM

Very true Hawk, the church takes exorcisms very seriously and are careful to make sure that they are dealing with an 'authentic' case of possession and not someone that just might have a physical or mental illness, in the catholic church there are three kinds of exorcisms:

1- Exorcism of the possessed:
   A simple and authoritative adjuration addressed to the demon in the name of God and more especially in the name of Jesus Christ crucified, is the usual form of exorcism... But sometimes in addition to words some symbolic action is employed, such as breathing (insufflatio), or laying of hands on the subject, or making the sign of the cross

2- Baptismal exorcism
   At an early age the practice was introduced into the Church of exorcising catechumens as a preparation for the Sacrament of Baptism... now it is usually done during the baptismal ceremony.

3- Other Exorcisms
   Places and things as well as persons are naturally liable to diabolical infestation, and exorcism in regard to them is nothing more that a prayer to God, in the name of His Church, to restrain this diabolical power supernaturally, and a profession of faith in His willingness to do so on behalf of His servants on earth.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#26 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 08:53 PM

The Church is that thorough about exorcisms because it's one of the few institutions in the world that still performs them and it's embarassed about it.

#27 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 06:01 AM

I would have to disagree.  From everything I've read there is no embarassment but I will concede that they want to make sure the exorcism they are to imbark on is not explainable by any other more physiological means so that the headlines won't read:  Exorcisim performed on woman suffering from alzheimers.  And the assertion that the Church is one of the few who are still performing this rite is also inaccurate.  The Pentecostals perform exorcisms routinely-got headaches?  It's for sure a demon so let's cast it out!  Unfortunately there are some Christian sects that, in my humble mere insignificant opinion, perform them like MacDonalds makes hamburgers.  My own belief is that true possessions are very rare.

Willow, thanks for the follow up!  I didn't know the baptisim was a combined rite.  You enlighted me, thanks! :)
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#28 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 03:15 PM

I have to agree, though I'm no longer a practicing Catholic,
I do know that the Church approaches things from a slightly more scientific approach as far as observing behavior, interviewing witnesses to the purported activity before coming to its conclusions and performing any sort of ritual.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#29 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:25 PM

Be forewarned!  Christians, before attempting anything like this, remember the fate of the seven sons of Sceva (see Acts 19).

Real exorcisms are scary as all get out!  They are done in private and no publicity is made.  These ceremonies have one purpose and one purpose only:  to rid the body (or house) of an unwanted guest.

Ironically, my first exorcism took place in the Missionary Training Center (MTC).  Elders spend between two weeks and two months here getting ready for the harvest.  We have classes 12 hours a day covering doctrine.  We also have another 3 hours set aside for personal and companionship study of the scriptures.  We eat, sleep, dream, and live the scriptures.

Anyways, one evening my room (6 elders sleep in each room) was just settling down.  We said our nightly prayers and turned off the electric lights, but the sun was still up so we couldn't sleep.  One of the elders had the great idea of telling ghost stories from our home lands.  Since everyone else in my room was from the mainland, they focused on me.

As I was talking about the Night Marchers, I looked over at Elder Palmer and do a double-take.  He noticed the look of terror in my eyes and inquired the cause of my concern.  The others were now getting into the confrontation.

I looked at Elder Palmer once more.  Memories came flooding back.  Elder Palmer's features, in that light, reminded me of a blast from the past. I stammerred: "The way your face looks right now - the features, the shadows, even your smile - reminds me of someone." "who?" "Forgive me, but you look like _him_." "him who?" "the devil"

The room went hush. One elder asked how I knew. As I told of the shadow-man and adventures in seeking his identity, something happened. Elder Palmer's face started to glow a faint red. Then a body of darkness came out of him. The personage was shadow (it swallowed all light), but tinges of light fringed its form. It stood up and pointed at me.

I leapt out of my bed and turned on the lights. The shadow remained, but its outer glow glow softened. The body stayed as dark as ever. I raised my arm to the square and commanded him to depart. Then he faded and disappeared.

I asked what the others had seen. Everyone in that room, except Elder Palmer saw the shadow. They asked why it pointed at _me_. I said I didn't know. By now, Elder Palmer was pale as a ghost and couldn't believe his ears.

I was the only one out of bed; most of the others were hiding under their covers. We didn't dare turn off the lights for fear of a repeat. I especially didn't want to know its message.

To calm us and dispell the gloom, we sang five hymns. I, having the most experience, was asked what to do. I suggested that we each say a prayer in order to invite the Holy Spirit back. Next we did a group exorcism, based off of some old instructions my dad had passed down to me. Finally, I rededicated that room as a place where the Holy Spirit would always be welcome and a place of study and prayer.

Nothing else has happened in that room since.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

intresting thread, just need a bump ;D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic