• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

I remeber back on my first trip to Salem MA, we took a ghost tour. The guide told a story of a ghost ship in Salem Harbor, but I can't remember the detials. I'll have to see if I can dig something up.

Would it be overly ironic if I said I am kin to the people who owned the company that owned that ship, and if I said I have had dreams of falling off a ship and drowning in water?
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#17 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

It is said any ship to see a Funayuhrei is destined the turn in circles until its drowns and becomes a ghost ship itself
Randommm qoutteee

I'm not very sure if this counts as a story, But for about 4 or 5 years of my life I lived on a boat in a yacht club. When we didn't live on it my mother would work the top bar, trying to help hire new bartenders. If I looked out to the harbor I would sometimes see people rowing in old-fashion rowboats. And, normally, people drive motorboats for fishing, going to different places along th harbor, ect. I never thought it was strange, mainly because I didn't know back then. I would just wave and they'd wave back, like nothing was wrong at all.
Sometimes I'd look across the harbor at night to see people walking along the beach, or climbing the rocks. I really wished I could do it, but I wasn't aloud.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#18 cru1s3r19

cru1s3r19

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

tomorrow's ghost whisperer on CBS is about a haunted cruise ship and i heard it was filmed on THE QUEEN MARY ship in Long Beach, CA which is really supposed to be haunetd. I wonder if there were any unexplained activities during that shoot.

Actually the promo looks really scary -- a ship full of ghosts, creepy...can't wait.

#19 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

The Charles W. Morgan in Mystic, CT is supposedly haunted by a man working in the lower decks. Not very exciting I know, but quite typical. Highly routinized jobs like lighthouse keeping, guard duty, working on a ship in general, seem to leave those who die suddenly caught in a trap of routine. If I had to spend eternity or just a few dozen more years at work after I die, well, lets just say I now believe in Hell. Heh, heh, but seriously, many shipwrecks at the race where the Atlantic Ocean dumps into Long Island Sound at the deep point. There was a ghosthunter's episode there, it's called Race Rock Light House, and further most people know about Ernie in Ledgelight who plays pranks on the Coasties who maintain the place after having killed himself when his wife ran off with a ferry captain.
What is more interesting I believe is the shadow people of Napatree Point. I haven't seen a ghost ship unfortunately but Napatree Point in Watch Hill Road Island is a sand bar that curves like a hook out into the Sound. At the end of that hook is the remains of an old stone structure where lookouts would warn the pirates and smugglers of New London, Stonington, and Groton, CT of British patrols and even merchant ships by lighting signal fires. The less romantic and far more nefarious practice which also took place here was land piracy, where salvagers would lure ships to sandbars with phony signals and then plunder the wreckage and it is believed the shadow entities on Napatree Point are the victims of this, though it could also just be a regular shipwreck caused by incompetence or foul weather.
Regardless, all of the historic coastal towns have shipwreck ghost stories but the sheer numbers involved in these tragedies would be mind-numbing by today's standards. Perhaps air travel doesn't sound so dangerous after all.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#20 D.Slaft

D.Slaft

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing, motorcross

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:43 AM

It looks like an accidental "Peppers Ghost Illusion" . See the window glass how it is tipped?
This makes a plain glass reflect like a mirror, the person in that reflection is probably standing next to the camera that took this picture,
Enough said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users