Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Spirits that feed off the energy of living hosts...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Ravenheart

Lord Ravenheart

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

I hesitiate to post my question here, but it seems the proper place at the moment.

I have heard it said that spirits or ghosts, can and will pull energy from living people and i am curious as to how one would know that and if it is true, then how can one go about discovering whether or not they are playing host to such a thing???

**(I am not sure that I really believe in demons, but I certainly believe there is evil in the world and that there are spirits bigger than me out there in the spirit realm that may not have my best interests at heart, so I am willing to continue to entertain the idea).

thanks,
Lord Ravenheart

#2 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

I personally have had an experience with with what you have posted. Dave and I like to go to Morely music Hall in Painesville.....we had been there many times, but what I can remember I was sitting on the stage in the hall and I started to get dizzy and nauses....I told Dave I wasn't feeling well...we were about 20 minutes into this investigation....He said lets go eat and get some air...maybe that would help......so we left to go eat and I was back to feeling good, but a little tired. So about 3 hours later we ventured back to Morely. I was up by the Pillars above the stage I was taking pictures all the sudden that feeling came over me again. I was extremely dizzy and felt very week. I had to get out of Morely and get away and get some fresh air....As soon as we left I was myself again, but very very tired I have been in Morely since then and have never had that experince again. I don't know if it was a good spirit or a nasty one...we believe Morely has many earthbound spirits. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#3 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 23 December 2007 - 06:42 PM

I personally have had an experience with with what you have posted. Dave and I like to go to Morely music Hall in Painesville.....we had been there many times, but what I can remember I was sitting on the stage in the hall and I started to get dizzy and nauses....I told Dave I wasn't feeling well...we were about 20 minutes into this investigation....He said lets go eat and get some air...maybe that would help......so we left to go eat and I was back to feeling good, but a little tired. So about 3 hours later we ventured back to Morely. I was up by the Pillars above the stage I was taking pictures all the sudden that feeling came over me again. I was extremely dizzy and felt very week. I had to get out of Morely and get away and get some fresh air....As soon as we left I was myself again, but very very tired I have been in Morely since then and have never had that experince again. I don't know if it was a good spirit or a nasty one...we believe Morely has many earthbound spirits. Julie

Good points and thoughts Julie! Those nasty evil/bad spirits will target the weak. They will hit the weaker of the group/two- some. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#4 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

Your question kind of makes one wonder if people who are plagued with chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, and perhaps some other illnesses that the medical profession cannot figure out the cause, maybe have spirits attached to them that are sucking out all of their energy. I don't know. It could certainly be a possibility for some. There is just so much that we do not know, nor how to prove.

I know that when any sort of entity is near me, I get very, very cold. When I move away from it, I will immediately warm up. Usually by the time I go back to the original spot, the air has warmed again to the same temperature as the rest of the room. Luckily, I have never encountered a demon, that I am aware of. Whirly Dude
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#5 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Your question kind of makes one wonder if people who are plagued with chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, and perhaps some other illnesses that the medical profession cannot figure out the cause, maybe have spirits attached to them that are sucking out all of their energy. I don't know. It could certainly be a possibility for some. There is just so much that we do not know, nor how to prove.

I know that when any sort of entity is near me, I get very, very cold. When I move away from it, I will immediately warm up. Usually by the time I go back to the original spot, the air has warmed again to the same temperature as the rest of the room. Luckily, I have never encountered a demon, that I am aware of. Whirly Dude

I agree...
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

#6 sororluna

sororluna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Seances, Mediumship, Ghosts, Hauntings, Psychic stuff<br /><br />University Lecturer in Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biblical Hebrew<br /><br />Founding Member of Psychics and Ghost Hunters of Western Oregon<br /><br />Reiki Master <br /><br />Light Body Graduate (www.orindaben.com)<br /><br />Have studied Parapsychology in my spare time since 1989<br /><br />Medium-in-Training since 1994 (Mainly mental mediumship however have some knowledge of physical as well).<br /><br />Lived in Durham, England for 2 years (my husband is British) and have seen 60+ mediums live in various Spiritualist Churches in the UK and USA, as well as attending psychic worshops and mediumship classes in both countries.<br /><br />10 or more years of personal, detailed, hands-on experience with EACH of the following faiths: Baptist, Catholic, Pagan/Witchcraft. <br /><br />I do Biblical Hebrew (Old Testament) and Biblical Greek (New Testament), if anybody wants any literal translations of paranormal matters in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. My main area of interest however is Latin, which I speak fluently and teach, and also Ancient Greek, if anybody wants literal translations of any Pagan writings. Also fairly fluent in Italian. Two terms of German as well :).

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:41 AM

I had an experience this past fall with an entity like this.

I was feeling great, and was driving back home with a friend in my car. She was in a very bad state, having tried to commit suicide two weeks before. I had spent about half a day with her.

I didn't think anything about it at first, but I started feeling depressed and negative. It had gotten so bad by the next day, I realized "this isn't me - this isn't my energy." Having battled depression in the past, I knew EXACTLY what my own personal funk feels like, and this wasn't it. There was no event that had brought this on, no illness, nothing. It wasn't me.

So I decided to relax and meditate a bit to see if I could perceive somehow what was wrong. I got the impression of a blobby, dark, jello-like entity, maybe 2-3 times larger than my head, which had attached itself to me. The only way I can describe it would be to say it was an "energetic tick." (being from Alabama I've had more than one tick on me in my time, and it felt similar - the idea that something was attached to you, impersonally, just for energy/feeding on you.)

As I mentioned in my post about the exorcism I heard in Italy, above, I know there are evil entities that do have personality, individuality, and can think and choose etc. However this entity seemed to be a purely energetic, lower, almost bug-like (like a tick), and had nothing personal against me, nor seemed "evil" or "malicious." Just like a tick, this is what it did to survive, and attached to me simply because I was there.

I believe that the entity had sucked all the life energy it could out of my friend, and then moved onto me, because I was full of the energy it wanted.

So I demanded it leave me, and affirmed that my Guides and Angels would protect me. It left me immediately, as did my melancholy. However it hopped onto my husband for a day or two before it left!

#7 Lord Ravenheart

Lord Ravenheart

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 01:35 AM

I know that when any sort of entity is near me, I get very, very cold. When I move away from it, I will immediately warm up. Usually by the time I go back to the original spot, the air has warmed again to the same temperature as the rest of the room. Luckily, I have never encountered a demon, that I am aware of. :lol:

Wow, everyone here is so insightful. I have Chronic Fatigue Lymphadonopathy Syndrome and Fibromylagia Syndrome. I also have Seasonal Affective Disorder, except this year I began getting "crashes", where one feels suddenly weak and sleepy and has to go to bed. I am now sleeping up to 18 hours each day and have no control over it. So, when the topic came up I began to wonder if I might have one of these lower type entities attached to me. Body temperature goes a bit out of control with CFS/FS too so, that is another bell-ringer...LOL!!!! Perhaps, as mentioned, it is like a sort of spiritual tick that attempts to feed off of our life force. So if ya pray, I would appreciate some prayers for the return of good health. I am not very good at being sick and I have been legally disabled now, since 1998. Thank you in advance and thank you for your replies.

Brightest blessings,
Lord Ravenheart

#8 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

Apparently I have a tendancy to pick up "hitch hikers". Entities that seem to latch on and either drain energy from me or like to mess with my thoughts. (Perhaps they do that to get the negative energy that they want) I am discovering that I have to be careful when going into a haunted enviornment. I try to sheild myself and ask for protection, otherwise I tend to pick up these spiritual "ticks".
I've only ever had one human spirit "hitch hike" before. Fortunatly I was able to get him to go away.
I have to watch my emotional state carefuly because I tend to pick up emotions form other people as well, so sometimes it's hard to tell if what I am feeling is really me, someone else or something else.
It's worse when I am highly stressed, which I have been for the last four months or so.

Lord Ravenheart, I have some symptoms of SAD, though I think they are mild in comparison to some. You have my sympathy and of course good vibes are headed your way! :lol:
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#9 Lord Ravenheart

Lord Ravenheart

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:15 AM

I tend to pick up emotions form other people as well, so sometimes it's hard to tell if what I am feeling is really me, someone else or something else.
It's worse when I am highly stressed, which I have been for the last four months or so.

Lord Ravenheart, I have some symptoms of SAD, though I think they are mild in comparison to some. You have my sympathy and of course good vibes are headed your way! :clap:

Yep, I am empathic too, so I understamnd about picking up on others thoughts and feelings! BTW, you can just call me Raven, so ya don't have to type all that out. hee hee!

Thank you for the Good Vibes, they are much needed these days!

lots of love to you,
Raven

#10 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:05 AM

Also something to look into for fatigue is psychic vampires. Just remember, if they aren't causing you pain and misery, then just let them feed a little. They'll cause a lot less trouble and go away faster if you leave them alone when not harming you... WE NEED TO LIVE TOO!!! :)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#11 AG841

AG841

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

Good point.

#12 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

Ummm...I can't come in to work today because, ummm, a, ah, spirit is sucking all my energy...yeah, that's it! :weeee:

Actually, that is a really good theory. I'd be interested in researching that.

...now if only they would accept that excuse at work...
Posted Image

#13 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

Kira, I'm so glad you brought that up. I have thought the same thing for many years. When I was teaching my children their prayers, I was also experiencing some scary happenings in my home. I found that even though I had quit praying those prayers, now I needed them myself! There's a children's prayer to their guardian angel, and to this day, I pray that prayer and the prayer to saint Michael for protection. Maybe our mothers knew what they were talking about when it came to nightly prayer before bed and waking up in the morning. Can't hurt.
I have recommended this to a couple of people I know, when they were in "a funk', and it certainly brightened their lives.

No matter what it is that we're suffering, there's help. We just have to ask. "Miracles" should be an every day thing.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users