13 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:36 AM

This is a very interesting article.  I thought I would share this with everyone, and see if it sparks some discussion.  Maybe a path to look down for some answers?  Who knows, but I think it's work a peek.  I am also trying to figure out what Reiki is lol! I just chanced upon the article and thought it showed some good scientific results.  Something concrete to study further.

http://www.reiki.org...ncemeasures.htm
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#2 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:39 AM

Ah, Reiki is a type of personal "energy Healing"  It's another more new age type self healing and self fullfilment type practice.  But I was happy to see some scientific findings to back up the theory.
I am also looking deeper into the scientific side of this.  

#3 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:00 AM

ACtually, this may not be the place to be posting this stuff, so the mods can feel free to move it.  But for now, here's where I'm putting it.

Here is another article relating to the human energy field.

http://www.twm.co.nz/energ.html

#4 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:05 AM

Heh, I can think of at least 3 places to post this info.  LOL!  Not sure where the best is.

#5 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:03 AM

What a fascinating find, Akthra, and yeah, I've ALWAYS believed that Reiki is a very efficent way of healing people. I've known people to use distant healing using Reiki with fantastic results. I've also seen some wild pics using the Kirilan (sp?)aura camera, and I've also been able to see auras on people as well. To me, I think that touch is the most way of healing...ever seen those tests where after a person (physically or mentally disabled) pets an animal, they are noticably more mobile and able to interact with others? I've also heard that a human needs to be touched (good touch that is :)) at least 50 times a day in order to be psychologically healthy. And since we are ALL made of energy IMO, it makes sense that we need this sort of contact. But this is the first time I've seen scientific proof of what I've always believed to be true, so ty for the info! ;)

#6 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:25 AM

Yeah, it's pretty amazing stuff.  This is the first I have heard of Reiki, but I know there has been scientific work on the general subject with measurable results. Not to mention the fact that the scientific community (at least the bio that is) holds the notion open that humans have this energy field.  I like the fact that they have even pondered the idea that it could be the 5th state of matter.  hmm....   The 5th state of matter is a GHOST????!!! AHA!!!!  no, just kidding.... being silly.... OR maybe....... HMMMMMM.....  *LOL!*

#7 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:50 AM

At this rate, we'll soon be able to prove that ghosts DO exist via scientific methods, so don't be so quick to discount your, uh, silly 5th matter theory! Who knows...maybe you'll even win a Nobel for it! *wouldn't expect less from a Scorp!;D*

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 11:29 AM

*snaps his pincers and flicks his tail*

#9 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 11:39 AM

50 times a day?  No wonder I feel like crap most of the time, I doubt that happens 50 times a month. It is true that when I go for more than about two months without touching another human( which happens fairly frequently, I'm too easily overstimulated to be around people more than about three days a week), I get stressed out to the point of physical pain( unfortunately this also happens when I'm around people too MUCH), and it is amazing how much difference a hug can make at such times. Incidentally, this kind of research also could show a non-psychological cause why, when I have a fever, holding a purring cat will often bring it down for me faster than aspirin.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#10 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:13 PM

YeThe 5th state of matter is a GHOST????!!! AHA!!!!  no, just kidding.... being silly.... OR maybe....... HMMMMMM.....  *LOL!*

It would be the sixth form, after Bose-Einstein condensate.

And remember the source.  I'm not saying to dismiss it; just remember that reiki.org probably isn't interested in giving a balanced view of the existance/nonexistance of reiki energy.
What Would Batman Do?

#11 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 02:57 AM

This is very true Gregory, I don't let that slip from my mind, but if there are tests involved, I'd love to see how they did it, what they used to measure it with and what the results are.  Then, find out from other sources if the tests are valid or just a bunch of hokey wierdness.  I do however, find it interesting some of the type of people that were involved in the testing and experiments.  These are some people that have some pretty high end education and scientific backround.  You'd think the experiments were done in earnest.

#12 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 09:47 AM

I was once acquainted with a man who claimed to be "third-level Reiki master". I hear "third level" anything, and I'm automatically discrediting this person in my mind. That, to me, equates hearing "I am a 20th level Wizard from the land of Dragonrealm!"

I don't really understand how Reiki is any different from faith healing or any type of hands-on or auric healing system. And Reiki.org is not the best website on the matter.

I'm not saying I don't believe in healing, as I've had it used on me with very positive results. Now... the pictures of aura's... I don't believe those work. At the last holisitic festival I attended, my friend spent 30.00 on a pretty picture with lots of colors and a chart that described them, which was in NO WAY accurate. Seems like a waste of money to me. Just take a photo of yourself, load it into photoshop on your computer, and paint a rainbow of colors around it and you'll effectively have the same thing, and just as accurate!

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:36 AM

so.... it all boils down to energy and controling it, eh?
Posted Image

#14 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:12 AM

Yes, just like a 20th level Wizard! Get with the program here Moon!

HEHEHE!   :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users