• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sketchkat00

sketchkat00

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:12 AM

What do you think happens in the end to pedophiles, child killers in general people that do harmful things to children.  And do you think same thing happens to Priests that harm children?????

sketch
Life is what happens when you just make plans"

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:16 AM

we are not in a spiritual evolutionary stage to tell this for sure, but the Law of KARMA is for everyone!
Posted Image

#3 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

I think this might be a question for the religious board... but ah well
The same thing happens to them as to us all we die full of guilt and become dust.  Why should a preist be any different to anyother sex offender or harmer of children? Are they any less aware of the damage they're doing, or perhaps they're less to blame because the church did not fully support their normal sexual urges....

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#4 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:24 AM

Well, I've never really heard anyone advance this idea, so it could be pure fantasy on my part (though I've heard Hindus have a similar idea with the idea of reincarnation into a lower form, but that may be a misunderstanding on my part)...but I'd think in an ideal universe (if we have that in some sense, I don't know) that maybe their energy would either get recycled into a non-sentient form like a plant or something, or maybe just dissipate into such (seeing as energy as far as we know always just changes to another form and can't be destroyed). It just makes sense to me because there's no punishment that would be truly satisfactory and yet you don't want them just to get off scot free, either... Of course sometimes maybe the process doesn't happen properly and that could be part of why there are some negative entities...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#5 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:37 AM

I have moved this here because I agree with Mell. This is a better board for this topic.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#6 sketchkat00

sketchkat00

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 11:37 AM

Did not know where to post but I figured that it would be put in the correct spot.  I think I was just curious on everyone's thoughts about this subject.  Do you think at the last minute they can repent and all be good??
Life is what happens when you just make plans"

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 11:44 AM

great question sketchakat.i think some will stay and some will go.i don't think they will always be good but guilt can carry over

#8 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:21 PM

What good is last minute repentance with no chance to find out if you can live a better life?

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#9 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

I think the priests just might have it a little harder than ordinary sinners.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

Yes, I agree with Hawker.  In the case of Priests that are found to be molestors (and they are FEW and FAR BETWEEN), not only are they harming innocent children, but they are breaking a vow of chastity that they made..and violating the spiritual trust that the congregation has in them.  Triple Whammy Sin.  

Either way, while I don't personally believe in the Christian Hell, I do have some theories as to what happens to those that do these kinds of things and other things that I consider to be horrid and evil.  But I won't know until I myself am dead....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:53 PM

ummm...just realized how that last bit of my post sounds....  :0  I mean to say that I won't know how close my theories are until I die and then learn what we cannot understand here.  Not that I do horrid and evil things.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#12 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

pedophiles and the like would, and should, find a very happy home in hell. personally, i think it should be a special level of hell with tortures too numerous and bizarre to fathom. but maybe that's just me.

repentance is possible; true repentance, but last minute, deathbed conversions are probably rarely meant. but that's between them and God, I guess.

#13 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:54 PM

i think it belifs really really mater

#14 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

Christians believe that if you pray to God for forgiveness, you'll go to Heaven, regardless of your deeds. Scary thought to think Hitler is living it up with Ghandi.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:00 PM

Christians believe that if you pray to God for forgiveness, you'll go to Heaven, regardless of your deeds. Scary thought to think Hitler is living it up with Ghandi.

Ana

Christians believe if you truly repent (everyone has their own idea what this entails), then they are cleansed from their sins.

Hawkers,

I personally believe we will be judged according to the light and knowledge we possess when we sin.  With greater knowledge comes greater opportunity (and greater punishment) for sin.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users