34 replies to this topic

#16 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:19 AM

This is probably off topic, but have I been spelling Budda wrong all these years? I've always spelt it with an 'h'.

#17 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

No, I think the person who started the thread misspelled it...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#18 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:40 PM

LOL

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:41 AM

lol buddHa ;D
Posted Image

#20 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:42 AM

That's what I thought. Just checking ;D.

#21 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:05 PM

There in lies the problem with man made religion, the need for power overcomes . They often become cult like. And people aren't encouraged to exlpore.

I enjoy bits and pieces of many faiths ,buddhism is one of them.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#22 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:34 PM

But aren't all religions man-made?  

:)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

yes, but the path they follow are different!
Posted Image

#24 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 06 May 2004 - 01:28 PM

See I was brought up catholic and I could never figure out if we were following the bible how come the rules could change.
Like one year I would spit out meat if I realized it was a friday and the next I could eat it if I wished.Those rules are manmade and change often to keep people in the club.It's been along time since I've read the bible but I really don't think it's supposed to change like that.

#25 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:26 PM

But why not?  :)  Aren't we by our very nature a changing creature?  Don't forget, the books of the Bible were written by men.  Divinely inspired but still written by men.  And just how are we mere mortals to understand exactly what the Divine meant?  It was also men that decided what books went into the Bible and what books were repressed.

I too was raised Catholic.  I have no major issues with the faith I was raised in, even though I am no longer Catholic, nor even Christian.  What we need to understand is that no matter our faith, it is man made.  Divinely inspired, but interperated by men.  And we are subject to error.  We are subject to mistakes.  

I'm not defending, I'm not condeming.  Just like all other humans, I'm trying to understand.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#26 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 02:35 PM

i'm not condeming the catholic faith either.
I'm just saying you have to be carefull of the information you receive.Personally I like to explore spirituallity on my own.
Buddhism is a vehicle to enlightenment. The point of Buddhism is to penetrate the minds conditioning so you can live from the radiance that is at the core of your being.

#27 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:42 PM

Very well said, bardo...and I couldn't agree with you more. I think that also like what vamp said, it's all about understanding, and that because we are human, we were born to err...again, not a bad thing, as I believe that mistakes made once only serve to allow you to learn and grow from those mistakes. And in this increasingly changing and morphing world, it's always a good idea to explore other paths before you settle on one...or if ever, lol. I personally feel that if you DON'T try to learn all you can, you're only cheating yourself from gaining 'true' enlightment.

#28 pbodle

pbodle

Junior Villager

• NMPI
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

THE THINGS I WAS TALKING ABOUT IS THAT I HAVE BEEN STUDING THE BUDDHIST ART OF MAGIK. SO I HAVE BEEN EXPERIMENTING WITH SPELLS AND SUCH NO CONFORMATION IF THEY WORK YET BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN AND IF THEY DO
" PEOPLE SAY THAT AT TIMES I HAVE ZEN CONCENTRATION, BUT MOST OF THE TIME IM MORE LIKE A LITTLE KID WITH ADD"

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:19 PM

Buddhist magick and spells?  That's a new one on me.  I always thought it was based on meditation, study and prayer in order to remove your own negativity and enhance your posititivity and find purity and lasting happiness.  At least, that's what I've read over the years whenever I took a look at Buddhism.  

Ah well, I don't practice it myself, so if you don't practice it, you don't fully know everything about it I guess.

Oh, and just a personal thing?  Could you take the all caps off on your keyboard?  Tends to come across as screaming when you type in all caps like that.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#30 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

right on shellas. That's how I look at life also!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users