• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 XghstXhntrX

XghstXhntrX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:17 PM

I'd like to be part of something i believe in. I do lots of research on many kinds of different beliefs and stuff but i just can't find anything i like... help :-/ i studied wicca for a while like 3 months or so, is it bad? its hard for me to believe in it because i was brought up to believe in god
[glow=red,2,300]XghstXhntrX[/glow][shadow=red,left,300]Do you believe?[/shadow]http://www.freewebs....ndblueserenity/http://fabiantrahan....ndTheGhost.html

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

The only person that can choose your spiritual path is you and you alone.  :)  If Wicca is hard for you to believe in, then don't.  That simple really.  Just respect those that do.

Keep searching, keep studying.  One day it will jump out at you and you will just KNOW.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

COrrection Vamp- respect the RIGHT of those that do practice WIcca.  She doesn't have to respect WIcca. :)

X- have you checked out the Eastern religions?  What about Buddism?  A great many people who can't seem to find themselves in other mainstream religions find comfort in Buddism.  Have you checked it out yet?  Even my aethist sister digs Buddism.  Or at least the principles of it.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 07:44 PM

Buddhism's a good one :)

XghstXhntrX-I agree with both Vampchick and Da Hawkies, respect the idea of the Faith, respect those who paractice
it, but keep in mind that Religion is a manmade thing, the dicates of what to believe/how to worship :-/ Experiment, learn what you can of each and choose based on what seems right for you, its even okay to incorporate beliefs from another culture
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 08:57 PM

I believe you'll find your way when you're meant to.
Don't be a newt!

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:10 PM

before getting into ANY religions, be specific on what YOU need!
Posted Image

#7 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:21 PM

before getting into ANY religions, be specific on what YOU need!

This is SO true!  Nothing should have any bearing on one's religion other than what it means to that person.  How others perceive that religion doesn't matter a bit as long as the person who practices that faith finds what they need there.  

Elle

#8 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:37 AM

X- I'm right there with Whiskers and what he said about religions being manmade.  Remember ALL religions are human made and you'll have to seperate out the grain from the chaff, so to speak, with the various issues. AND watch out for the POLITICS of the faith.  

When you see a faith splintering off it's not only a difference of a particular view point but a political move entrenched in a control issue.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#9 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

Have you considered the advantages of atheism?

I'm joking, sort of, but I'm a little confused by your post; if you don't already have a religion, why do you think you need to find one?
What Would Batman Do?

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:11 PM

Better to have no religion than being a hypocrite in one.  Too many people swing that way.  Take time to pause, consider the beauty that surrounds you, maybe get away to the woods for awhile and just ponder creation and your place in it.  If something seems to appeal to you, try it on for size.  If it doesn't fit try something else, or try nothing at all if that fits you best.  I think that religion is like the facets on a diamond.  The diamond is God and the facets are man's attempts to explain/interact with his Creator.  It's all good.  :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#11 NineBeanRows

NineBeanRows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:49 PM

I agree strongly with Gregory and FlyingOrb's point: keep in mind it's not mandatory that you "pick a religion" to be in...there's nothing wrong at all with following religions and ways of spiritual thought that you feel are correct.  But you also might wind up not buying into any established religion wholeheartedly or at all.  Your own personal, informed, and constructed take on (or denial of) spirituality can be as valid a path to take as any other long-standing ideology.
Your pal, NineBeanRows

#12 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:51 AM

Whatever you do, be true to your faith.

Visit with people of different religions and gleam those gems that feel right.  Your faith will evolve over time and your sense of direction will become more certain.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#13 Gargoyle0134

Gargoyle0134

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

..Just because you have no organized religion, it does NOT mean you are not spiritual, right? This gives you the freedom to do what you think is right and find your own path.
  Good for you!-Gargoyle

#14 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:10 PM

I don't have any religion either.  I'm not really in the market for one though.  I have morals, and ideals and beliefs but they are strictly my own and not from an organized religion.  I have studies many different things and know a little about other religions but have not faithfully ever followed one particular religion.

It's not so bad to not follow any organized religion, but since you are looking for one I agree with what the person said that "one will jump out at you."  You will know when it is the right one.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#15 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:09 PM

I agree that faith is more important that organized religion. Some people value the community that a religion provides, but ... in the end, it's all about your connection to the Divine.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users