• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:08 AM

I agree that faith is more important that organized religion. Some people value the community that a religion provides, but ... in the end, it's all about your connection to the Divine.

Ana

Religion is meant for the connection! well said Ana. If we need to have a community service and other stuff, better join a club - and I say GV provides more to US ALL than the so-called community service. lol.
Posted Image

#17 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:34 PM

XghstXhntrX, you aren't alone.  I too don't claim any religion as mine, or would it be more prudent to say that no religion can lay a claim on me yet.  I like to hear about the different religions, and respect each person's right to practise whichever makes them happy and gives them peace inside.  Each religion has some differences, and each would probably be more than happy to sell you on theirs.  But the bottom line is, what makes you feel peace in your heart?  Go with that, and you can't go wrong.
Posted Image

#18 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:36 PM

i agree with ya justa

#19 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:15 PM

x: i'm going to do something that it appears no one else is going to do. i think you should explore christianity. by that, i don't mean just go to your local church and find all the hypocrites and decide it's not for you. i mean explore the bible. talk to several people about it. include me in that, if you wish.

that's the first thing i was going to do that no one else will: suggest my own religion.

the second thing is to suggest that perhaps the problem in finding a religion is that you're only looking to fulfil your own needs. there's nothing inherently wrong with that. but what makes christianity (-true- christianity) different, is that i, as a Christ-follower, know that it simply isn't about me. it's not about what makes me happy or comfortable or secure. it's about honoring God and living for Him. it's about loving and caring for those with whom we share this earth. quite often, those things can become very uncomfortable indeed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users