Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What do ghosts feel like? Can you literally feel their presence?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

Is there an electrical current sort of feeling?

AmberPosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:28 AM

When I have a visitor present I feel an excited anxious kind of sensation rise up from the small of my back and upward through my upper back and shoulders. At that point I'll focus my attention and begin receiving mental images and sometimes emotional or physical sensations from the spirit.

I have been touched by spirits many times. To me it feels the same as if a bodied person touches me.

One added point, when I'm high stressed or if my blood pressure is reaching above and beyond where I would prefer for it to reside when I touch other people I can feel a physical sensation I refer to as "electric peach fuzz". I also get the same sensation any time I use a computer touch pad.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#3 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

I've only had an electrical feeling a couple times... and that was with nonhuman entities who weren't overly nice. My description of it is kind of sparkly pins and needles (like when you get pins and needles but it's not constant... it's kind of sparkle here and sparkle there like soda bubbles). It's got a sort of hissing, rattling sound along with it (again, like a slowly opened soda bottle kind of).

Everyone feels stuff differently. When I encounter an entity it's like walking into a room with some living stranger in there. I feel it in the pit of my stomach where I feel the moods of others. Sometimes I feel comfortable and welcome and sometimes I feel extremely anxious. The only difference is I can SEE living people and can't, for the most part, see entities (at least not with my eyeballs).

Most of the time when I'm touched, I will feel like someone with EXTREMELY cold hands is touching me (like a normal person with freezing hands). Sometimes an entity will be really unhappy to see me and give me a "nasty" -- kind of like sticking your hand in half-congealed jell-o only it's mostly inside (like your hand has turned to half-congealed jell-o rather than it coating your hand) -- the "nasty" I associate with very angry dead people (as opposed to nonhuman entities). There have been hot entities, there have been entities that feel just like a person with warm hands has touched me, there are some that run across the hairs on my arms and make them stand up... my own range of experience is wide... and you might have some similarities in experience but not everything is going to be the same.

#4 Nomad

Nomad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, studying about different cultures, raising my children, loving my wife.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

I had an experience once as a child with the cold hand thing. I had my covers all balled up in a huge ball. For some reason I couldn't sleep that night. Tossed and turned a whole bunch. When I reached inside my covers to straighten them out and try to go to sleep, I felt a cold hand grab mine. Man, I let out a bellow and my Mom told me to go back to sleep. It was all my imagination, she said. Now I look back and question the answer I got from my Mom. I believe it was paranormal.

#5 Kara

Kara

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

For some reason I rarely feel the cold. I see glimpses and catch smells, but that's about it. Could be because my house is drafty anyway so I don't notice (its a very old house, built in 1890). I had someone brush my cheek the other night, and it wasn't cold.

A friend of mine felt a tap on her shoulder, although she didn't say if it was cold or not, or exactly how it felt. Other than it honestly felt like someone tapped her shoulder and then spoke to her. I knew who it was though (a very close friend of mine that died over 10 years ago), and we were looking at pictures of him (he said "now you see me" because she had never met him when he was alive). He's the one I usually smell and likes to mess with my TV/Stereo, and is never followed by cold. So I don't know if it has to do with the spirit itself or what they mean to you or what.

#6 wolflord

wolflord

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

What a ghost feels like. I would have to say it would depend on how one was looking or aproached by one.

The harmful or more Malicious ones have felt to me like a combination of passing out and fear.

I feel myself sharpining like if you were trying to listen to a distant noise but it's my whole body
or sences.

I feel a adreneline fear on the core of my being.

As I reach out's it's almost like a spotlight search. If the being is hostile and getting ready to move at you and wants you to be aware it's like the hair standing up on your neck and elecrticity and the
impulse to get out fast.

Other non-agressive or sleeping spirits seem like a cold area or just a differing sensation.
a electric or just "off" feeling like something is out of phase and your mind can feel that variation.

I am not sure if thats a clear way to say what I feel, Nor am I sure it's similar to everyone.
Possible the place, spirit, event and person all have a different experiences.

#7 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

I've only had an electrical feeling a couple times... and that was with nonhuman entities who weren't overly nice. My description of it is kind of sparkly pins and needles (like when you get pins and needles but it's not constant... it's kind of sparkle here and sparkle there like soda bubbles). It's got a sort of hissing, rattling sound along with it (again, like a slowly opened soda bottle kind of).

Yeah, I was wondering what that fuzzy electric feeling was. I guess I encountered an evil entity -- very scary.. It was the first time I have really "felt" a spirit. I'm not sure if it was an attack or if it means I'm actually furthering my sixth sense in some way.

#8 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

What a ghost feels like. I would have to say it would depend on how one was looking or aproached by one.

The harmful or more Malicious ones have felt to me like a combination of passing out and fear.

I feel myself sharpining like if you were trying to listen to a distant noise but it's my whole body
or sences.

I feel a adreneline fear on the core of my being.

As I reach out's it's almost like a spotlight search. If the being is hostile and getting ready to move at you and wants you to be aware it's like the hair standing up on your neck and elecrticity and the
impulse to get out fast.

Other non-agressive or sleeping spirits seem like a cold area or just a differing sensation.
a electric or just "off" feeling like something is out of phase and your mind can feel that variation.

I am not sure if thats a clear way to say what I feel, Nor am I sure it's similar to everyone.
Possible the place, spirit, event and person all have a different experiences.

I've had times my hair stood up on the back of my neck - I thought someone was behind me but I didn't want to look back. I'm not sure if it was a spirit or just me thinking someone was there.

#9 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

For some reason I rarely feel the cold. I see glimpses and catch smells, but that's about it. Could be because my house is drafty anyway so I don't notice (its a very old house, built in 1890). I had someone brush my cheek the other night, and it wasn't cold.

A friend of mine felt a tap on her shoulder, although she didn't say if it was cold or not, or exactly how it felt. Other than it honestly felt like someone tapped her shoulder and then spoke to her. I knew who it was though (a very close friend of mine that died over 10 years ago), and we were looking at pictures of him (he said "now you see me" because she had never met him when he was alive). He's the one I usually smell and likes to mess with my TV/Stereo, and is never followed by cold. So I don't know if it has to do with the spirit itself or what they mean to you or what.

Wow, that's pretty amazing. What did he sound like? I heard an entity say something and it sounded like a human but it had an evil twist to it.

#10 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

I had an experience once as a child with the cold hand thing. I had my covers all balled up in a huge ball. For some reason I couldn't sleep that night. Tossed and turned a whole bunch. When I reached inside my covers to straighten them out and try to go to sleep, I felt a cold hand grab mine. Man, I let out a bellow and my Mom told me to go back to sleep. It was all my imagination, she said. Now I look back and question the answer I got from my Mom. I believe it was paranormal.

Lol! Aww, I bet that was scary! I would have froze and covered my ears, face with the pillows and wrap myself up in the blanket and wait for daylight or until I get enough courage to turn on the light.

#11 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

When I have a visitor present I feel an excited anxious kind of sensation rise up from the small of my back and upward through my upper back and shoulders. At that point I'll focus my attention and begin receiving mental images and sometimes emotional or physical sensations from the spirit.

I have been touched by spirits many times. To me it feels the same as if a bodied person touches me.

One added point, when I'm high stressed or if my blood pressure is reaching above and beyond where I would prefer for it to reside when I touch other people I can feel a physical sensation I refer to as "electric peach fuzz". I also get the same sensation any time I use a computer touch pad.

I've had that anxious feeling as well.. It's not like normal anxiety or adrenaline.. It's very different. I normally shun it off but I guess I should somehow get myself to be more open to the encounters.

#12 Nomad

Nomad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, studying about different cultures, raising my children, loving my wife.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Most of the time I have had encounters, I have not been looking for them. I was forced to confront fears and anxieties. So far, all my experiences have been hair-raising, and nothing bad has happened yet. And to be honest, most of my experiences I would not have labeled paranormal until now. Looking back and knowing what I know now, I would label them as such. A different mindset probably and maturity, I guess, play into this.

#13 reapr

reapr

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Wisdom, Knowledge and Truth.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:08 AM

Most of the time I have had encounters, I have not been looking for them. I was forced to confront fears and anxieties. So far, all my experiences have been hair-raising, and nothing bad has happened yet. And to be honest, most of my experiences I would not have labeled paranormal until now. Looking back and knowing what I know now, I would label them as such. A different mindset probably and maturity, I guess, play into this.

From the few encounters I have had in this arena. A brushing sensation like if a kitty brushed along your leg or neck. These are the ones that make me pull back becasue they happen so quick. Then there are the ones who you can just tell they are there ... it is just a presense you feel. Not really a creapy feeling but they want you to know they are present.
People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe. Andy Rooney

#14 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

I get an excited anxious feeling and if one touches me it feels cold. I get mental pictures (like poleroid pictures) of who it is. Sometimes it's like a slow moving old time movie playing in slow motion (what they want me to see). I hear them in my mind most of the time but sometimes it sounds like a hushed conversation with several people (like at a funeral home)
Posted Image

#15 sororluna

sororluna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Seances, Mediumship, Ghosts, Hauntings, Psychic stuff<br /><br />University Lecturer in Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biblical Hebrew<br /><br />Founding Member of Psychics and Ghost Hunters of Western Oregon<br /><br />Reiki Master <br /><br />Light Body Graduate (www.orindaben.com)<br /><br />Have studied Parapsychology in my spare time since 1989<br /><br />Medium-in-Training since 1994 (Mainly mental mediumship however have some knowledge of physical as well).<br /><br />Lived in Durham, England for 2 years (my husband is British) and have seen 60+ mediums live in various Spiritualist Churches in the UK and USA, as well as attending psychic worshops and mediumship classes in both countries.<br /><br />10 or more years of personal, detailed, hands-on experience with EACH of the following faiths: Baptist, Catholic, Pagan/Witchcraft. <br /><br />I do Biblical Hebrew (Old Testament) and Biblical Greek (New Testament), if anybody wants any literal translations of paranormal matters in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. My main area of interest however is Latin, which I speak fluently and teach, and also Ancient Greek, if anybody wants literal translations of any Pagan writings. Also fairly fluent in Italian. Two terms of German as well :).

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

Is there an electrical current sort of feeling?

For me, it's similar to being around a living person.

If it's somebody you love, and they come near you, you get that warm happy feeling just like when you hugged them when they were alive. However if you don't recognize them because their identity isn't clear, you might get a bit anxious.

Then if some sketchy spirit interacts you in a public bathroom or something (and it does happen!) you get freaked out just as if some living weirdo were staring at you.

In all the cases, it's like when you "know" there is somebody behind you, even without turning around. You can sense ghosts like this, just like when it's somebody alive.

Also, for me, when spirits are near, I start seeing lots of purple highlights in my field of vision, as well as purple and silver sparkles throughout the room.

As far as the electricity you mentioned, I agree that if it is a good spirit, the energy of the room seems higher, brighter, and feels like being down in Alabama on a stormy afternoon in the summer, right before lightening strikes. Everything feels "charged."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users