Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What do ghosts feel like? Can you literally feel their presence?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 tomspy77

tomspy77

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

The apartment I recently was living in had some kind of spirit in it, and i mostly felt a sense of cold in certain areas of the hallway, and a presence in one particular room.

#17 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

The house we rented just before buying our current home had the spirit of a man who was extremely depressed and hung himself in the enclosed porch. We didn't know about the suicide until about 2 weeks before moving out. Our neighbors next door didn't want to freak us out. I had experienced the feelings of being watched, as well as the feeling of someone standing directly behind me as I washed dishes or someone sitting beside me on the couch as I watched tv. Also once in a while I would have overwhelming feelings of sadness and start crying for no real reason. All of these things would happen when I was alone in the house, or at least when hubby was not around. I lived there for 5 years.

ali

#18 SRT4Chris401

SRT4Chris401

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Girls, computers, and just strange stuff that can't be explained

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

Mine experience has always kinda been, feeling a presence around me. I work te 9pm to 6am shift at my office, so I'm all alone here. But when I'm staring at my monitor, out of my perifial vision it seems as though I see someone looking over the othr guys cube wall dividing ours. I've managed to catch an orb floating around here.

#19 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

Is there an electrical current sort of feeling?

For me, it's similar to being around a living person.

If it's somebody you love, and they come near you, you get that warm happy feeling just like when you hugged them when they were alive. However if you don't recognize them because their identity isn't clear, you might get a bit anxious.

Then if some sketchy spirit interacts you in a public bathroom or something (and it does happen!) you get freaked out just as if some living weirdo were staring at you.

In all the cases, it's like when you "know" there is somebody behind you, even without turning around. You can sense ghosts like this, just like when it's somebody alive.

Also, for me, when spirits are near, I start seeing lots of purple highlights in my field of vision, as well as purple and silver sparkles throughout the room.

As far as the electricity you mentioned, I agree that if it is a good spirit, the energy of the room seems higher, brighter, and feels like being down in Alabama on a stormy afternoon in the summer, right before lightening strikes. Everything feels "charged."

Thanks. I was asking because one night while I was trying to get some sleep an electrical feeling went all over my body - as if some entity was caressing it. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before.

AmberPosted ImagePosted Image

#20 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Sports, paranormal phenomenon, extraterrestrials, drawing, reading, writing, movies, video games, bodyboarding, surfing the web, snowboarding, horseback riding, animal welfare.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:35 AM

The house we rented just before buying our current home had the spirit of a man who was extremely depressed and hung himself in the enclosed porch. We didn't know about the suicide until about 2 weeks before moving out. Our neighbors next door didn't want to freak us out. I had experienced the feelings of being watched, as well as the feeling of someone standing directly behind me as I washed dishes or someone sitting beside me on the couch as I watched tv. Also once in a while I would have overwhelming feelings of sadness and start crying for no real reason. All of these things would happen when I was alone in the house, or at least when hubby was not around. I lived there for 5 years.

ali

I have had those feelings as well! They make the hair on my neck stand up.. And I CAN FEEL their presence behind me.. But I never look back.. I guess I should be more open to the encounters - they are creepy though!

#21 smoulton53

smoulton53

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

My Sister Bonnie died four years ago on Jan. 16. Her funeral was on Jan. 19. I can't remember if it was the day after her funeral or the next day, but a cousin called me to see how I was doing. I was very upset because of Bonnie's death. After I got off the phone with my cousin, I went into my bedroom to fold clothes. My husband had romoved a closet that was between our room and the next bedroom so you could walk from one room to the other. As I folded the clothes, my back was facing the door to the other bedroom. We had left some boxes in that room that were left over from Christmas. I heard the boxes moving and I knew that the cat was in our sons room with him and my husband was downstairs in the livingroom. I walked into the room, turned on the light and said "Bonnie is that you?" When I said that I felt like someone was giving me a hug and I was ice cold. At the same time I felt joy and I started giggling. I knew it was Bonnie and that she is happy. Bonnie and I were like twins. Even though I am a year and a half older, we were on the same wave length. When she lived in Westbrook, which is in southern Maine, I knew if something was wrong even though she was almost two hundred miles away and I would call her. It was the same with her, she knew if something was wrong with me and she would call me. She has visited me many times in the past four years. She likes to turn on the big screen tv in the livingroom. She was with me a lot when I was selling our parents house because I was under such stress. Other members of our family have visited as well, like our older Sister Linda, our Father and our Grandfather. I can tell who it is by their scent. My Grandfather smells like his pipe tobacco. Dad smells like Old Spice Cologne and Linda smells like a flowery cologne. I have loved having them visit and look forward to having them again.

Is there an electrical current sort of feeling?

For me, it's similar to being around a living person.

If it's somebody you love, and they come near you, you get that warm happy feeling just like when you hugged them when they were alive. However if you don't recognize them because their identity isn't clear, you might get a bit anxious.

Then if some sketchy spirit interacts you in a public bathroom or something (and it does happen!) you get freaked out just as if some living weirdo were staring at you.

In all the cases, it's like when you "know" there is somebody behind you, even without turning around. You can sense ghosts like this, just like when it's somebody alive.

Also, for me, when spirits are near, I start seeing lots of purple highlights in my field of vision, as well as purple and silver sparkles throughout the room.

As far as the electricity you mentioned, I agree that if it is a good spirit, the energy of the room seems higher, brighter, and feels like being down in Alabama on a stormy afternoon in the summer, right before lightening strikes. Everything feels "charged."

Thanks. I was asking because one night while I was trying to get some sleep an electrical feeling went all over my body - as if some entity was caressing it. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before.

#22 qtswede

qtswede

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

I've had the electric thing too - and I've found that in almost all of the places I've lived, it's been near some significant native american site. I'm at my childhood home now, and there's an orchard nearby that I just can't stand to be anywhere near at night. It feels like the sky is pushing down on you - open air, not under the trees, mind you. I found out very recently that there is a burial ground near there, and our farm is where they often hunted.... fun fun.

#23 Country_Gal

Country_Gal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

I've had the electric thing too - and I've found that in almost all of the places I've lived, it's been near some significant native american site. I'm at my childhood home now, and there's an orchard nearby that I just can't stand to be anywhere near at night. It feels like the sky is pushing down on you - open air, not under the trees, mind you. I found out very recently that there is a burial ground near there, and our farm is where they often hunted.... fun fun.

That's pretty interesting as I have done a seance where there were a lot of Indian burial sites, etc. in Utah.. I did a blood drawing seance with a few other girls.. I have wondered if what I've recently experienced was a spirit from the seance I did.

#24 angrycelt

angrycelt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Besides the paranormal, my interests are reading, working out, video gaming (PC...not that console nonsense), and professional interest in my job.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

I get the creeping tingles up my back and neck, and it sort of pulsates.
"There are two things that cannot be cured: death and the want of sense."old Irish proverb.

#25 sweetmamadot777

sweetmamadot777

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality , Ghost history , Angels , My Family and my two wee doggies xx

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

That's pretty interesting as I have done a seance where there were a lot of Indian burial sites, etc. in Utah.. I did a blood drawing seance with a few other girls.. I have wondered if what I've recently experienced was a spirit from the seance I did.

I know this is getting off track a bit, but what is a blood drawing seance?....I ask because I had a psychic reading done recently, and just before it finished we spotted one single droplet of blood (fresh,red) on the floor between us....the medium and I, we did all the logical investigating but could come up with nothing....it was simply unexplainable ! any thoughts on this?
Life isn't about waiting for the sun.It's about learning to dance in the rain

#26 J-Me

J-Me

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

I once had my arm gently squeezed while I sat on the sofa at the bottom of the stairs one summers evening back in 2000. I was watching TV and felt this tingling cold (not like any type of coldness I've ever felt before) descend behind me and stop next to me before suddenly a very concentrated cold patch the size of a hand slowly gripped my right arm just below the elbow. This feeling held for about 10 seconds then released and the coldness continued across the living room.
I have to add here I didn't know about the ghost at my parents even though I'd had a lot of odd experiences recently around this time.

The other rather scary experience I had was the following summer one afternoon in my bedroom home alone. I was on my computer when suddenly what I can only describe as a huge wall of energy came slowly from the door towards me. There was, through my PC speakers what sounded like a few heavy breaths on a microphone (wasn't plugged in) and as the energy hit me I became paralized temporarily and felt like someone was bending me backwards. I tried to cry out in the midst of it but couldn't make a noise. All I remember was a buzzing static type noise all around me and an electric feeling throughout my body. This happened for I'd say no more than 30 seconds before moving off towards the bedroom window. Rather like sleep paralysis, without the sleep part.
The bit that really bugs me is the same thing happened in reverse (heading from window towards door) a few hours later having exactly the same effect on me. This time I had an mp3 playing and it started jumping like crazy and cutting out while this energy was there. I had played this mp3 many times before and since without any issues whatsoever. As far as I'm aware they weren't seizures and I've never had such a thing before or since thank the angels.

Sorry its a bit long but I just had to vent that horrible experience again as I think it fits quite nicely into this question!

Jamie

#27 WPHunt

WPHunt

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

I feel the presence of ghosts in various ways. I would guess that it depends on how they are able to reach out to me. Sometimes it is a feeling of being watched, sometimes I actually feel emotions (sadness, terror, joy, etc...) and other times it could be a physical touch such as an electrical sensation (tingling spine) or oppressive feeling.

Any type of contact you get makes you a lucky person to have been noticed by someone who has passed!

Happy hunting,
Warren.

#28 GhostVisionChick

GhostVisionChick

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

When they are around me the hairs on my neck and arms stand up and I get goosebumps.You get a cold sensation usually when it is bad but if they are good then it is a warm sensation that you feel.I describe it almost like a blanket wrapping around you.Most ghosts aren't here to hurt us,they just want their space.It all depends really.Now if you start hearing voices telling you to leave or get out,just run.They usually aren't there to be nice to you.A little piece of advice that I know from experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users