Photo

Reading Material

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 apex

apex

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy my kids, when they're good (hehe), fishing, football, baseball, and classic Ferraris. I'm new to the Paranormal field, but I've aquired a HUGE appetite for knowledge about it.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

I'm interested in finding some good material more focused on the technical aspects and theories about paranormal studies. Not looking for more of the "Ghost story" books that are all over the place, I want something a little more substantial than that. If you have some good suggestions, let me know. And I'm looking at a broad spectrum here. EMF, EVP or Video work, practical based theories, ESP, etc. Just point in the direction, and I'll start sniffing that way. :) THANKS!!!

#2 ronin203

ronin203

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

You should pick up a copy of " the ghost files" which was put out by ghost village. I'm reading it now and am learning a lot about investigations and the different types of hauntings. You should also get a copy of the encyclopedie of ghosts and spirits. It covers just about everything. :headbang:

#3 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:My Favorites:<br />MUSIC, songwriting and Neurological Music Therapy Research.... oh, and flowers... lots of them.....<br /><br />My Experience:<br />Musical Composition, Orchestration, Arranging, <br />Performance....... <br />Music Video Production, Filming, Editing, Pod Casting.....<br />Photography, Cinematography, PhotoJournalism.... <br />Producer, Writer, Film Editor........<br /> <br />Paranormally:<br />Researcher of Inaudible Cacophonic Phonology, <br />I use digital and 8mm film, Nikon D60 Digital SLR Photography and digital audio....<br />St. Michael and the Angels, demonology and possession......<br /><br />I'm on a mission from God....<br /><br />4:44

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

Have you visited the "Blog" section of Ghost Village? .... There you will find a blog by David Rountree.... he has an extensive list of articles that will feed your apetite..... ENJOY!!!!.... :greenbounce:
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#4 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

I ordered The Ghost Files and Our Haunted Lives yesterday. I can't wait to get them and start reading!
Posted Image

#5 apex

apex

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy my kids, when they're good (hehe), fishing, football, baseball, and classic Ferraris. I'm new to the Paranormal field, but I've aquired a HUGE appetite for knowledge about it.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

I ordered The Ghost Files and Our Haunted Lives yesterday. I can't wait to get them and start reading!

I've already read Ghost Files. Pretty good book. Our Haunted Lives is next on my list from Jeff. I'll check the blog section though, I hadn't thought about that. Actually, I'd totally forgotten about this post since it had been so long without activity. :hug:

#6 cedric

cedric

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

You might want to look at "A Case For Ghosts" by J. Danalek. He does a very good job of presenting the various theories and techniques without letting his personal views get in the way. For the veteran investigator it's of limited use, but it's an invaluable source for someone just starting out.

#7 hubbards98

hubbards98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

I just got finished reading "Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" (10th edition) by Troy Taylor

This is a superb book especially if you are just starting out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users