Crossroads

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 UnwillingImmortal

UnwillingImmortal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:I just want to learn. That and keeping from tearing myself apart or going mad

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

That odd, the way I head the tale is dark entity (classic hooded an cloaked) would be waiting at the crossroad or fork in he road and would grant your heart's desire. But it work the same way as a genie's wish or a monkey's paw. The wish would come true, but usually in a horrific and twisted way. Classic becarful what you wish for/ nothing come easy tale
By Blood and Soul we are bound.

#32 Chrltt

Chrltt

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:48 AM

There is an episode of Supernatural based on this legend, It also included flashbacks of Robert Johnson. It was really good, one of my favourite episodes.

#33 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

Ive got to try this one day :wave:. Sounds like fun, I believe in neither god or the devil but it would be sure fun to find out.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

Ive got to try this one day :wave:. Sounds like fun, I believe in neither god or the devil but it would be sure fun to find out.

More power to you Leonie if did try it...I'd be too creeped out!

#35 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:26 PM

The only thing I'd likely find at a crossroads at midnight in my neighborhood is a crack dealer and some prostitutes.

Well, and would that not be a fine allegory of the Devil?
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#36 fearlessgoddess2

fearlessgoddess2

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:42 PM

There is an episode of Supernatural based on this legend, It also included flashbacks of Robert Johnson. It was really good, one of my favourite episodes.

I love Supernatural (I run a site about it, www.evilrestuneasy.com) and yea, there was an episode called Crossroad Blues based loosely on the Robert Johnson legend. I watched the extras on the season 2 DVD and they talked about the legend. Basically there's the whole story that it happened to Tommy Johnson, not Robert, but it sort of doesn't matter. Like Kripke (producer/director) said, it's still a really cool story. The story goes that he went to the crossroads and met a black man (dark, not black as in skin color) who tuned his guitar and said that after that he could play anything he wanted to play. I think it's really a cool legend because so much of it is based on history, like Robert Johnson really existed and really became this awesome guitarist. It's cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users