Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

If a child that has been unbaptize think would bad in the long run supernatural older.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

Hello everyone,

I've just have one question too ask that is if a child is unbaptize would their be serious prolbems?

#2 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Depends on your belief system. Many churches baptize babies and small children. Other churches feel that true baptism is performed when you receive Christ, usually as an adult. Then there are many that have other beliefs about when a baptism should occur. I think it just depends on which church you wish to follow.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#3 Blake

Blake

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:54 PM

Depends on your belief system. Many churches baptize babies and small children. Other churches feel that true baptism is performed when you receive Christ, usually as an adult. Then there are many that have other beliefs about when a baptism should occur. I think it just depends on which church you wish to follow.

I've just wanted to say your right depend on belief system.

#4 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

I have a suspicion that your own personal beliefs are the power behind the consequences. Within reason of course.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

When is someone old enough to be baptized?

Catholics read the Bible and conclude that one cannot enter heaven without receiving baptism; unbaptized children go to Purgatory. That is why they baptize infants.

Other denominations view baptism as an outward sign of accepting Jesus, so they wait until the individual is "old enough" to make such a decision (age requirements vary among denominations and sects). Some of the denominations view baptism as a prerequisite of being saved, while others declare it's possible to be saved without baptism.

Many sects which do older baptisms will still christen their infants - present them to the Lord and pronounce a blessing of protection.

I personally believe in a loving God and merciful Savior. So many people look at ways we are condemned, but I think God looks for ways to bless.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:My Favorites:<br />MUSIC, songwriting and Neurological Music Therapy Research.... oh, and flowers... lots of them.....<br /><br />My Experience:<br />Musical Composition, Orchestration, Arranging, <br />Performance....... <br />Music Video Production, Filming, Editing, Pod Casting.....<br />Photography, Cinematography, PhotoJournalism.... <br />Producer, Writer, Film Editor........<br /> <br />Paranormally:<br />Researcher of Inaudible Cacophonic Phonology, <br />I use digital and 8mm film, Nikon D60 Digital SLR Photography and digital audio....<br />St. Michael and the Angels, demonology and possession......<br /><br />I'm on a mission from God....<br /><br />4:44

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

When is someone old enough to be baptized?

Catholics read the Bible and conclude that one cannot enter heaven without receiving baptism; unbaptized children go to Purgatory. That is why they baptize infants.

Oh Aloha, you know I think the world of you..... but, I must clarify something for you..........

I am Roman Catholic and the reason we baptize our children so close to their birth is to wash them of the original sin that is inherited by the disobedience of Adam and Eve....... it is a cleansing of the soul that completes the gift of love that brought them into the world....... Our children, now filled by the light of the Holy Spirit, are given the gifts of faith, hope and love for their guidance through this world........

This is from doctrine and dogma, which has been past down since Christ walked the earth.... not from merely reading a book.....

Our children are not Baptized out of fear........... but out of pure love.....

peace...
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

I agree with Peepers on this. Also Catholic.
Can't think where the scripture is that talks about "whole households" being baptised after they accepted Jesus' message from the apostles. Parents, children, babies, servants.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#8 Blake

Blake

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:55 AM

When is someone old enough to be baptized?Catholics read the Bible and conclude that one cannot enter heaven without receiving baptism; unbaptized children go to Purgatory.  That is why they baptize infants.

Oh Aloha, you know I think the world of you..... but, I must clarify something for you.......... I am Roman Catholic and the reason we baptize our children so close to their birth is to wash them of the original sin that is inherited by the disobedience of Adam and Eve....... it is a cleansing of the soul that completes the gift of love that brought them into the world....... Our children, now filled by the light of the Holy Spirit, are given the gifts of faith, hope and love for their guidance through this world........This is from doctrine and dogma, which has been past down since Christ walked the earth.... not from merely reading a book.....Our children are not Baptized out of fear........... but out of pure love.....peace...

This is coming from a uncle heart worrie that if my niece is not baptize bad things would happen. The reason why neice is one years old my sister is practice Catholic an husban Rastafarianism faith they don't believe christ. A friend of my told me that baptizing a child in christ name an holy spirit would get the protect around the child. it's none of my business come to that.

Edited by Blake, 13 January 2008 - 06:56 AM.

#9 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:56 AM

The Bible does not say you have to be baptized. It tells how Jesus was baptized but nowhere does it say the baptizim has anything to do with your salvation. It does not wash away sins. Jesus died on the cross for them.
It is an outward expresstion of faith. I'm not saying that it is not a good thing to do.

As a Christian I want to be Christ like and Christ was baptized. It shows that I'v accepted Christ.
I can only speak for how I beleive and I believe in the Bilbe and that is where my truths are found. If it is in the Bible, that word is all I need.
I hope this helps.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#10 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:My Favorites:<br />MUSIC, songwriting and Neurological Music Therapy Research.... oh, and flowers... lots of them.....<br /><br />My Experience:<br />Musical Composition, Orchestration, Arranging, <br />Performance....... <br />Music Video Production, Filming, Editing, Pod Casting.....<br />Photography, Cinematography, PhotoJournalism.... <br />Producer, Writer, Film Editor........<br /> <br />Paranormally:<br />Researcher of Inaudible Cacophonic Phonology, <br />I use digital and 8mm film, Nikon D60 Digital SLR Photography and digital audio....<br />St. Michael and the Angels, demonology and possession......<br /><br />I'm on a mission from God....<br /><br />4:44

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

When is someone old enough to be baptized?Catholics read the Bible and conclude that one cannot enter heaven without receiving baptism; unbaptized children go to Purgatory.  That is why they baptize infants.

Oh Aloha, you know I think the world of you..... but, I must clarify something for you.......... I am Roman Catholic and the reason we baptize our children so close to their birth is to wash them of the original sin that is inherited by the disobedience of Adam and Eve....... it is a cleansing of the soul that completes the gift of love that brought them into the world....... Our children, now filled by the light of the Holy Spirit, are given the gifts of faith, hope and love for their guidance through this world........This is from doctrine and dogma, which has been past down since Christ walked the earth.... not from merely reading a book.....Our children are not Baptized out of fear........... but out of pure love.....peace...

This is coming from a uncle heart worrie that if my niece is not baptize bad things would happen. The reason why neice is one years old my sister is practice Catholic an husban Rastafarianism faith they don't believe christ. A friend of my told me that baptizing a child in christ name an holy spirit would get the protect around the child. it's none of my business come to that.

Worried Uncle, you can baptize your neice by using plain water and making the sign of the cross with your right thumb on the child's forehead saying, " I Baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." It's that simple. ;~}
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#11 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

I love that peepers! There's been many Grammas that have baptised their granchilden over the kitchen sink, when they saw that the parents didn't give it a thought. I'm one of them. I actually let the water slide down their forehead 3 times. once for the Father, once for the Son, and once for the Holy Spirit. Anyone can baptise. God gives the blessing.
So no need to worry...just do what needs to be done.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#12 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

I love that peepers! There's been many Grammas that have baptised their granchilden over the kitchen sink, when they saw that the parents didn't give it a thought. I'm one of them. I actually let the water slide down their forehead 3 times. once for the Father, once for the Son, and once for the Holy Spirit. Anyone can baptise. God gives the blessing.
So no need to worry...just do what needs to be done.

.... and I'm an Aunt who has baptized my unbaptized neices and nephew when they were infants...... and my non-denominational nephew, who would normally receive Batism as a young teen, requested to be baptized, and was, at the age of 5......

Edited by peepers, 14 January 2008 - 08:06 AM.

#13 jomarie

jomarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I love so many things, Life, birthdays, Christmas, Reading, holistic medicines and healing, respectful people, Egyptian pyramids, cold rainy days that you can only snuggle and read, dreaming of travelling when my kids grow up and i get my life back lol.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

ok i hope i dont start an arguement and it isnt what i intend, being as i am baptized as are my children, but i have to say that if anyone other than myself made that descision to do that to my children i dont think i would ever speak to them again. It may sound harsh and even hipercritical, but at the end of the day they are my children and therefore my desiscion how i wish to raise them. I would think very carefully before taking any actions that may cause irraversable damage. Whethre you think it is the right thing or not is totally irrelevant when it comes to making desicions like that without the parents consent or approval.
Maybe its just because of things my inlaws have done to me over the years, but it is just the way i feel, sorry if i have upset anyone.

#14 sororluna

sororluna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Seances, Mediumship, Ghosts, Hauntings, Psychic stuff<br /><br />University Lecturer in Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biblical Hebrew<br /><br />Founding Member of Psychics and Ghost Hunters of Western Oregon<br /><br />Reiki Master <br /><br />Light Body Graduate (www.orindaben.com)<br /><br />Have studied Parapsychology in my spare time since 1989<br /><br />Medium-in-Training since 1994 (Mainly mental mediumship however have some knowledge of physical as well).<br /><br />Lived in Durham, England for 2 years (my husband is British) and have seen 60+ mediums live in various Spiritualist Churches in the UK and USA, as well as attending psychic worshops and mediumship classes in both countries.<br /><br />10 or more years of personal, detailed, hands-on experience with EACH of the following faiths: Baptist, Catholic, Pagan/Witchcraft. <br /><br />I do Biblical Hebrew (Old Testament) and Biblical Greek (New Testament), if anybody wants any literal translations of paranormal matters in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. My main area of interest however is Latin, which I speak fluently and teach, and also Ancient Greek, if anybody wants literal translations of any Pagan writings. Also fairly fluent in Italian. Two terms of German as well :).

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

ok i hope i dont start an arguement and it isnt what i intend, being as i am baptized as are my children, but i have to say that if anyone other than myself made that descision to do that to my children i dont think i would ever speak to them again. It may sound harsh and even hipercritical, but at the end of the day they are my children and therefore my desiscion how i wish to raise them. I would think very carefully before taking any actions that may cause irraversable damage. Whethre you think it is the right thing or not is totally irrelevant when it comes to making desicions like that without the parents consent or approval.
Maybe its just because of things my inlaws have done to me over the years, but it is just the way i feel, sorry if i have upset anyone.

The following comment does NOT intend to represent ALL Baptists! Just the ones I came into contact with during my youth at school, church, Bible School, and "singings."

I was raised BAPTIST and in my local area (North Alabama) we were told you'd go to hell without being baptized (so it not just the Catholics that think it necessary for an immediate entry to Heaven). However you're ok as long as you have COCA COLA nearby.

I remember being instructed that technically, if somebody is dying near you, particularly a child, that even if there is no water around, that COCA COLA has a high enough WATER CONTENT that anybody nearby (it didn't have to be a minister or anything) could save that person's soul by baptizing them with Coke.

LOL! I heard that my whole life. There were other liquids we could use too - however not wine or beer!

We were all instructed to do this if the issue ever arose!

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

First, I'd like to apologize for my misunderstanding of Catholic dogma. I was just parroting what I'd heard elsewhere. Thanks for clarifying things.

I'm glad joomarie spoke up, because the suggestion of baptizing an infant behind its parents' backs seems shady. We all have our own religious beliefs, and in this life we cannot empirically define one as better. It is highly disrespectful to impose your religion on an infant against that infant's parents. My own sect requires written consent from the parents before baptizing anyone under 18 years old.

Soroluna,

One of the defining dogmas of the Baptist Church (at least as told to me by my bishop - a former Baptist) is that baptism should be by immersion. I don't think anyone carries around enough soda to properly immerse the person for the baptism.

Back on topic....

My sect teaches that if anyone dies before reaching the age of accountability, they are automatically granted exaltation. This age is generally believed to be 8 years old, but may vary due to individual circumstances. As an example, people with Downs Syndrome generally aren't baptized

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users