• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:08 PM

I, also, had a friend who wasn't initially very supportive of my beliefs. For three years she worked to convert me to Christianity. What's so ironic is that it was SHE who ended up converting, when she realized my faith was just as steadfast as hers... more so actually, since I wasn't the one who broke down and converted (she ended up being Born Again several years later, by the way). If people wont accept it, don't try to push your religion into the open. Be who you are, but don't necessarily be overtly obvious about it, if you get what I'm saying. Wearing a pentacle is one thing, but introducing yourself by saying "Hi, I practice witchcraft" is another. lol. I know you probably don't do this, it's just a word of warning to make your life a little easier.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#17 earthstorm2525

earthstorm2525

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

I didnt actualy mean to put it out in the open. At least not initially. People just found out. People asked me if I was and I didn't deny it.

#18 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

Good for you. Nor should you EVER deny it, in my opinion. Just remain true to who you are.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#19 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:25 AM

Spot on, ana! Yeah, grey, I totally and EMPHATICALLY believe that you should never EVER hide who you truly are. And yeah, I'd be cautious about the whole 'age' thing too...but if the milk's already been spilt, lol, then just be proud of who and what you are. As for me, my respect for you is very very high...you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, and I applaude you for standing up for yourself even in the face of loved ones. As it was said in Harry Potter, lol, "It takes courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more so stand up to your friends." ;D I was lucky in the fact that my family (or rather my FATHER) was and has always been very supportive of my beliefs and desire to follow this path. I just had to prove to him that I knew what I was doing, and I think that if you can be SURE that if this is what you want, then I see no reason why you won't be able to 'prove' it to others simply by just being yourself.

But just know that here in GV, we've got your back, hun, and always know that there ARE loads of people JUST like you...and like you, they are brave and will weather through it just fine. :)

Good Luck and BB

#20 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:10 AM

So sad. You're quoting Harry Potter.
Don't be a newt!

#21 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:42 PM

Yeah?? And you're point...is?? ;D

#22 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:16 AM

*applauds shellas* my favorite quote from harry potter.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#23 earthstorm2525

earthstorm2525

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

This is kind of off the subject but this summer I'm being forced to go to Christian retreats that last a week and there are two of them and Im Pegan. What should I do?

And another thing anyone got any ideas on how to get supplies(spell book things for spells ex.) Without my mom finding out.

#24 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:56 PM

Go to the retreats and suck it up :)  The Gods know I attended any number of Catholic AND Anglican Masses before I came out religiously.  Be polite and listen.  Trust me that it's not the place to make waves :)

What area do you live in?  I may be able to locate a Pagan/Wiccan shop in one of the major city centres....otherwise, you'd be surprised what you can find at dollar stores :)  Heck, even Wal-Mart carries candles, incense and Aromatherapy oils that will do just fine.  Doesn't have to come from a set Pagan/Wiccan shop.  Tell you're folks that you're growing an herb garden and plant them in the garden if you prefer fresh herbs, or purchase them at the local grocery store...most now carry fresh herbs for cooking in the produce section...they'll do just fine.  Dried herbs will do in a pinch, and frankly, burn better if that's what you need to do.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#25 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:58 PM

oh yes...simple basic spells can be found on various online Shadow Books, but as Ecto said in another post elsewhere...don't use them word for word...use the 'bare bones' and adjust what you need too.  A good spot is http://www.ladyofthe...sting-page.html

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#26 earthstorm2525

earthstorm2525

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:00 PM

Thanks!

#27 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:03 PM

no prob :)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#28 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:12 PM

you don't know how right you are vampchick on the finiding supplies all over...i got my entire stock of incense from the road ranger! lol

on the whole friends trying to convert you thing, things are getting kind of sticky for me at school. one of my best friends and my friends who've gone wiccan with me have been fighting likes cats. she told us that what we were doing was wrong and that we're going to hell blah blah blah and all that and dev ended up telling her that she wasn't going to take the BAD_WORD anymore and dana agreed with her. those two and molly haven't spoken since. i told her that i still wanted to be friends and that i didn't want my religion choice to ruin our friendship. but dev and dana say that i'm sort of betraying them in still being friends with molly and its starting to get hard. why can't i be friends with molly and still stay wiccan with dana and dev? why does everyone have to be so catty about it?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:23 PM

Oh hon... :)  I went through that kind of crap myself at your age, and religion wasn't at the core of it either.  (I seem to have been very lucky in that I've never lived in the Canadian equivalent of the Bible Belt...lol).  

Just tell them that you aren't interested in being the one in the middle.  You can be friends with all three, and if they don't like it, then it's time for them to do some soul searching and grow up a little.  After all, you can't please all people all of the time, heck, you can't even please some people some of the time!  

Molly needs to respect your religious choices and the religious choices of the other two.  And Dana and Dev need to respect your right to be friends with whomever you wish too.  They especially need to understand that your friendship with Molly isn't going to undermine what you are trying to build spiritually with them.  Nor are you betraying anyone by these friendships.  Remind them all that true friendship has no conditions.  

Oh, and you'll likely never convince Molly that you aren't going to hell, so if she brings it up, ask her for marshmallows.  :)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#30 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 05:34 PM

I take it Dev is what I used to call a 'case'?  :)  You know...a tad dominering...a tad "my way or the highway"?

Just use the same reasoning I gave you, which I'm certain was already in your head.  It may take some time, but stick to your guns.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users