1 reply to this topic

#1 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:17 AM

i found this from a friend who wrote it to me years ago. great writter he was into vampires heavily. i just don't get what the lil pharse means can you help me out?

A VAMPIRES BITE IS LESS HARMFUL WHEN THE BITE IS FIRST INTRODUCED, THEN LATER YOUR REALIZATION FADENS AS IT TAKES YOUR LIFE INTO THE SHADOWS OF THE NON LIVING NOR DEAD STATE OF TIME!

i know nothing on vampires.. :-[
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#2 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

I think it might mean that when a vampire first bites a person the effect isn't as great, but it is the subsequent bites that have greater effect.  This would tie in with the belief that you must be bitten three times before you are made into a vampire.  It could also mean that it isn't the initial teeth breaking the skin that is the problem, but the psychic draining that some like to associate with this sort of vampirism... it would kinda depend on the context.
Either way, if we chose to translate this as many do into an expression of human relationships (vampirism is often thought to be an expression of sexuality) then it would mean that the further in you get, the more dangerous things become.  And that the more history you have with a person the more passionate your relationship, and the more intimate it can become.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users