Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Is This The Face Of The Crucified Christ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, poetry and writing

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:14 AM

We live in a haunted North Wales farmhouse where the most extraordinary things happen fortunately none of it is frightening. Among the wide range of phenomena that we experience images in the form of words and pictures appear on our walls. Just before Easter week this image, which appears to be the face of the Crucified Christ appeared on the wall of our fireplace. Within days two words were added in Latin to the picture, IUDAEUS meaning Jew and CHRISTUS meaning Christ!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#2 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:30 AM

are the words on this picture? I can see what you're seeing as the face of christ, but no words...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#3 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 06:02 AM

Here is a photo with the two words.
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:12 AM

Hey Tangnefeed...that is a great pic and now I can see the words on it since you've blown it up, have you had anyone to investigate your farmhouse? Whats the history behind  your residence, i'm sure its a fascinating one
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#5 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:45 AM

The words weren't there on the first picture, they materialised a few days apart!

We have had a scientific investigation of our home, which was inconclusive as these things often are. The house dates back to 1610 but most of the house post dates that having been substantially rebuilt.

There does not appear to have been any spooky happenings before we took up residence in 1997.

If anyone is interested in reading about our home log on to our local town's website. www.moldweb.co.uk click on 'About Mold', then click on the photo of the image of a monk. The story needs updating again as it is on going.

We are happy to give folk a 'ghost tour' there is usually plenty to see, and sometimes to experience. But beware the spooks have a habit of interfering with electrical gadgets and cameras if they are in the spotlight, LOL!!! The other day a TV film crew came to do a piece for a Welsh speaking show. They brought their satellite truck so they could do a live broadcast. However, the spooks weren't playing ball and the crew could not establish a connection. Nothing like that had happened before to them, they were quite upset, but then they had never encountered our house guests before either, LOL!!! They had to use a recording on the show the next day.

The strange sequel to the story, was that the person who contacted me in order to arrange the shooting had never been heard of by the TV company, yet I had the distinct impression that she was part of their organisation, WEIRD!!!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:31 AM

woww
Posted Image

#7 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

WOW WOW WOW how amazing is that ;)
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#8 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:27 AM

i'm not making any comments on your sincerity, Tagneffed. but it's just -way- too easy to fake the effect. nobody outside of those who know you well would fully believe it.

again, i'm just being practical. i don't know you and wouldn't dream of questioning your ethics.

#9 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:57 AM

I don't blame you for questioning it randy, it is all very strange, I know. We suspected a hoax for quite a while, but stuff comes and goes as we are watching, and other folk like a TV crew have witnessed this too. We really don't know what to make of it all. Put it together with all the rest of the stuff we experience and it is very strange indeed, but you can get used to anything, LOL!!!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#10 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:14 PM

So let me get this straight, you are saying that you can actually see the form changing at times?
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:36 PM

Very interesting.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:40 PM

there has been other reported occurances onthe same line. Where faces do appear on walls or floor and disappear/appear at times. I guess there has been a much talked about event, where the family was a tormented by a spirit and faces appearing on the floors. Can't remember details though.

well, check this out......

GHOSTLY FACES ON THE FLOOR
One hot day in August, 1971, at Belmez in southern Spain an old Spanish woman Ethel Bronderick was working in her kitchen when her grand-dughter suddenly screamed. When Ethel turned around to see what the trouble was, she froze in horror. Staring at her from the pink floor tiles, was a FACE.She tried rubbing out the face with a piece of cloth but this only resulted in the face opening its eyes wider, as if in great pain and sorrow.

The landlord of the house was called to examine the floor. He ripped up the floor tiles and put down a new concrete floor. This seemed to solve the problem, but when , three weeks later, another face appeared on the new floor, the local authorities were alerted, and it was decided to dig up the entire kitchen.

Workmen had not been digging for long, when they discovered the source of the phantom face-- the kitchen floor had been covering the remains of a medieval monastery. It semms that the discovery of the ancient burial ground released even more spirits. Ghostly faces began all over the floor, even after more new tiles had been laid, and when the kitchen was eventually locked and sealed, the faces began appearing in other parts of the house.

A team of ghost- hunters installed sound equipment which picked up the unearthly moaning and groaning, but , before a proper investigation could be undertaken, the sounds and the faces stopped, just as suddenly and mysteriously as they had started.

http://mywebpages.co.../substory16.htm

http://www.cleveleys...rmal/belmez.htm
Posted Image

#13 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:06 PM

Call me a cynic, but it looks like a child's chalk drawing, or water stains. I'm much too logical to believe it's the face of Jesus.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#14 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

My husband is more sceptical than James Randi, but cannot work out how the wide range of phenomena happens our house. You name it we seem to have it. Apparitions, voices, writing and pictures on the walls, things that go bump day and night, the transportation of very heavy objects and much, much more. On a slow TV night we watch the changing aspect of the fireplace, it is much more interesting as images come and go on it! Living in our home is never dull as the phenomena has been on going for seven years!!!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#15 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:52 PM

and yet this only happened after you moved in 7 years ago?
It seems so strange with so many physical manifestations that no one else has noticed it before...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users