Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Is This The Face Of The Crucified Christ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:42 PM

Girlfriend, if I were you I would be contacting the skeptic Randi now and claiming my money! ;)  I am not intentionally mistrusting your word and I really hope it's as you say it is.  The paranormal world needs a consistent place like yours.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#17 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:58 PM

I don't know.. I mean no disrespect, I don't know you, but my thoughts match Randystreu's on this one. I've read accounts similar to this before, with writing appearing on the wall at Borley Rectory in England, and I had a hard time accepting it then, too.

The face looks like it was drawn using the ashes from the fireplace. That was my first instinct. Of course that doesn't mean a ghost isn't doing it. I don't know what to think.. like Randy said, if you aren't there you don't receive the effect and can't come to the same conclusions as easily.

Is there any kind of scientific examination which can be done on the stone to see if there is something explainable going on? Or at least the chemical composition of the stain and how old it is?

I got this from the description of your house on the link you provided....

"In October 1999 we started to receive e-mails from people who said they had received strange e-mails from us. To begin with, words such as ‘mynach’ and ‘tangnefedd’ were sent from our computer, sometimes in the night when the machine was not even switched on."

I've never heard of a manifestation doing that type of thing... using e-mail that is. That's just too different from the other reports of manifestations I've heard of for me to think that it's being caused by something ghostly. Its far easier for me to believe that someone used your account without your knowledge and sent those messages, or that there was some kind of virus on your computer picking words from text files and other E-mails and sending them.

Like I said, no disrespect intended... I'm just not there and can't see the happenings in quite the same way.

#18 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, poetry and writing

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:04 PM

Fortunately, unlike Borley Rectory, the manifestations in our home are friendly. I quite agree that my explanation of events in our home is quite fantastical, it is only when one has actually experienced them that one can have any idea what is happening here.
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#19 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:42 AM

I stand with Paul and Randy.  I  by no means discredit your accounts, yet I cannot also in good faith, make much of a comment.  I do though, wish you all the luck and peace in continuing to deal with these things on a regular basis.  May they not be draining, but uplifting in some way.  

Has there been any talk of trying to find some answers through the ghost themselves?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#20 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:51 AM

Yes, not that we were two keen on that. Me because I didn't want to stir anything up, and my husband because he doesn't believe in them even though he can't explain what is going on! Several years ago an envelope sealed with sealing wax was place under a boxed game on top of my son's wardrobe. It was in this room he claimed to see the apparition of our ghostly monk all the time. Six weeks later the envelope was retrieved. We discovered that the sealing wax had melted and glued itself to the box. Yet the wax on the otherside of the envelope was untouched. When we saw the questions that had been asked by an independent person we understood why the monk was not very happy, they were stupid and an insult to intelligence. There was one word written on them DIM, Welsh for no!!!

Several years later a scientific researcher asked if he could put an envelope with a question for our ghostly girl, Jane. this was put under a china cabinet in our lounge underneath a photo that was already underneath there as we had nowhere to put it at the time. When retrieved, the envelope had melted to the photo frame and there was evidence that a small fire had taken place under the cabinet as the frame was blackened and charred. I have stipulated that our spooks are NOT to be asked questions again, LOL!!!!!

Five years ago a TV researcher, who later turned out to be a medium claimed to be in contact with our monk. The monk was supposed to have been killed on the river bank outside our house in 1613 by a soldier wielding a sword. He had decided to haunt us as our family would be sympathetic towards him. The monk was particularly fond of our son who has Down's Syndrome! As you can imagine we took all that with a pinch of salt, LOL!!!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#21 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:51 AM

yeah. the "ghost and afterlife" field of study is ripe for charlatanism.

Tagneffed, as i said, i believe you believe in what you see. But i do caution against letting just anyone (like television researcher/mediums, for example) ;) try to tell you what it means. one of the most difficult things about approaching this subject on a message board is that we really don't know eachother. one or all of us may really be full of crap, but how would you know it?

ours is a dangerous ground because of that: which is why i ask you to forgive my and the others' skepticism. it's just too easy to be fooled if you aren't careful.

#22 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:26 AM

wow, Tang!

ah, and welcome to the gang, btw.  Keep us updated with more interesting things that may take place at your house.  

Have you been taking a video of any of the activities going on?  Because we'd be very instered to see them....

x

#23 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:29 AM

Randy, my husband is to the left of James Randi in the sceptism stakes so he does not believe anything he is told by mediums, psychics and the like. Until something has been proved scientifically as beyond reasonable doubt he does not believe it!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#24 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:04 AM

that's wise of him.

#25 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 01:49 PM

He is a very wise and pragmatic man!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#26 Afoxmorel

Afoxmorel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x1|Abilene|USA|usa|237|250|x1|Abilene|USA|usa|237|250|

Posted 17 April 2004 - 05:15 PM

I have heard of many incidences like yours, where the ghost/ poltergeist/ ect. uses the computer to email strangers.  Just because they probably died a long time ago doesn't mean that they have not learned of the present.  And how to use the current technology. LOL. ;) ;D

#27 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:19 PM

I noticed to the left of the first picture you can also see Mary with her face looking up towards Christ and she has the blue robe on that you see dressed in in statues of her.

#28 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 05:57 AM

I can't see that in the picture or on the fireplace Trudy!  
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#29 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:39 PM

and yet this only happened after you moved in 7 years ago?
It seems so strange with so many physical manifestations that no one else has noticed it before...

This is a very well-documented haunting.  Do a Google search for "Brother Doli" or "Pennyffordd Farm" and I guarantee it will raise the hair on your body.   ;)

Elle

#30 armadilloswill

armadilloswill

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:13 PM

Great article
Chuck C. Salem Ma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users