How do I get a ghost to appear?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Aly127

Aly127

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

Hello, I'm Aly, I'm 14, I will be 15 on the 27th, I have been curious about ghosts and the supernatural for a while now so if anyone could give me tips that would be great :ghost:
Hello, I'm knew to this site :) I like it so far.

#2 Aly127

Aly127

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

ummm....lol ok well if anyone will actually reply, the mail me, i've got to get going, good bye :ghost:
Hello, I'm knew to this site :) I like it so far.

#3 vexington

vexington

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

hey and welcome to the site,

youve got to be more specific on what you wish to know dear the spirit world is as broad as the mortal world.

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

I noticed that you only waited for 9 minutes between posts. Most people don't reply quite as fast as you'd hope because they are usually busy going about their lives. Give it a little more time on your next visit. :ghost: You'd be surprised how many will gladly help you. I also agree that you should give a little more info so we know fully what you seek to find.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

This looks like it was a drive-by posting...but I'll go ahead and respond, lol.

I'm assuming the poster is going by the question in the title: How to Get a Ghost to Appear...as in actually show itself to you.

Well...as most of us are VERY well aware, most entities don't act on command, lol. If you believe there is an entity around you, you can politely ask it to show itself to you...or to pose for a photograph, which you may have better chances with. If its an entity that you believe is from a period before modern technology, politely explain the camera to them and how it works. Or...if you feel someone behind you, snap a photo quickly. Remaining polite and asking permission is always a good step though because we all know the adage about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.

However...at such a young age, I'd be extremely careful with trying to establish contact with ANY entity. You may inadvertantly reach out to someone or something with less than noble intentions. You may also not be emotionally prepared for what may happen.

If its meant to happen, it'll happen when its supposed to. Not everyone is meant to see the other side, and some aren't meant to see it until much later in life. I'd also suggest (for various reasons) to not use a Ouija Board, either for trying to establish contact.

But yeah...any other information you need you came to the right place. This site is full of great articles, book recommendations, and just general knowledgeable members. Its an invaluable resource to get started on your research.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:38 AM

Working with Spirit isn't a game and you should take it seriously. If I have said it once here, I have said it a hundred times - real life is not like the movies or tv shows like "Charmed", etc. If you are serious about this subject, then you have to make a real commitment to it.

My advice is to go to your library and begin reading anything and everything you can find on the paranormal. There is a lot of information on GhostVillage and its forums for you to read as well. The more you know, the more you learn. Just remember - mediumship and psychic abilities are not parlor games and not to be used as such so look within. Try to be honest about why you want to explore this. If you want to see spirits/ghosts because you think it would be fun or neat to brag to your friends in study hall, then don't bother.

Generally though,if you want to have contact with the spirit world you need to start by opening your mind to the possibilities of the Universe. A good place to start is with meditation. There is a topic in Spirit Communication calles Medidtation 101 that has a good beginning excersice that will help you to meet your Spirit Guide. A Spirit Guide is a being who is with you at all times to aide you through your life's journey. People have more than one Guide and I have heard different ideas about that. Personally I feel that it is different for each person, but that is another topic for discussion. Guides are gender-neutral, as they are not human but they tend to appear to us as male or female to be easier for us to comprehend the whole thing. The same for names. When I asked my Guide for a name, I was told I couldn't pronounce it but should call him "Matthew". The whole point of meeting one of your Guides is to be able to open your mind and to have someone to ask for help. You can ask your Guide(s) to help you to see spirits/ghosts and to have contact with those entities. But - and this is very important! - you must ask your Guide for protection from any of the lower spirits who might be mischievious. Your Guide will take care of you and tell you how to conserve your psychic energy as well. Oh, and pray. A lot. Pray the way you were taught when you were a child. Prayer creates positive energy around and within us and that attracts positive spirits/ghosts to us as well.

Keep a journal - any notebook will do. You need to write down everything that happens when you are on this spritual journey, if it's paranormal or if you try and don't have anything happen. Make sure each journal entry is dated and has the time as well. This will serve two purposes. It helps to focus your mind and teach you discipline and as you progress down your life's path you can look back to be able to see connections from past to future, learn from mistakes, understand why something did/didn't work, etc.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

I think the poster confused forum with chat room. Kids these days... :wub:
There is nothing left to say.Me

#8 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

I couldn't agree with Redhead more...

I need to add... you can NOT "get a ghost to appear" to you on command and you should not even try. Anything that claims to teach you to control a person with free will (whether or not it actually works is moot) is dangerous beyond mortal comprehension and should not be attempted.

Honestly, if you're at the stage where you want that to happen, you're SO not ready for it to actually happen. You don't have the maturity and understanding to deal with it if it does happen at this point. I'm not calling you an immature little brat... I swear... there's just a long learning process and a steep learning curve... and until you're approaching it with respect and a little healthy caution, you're not ready to deal with it.

#9 outsider39

outsider39

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

Hello Aly.I had my first paranormal experience at 8 years old when I saw a ghost dog.I talked to a ghost lady when I was 12 years old.Since that time,I have seen ghost children,ghost teenagers,and ghost adults.I have lived in haunted houses all of my life.In all of that time I have never been able to make a ghost appear on demand.Ghosts or spirits have free wills and they will only appear when they want to or when they have the ability to do so.You are not too young to read about ghosts or go on ghost tours with adults.My son is your age and I have taken him ghost hunting with me, but I watch him very closely and I only let him go with me,and no one else.I encourage you to continue to read posts on here and ask questions if you want to.Do not let others ever discourage you from the pursuit of knowledge.I talk to kids your age about my paranormal experiences in high schools in my area.Maybe you can find someone like me in your area to talk to your class. Good luck
and remember, safety always comes first in investigations.

#10 Alien

Alien

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hi Aly,

As a magician I can command spirits to appear when I feel like it but that is a long and arduous road indeed.
Having lost my own sanity down that path I would not presume to see you go down the same for similar effects.
However, I can tell you that in order for the spirit to appear before me I have to have armed my self with the names of God.
Which I have integrated into my practice through years of study of them in detail through means of something numerology is a distant cousin off.
As such I place myself in a safe zone from which, in the name of GOd, I command the spirit who I want to come before me.
This works.
I have done this with demons, angels aer spirits, Gods and th dead and there has never been less than some manifestation except for once or twice.
You have to really want it.
Envision it.
Call out to it with yuour heart.
And then once it feels it can manifest towards it's own aims then it will.

Good luck, Alien....

#11 Raighne

Raighne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests including the paranormal. Reading, gardening, pottery both thrown and hand built, soap making and honey bee keeping. I am currently making my first ever batch of mead which should be finished...ok drinkable, hopefully, in Sept 2008. I would also like to try my hand at making ale.

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:47 PM

[quote name='Redhead' date='Mar 11 2008, 08:38 AM' post='455006']
There is a topic in Spirit Communication calles Medidtation 101 that has a good beginning excersice that will help you to meet your Spirit Guide.

Thank you very much for this post Redhead! All these months later your sage advice to the young poster is still being quite useful to others. The topics of meditation and spirit guides are actually among the things I was hoping to find when I joined the village. Apparently my guide is hard at work as always. :-)

BTW, the west coast of Wisconsin is indeed beautiful. If I had my druthers, I'd be there.

Best Regards,

Raighne
Raighne T

"Man did not weave the web of life - he is merely a strand in it.Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." Chief Seattle

#12 Its2Good2BeTrue

Its2Good2BeTrue

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:35 AM

I realize it is difficult to deal with the death of a loved one and understandable that you wish to see them after their death or if you notice a presence around you you wish to know who exactly it is.

My experience so far is, as others have already said, you can't get a ghost to appear when you want it to. Usually they make their presence known when you least expect it. Try talking to the entity and tell it that you wish to see it but you understand that it maybe not be able to appear to you. That worked for me one night because I got a bright human size shining light a couple of hours later that woke me up at around midnight and disappeared about two seconds after I had seen it.

#13 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hey there, welcome to Ghost Village.

I'm thirteen, so a little younger than you. I'm sure many of people have already posted this, or something similar to this. But once your educated in the topic, you know that your going to need to be a little more specific. If you need information on the paranormal, I'll be more than happy to help you out. If your asking for tips on investigations and such, you may want to ask someone with a little more experience, unfortunately, "ghost hunting" isn't really in my age range.

Send me a message some time!

Maili
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users