• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 earthstorm2525

earthstorm2525

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:15 PM

[glow=green,2,300]If Gods care so much about us than why would he send his childern to Hell. That doent sound like he relly  cares that much if he sends you somewhere to suffer for ever. I was wondering what everyone else thought. ???TEXT[/glow]

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:34 PM

#3 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:42 PM

Well first off. People who go to hell are evil. They proboly deserve to suffer. To do evil things on earth there has to be a punishment. Lets say you was sitting in your living room with your new born baby and someone came in and shot you and your new born out of robbery. Dont you think that, that person should go straight to hell?
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#4 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:45 PM

People CHOOSE to go to hell, God does not send them.  People CHOOSE evil, to be evil, to worship evil, to do evil.  I think God gives everyone one more chance after you cross over, that chance is what I call Purgatory.  It's a timeout before the long run begins. Which leads to: is hell a crowded place?  No, but purgatory probably is.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#5 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:14 PM

my personal belief is as follows:

in life, God gives us the choice to follow Him or not. He won't force us. However, If we don't want Him in life, why would we want Him in the afterlife, for eternity? Since there are (according to my beliefs) basically two choices for eternity, you spend it in one or the other. But God won't (because He -does- love us) force us into the decision. it's one that we have to make.

did that make sense, or did i just talk in circles?

#6 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 04:27 PM

Think of God the Father, as a father, sometimes you have to give a kid a swift kick in the you know where and when that fails you sometimes have to break ties to protect the other children as hard as that may be
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:18 PM

My views most closely resembles hawkie, randy, and masquerade.

We choose where we'll be most comfortable in the eternities.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

so.... what do you choose? be very careful with that GIFT.
Posted Image

#9 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, my vote goes to the 'choice' scenario. In the end, we all make choices that will effect ourselves and others...but it's the concept of the whole heaven-hell thing that I have problems with...I tend to go with the reincarnation/karma thing, lol. I just like the idea that if you DID screw up in this lifetime, that you'll get a second chance down the road to correct it and maybe even learn a valuable lesson...but just my opinion really, lol.

#10 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:46 AM

God doesn't send His children to hell. I follow the choice theory and say that we walk right through those burning gates all on our own. I believe that what we're experiencing here on earth is about as "hell" as we're ever going to see, and what we make of it is what determines the advancement of our soul. Good question though.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#11 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:54 AM

Lets say you was sitting in your living room with your new born baby and someone came in and shot you and your new born out of robbery. Dont you think that, that person should go straight to hell?

No.

Or rather ... I suppose I might be so enraged that my thirst for vengeance overruled by sense of justice.  But my wishing for that person to go to Hell wouldn't make it right.
What Would Batman Do?

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 April 2004 - 09:56 AM

I think myself that the IDEA of God sending us to Hell is a purely HUMAN concept.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

I think myself that the IDEA of God sending us to Hell is a purely HUMAN concept.  

The idea of Hell is purely a Christian concept.  So is the idea of Satan.  Pagans do not believe in either concept.  We believe that people are responsible for their own actions.  Nobody died to save anyone, nobody's evil acts are forgotten as long as that person recognizes a specific supreme being.  Whatever that person does is paid for by nobody but the person who did it.

When Christianity was first born, the new Christians were so anxious to turn everyone to Christianity that they literally went from home to home around the countryside, demanding that people attend church in the town and become Christian.  It was common for the people in the towns to turn to Christianity, however since some of the outerlying areas were too far for someone to comfortably travel for a church service, those who lived there decided to stay with their old religion.  Since they had decided not to become Christian, they were, of course, considered to be the outcasts.  Those who lived in the country were referred to as "Pagans" and those who lived in the far-reaching areas of the heaths were called "Heathens."  "Pagan" comes from the roman word "pagani" and it simply means "people who live in the country" (country meaning the rural area as opposed to the town).  People who lived on the heaths were thus called "heathens."  Considering neither the Pagans nor the Heathens attended the Christian church, their names became synonymous with being blasphemous and spurning Christianity.  

When the early Christians went from house to house to recruit new members, when they reached the homes of the Pagans and Heathens they saw figures and pictures that the people had drawn to represent the gods and goddesses they worshipped.  The god is known by many names (one of the most well-known names in the Celtic pantheon is Cernunnos) and lo and behold, Cernunnos happens to have antlers.  The Christians saw that the god that the outcasts worshipped had antlers, and since these people refused to worship Jesus Christ they MUST be bad, therefore their god was recognized by the Christians as he who MUST then be Satan.  That's why Satan.  The antlers became horns, and this is how they arrived at the concept of who Satan must be.  The Inquisition followed, and while it wasn't as widespread as was originally thought, the Christians killed many people in the name of Christianity, simply because they did not want to give up worshipping in their old ways.  It was going to be Christianity or nothing.

As far as the concept of Hell goes, most Pagan groups have their own versions of where people go after they die.  ONLY the Christians have people who don't believe the way they do going to roast for all eternity.  There are no other groups who believe that people who don't believe a certain way are going to spend eternity in misery.

Elle

#14 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:39 PM

okay, this is a pretty good one. and for which, i happen to have a chart.

hell= fire, bad things, lots of poking, bad people go here
purgatory= basically a holy waiting room. bet it has better magazines. the sorta bad, sorta good people go here, or you wait here while "they" decide what to do with you.
heaven= is what you make it. good people go here
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:04 PM

I meant human concept in the context that it was a concept created by humans.  Christians are humans.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users