Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

how can i tell if i'm a medium or sensitive or what ever you call it?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BarbieDancerx3

BarbieDancerx3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

its kind of weird but i get this feeling i'm being watched alot. and i've seen things that scared the wits out of me. like sometimes i can smell things ..good things tho.. but i havnt sprayed anything to make me smell the things i'm smelling. anyways,one night i turned my light off to go to bed and i seen a man standing near my computer. sometimes i will get angry,sad,annoyed or happy out of no where. i find it weird bc i'm usually always happy. and another time i've heard breathing behind me. it scared me alot. and this is on a daily basis i will hear banging. but i dont know what to think. am i a medium or sensitive or what ever you call'em? i just want to know. adice would be nice. :headbang:

#2 BarbieDancerx3

BarbieDancerx3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

its kind of weird but i get this feeling i'm being watched alot. and i've seen things that scared the wits out of me. like sometimes i can smell things ..good things tho.. but i havnt sprayed anything to make me smell the things i'm smelling. anyways,one night i turned my light off to go to bed and i seen a man standing near my computer. sometimes i will get angry,sad,annoyed or happy out of no where. i find it weird bc i'm usually always happy. and another time i've heard breathing behind me. it scared me alot. and this is on a daily basis i will hear banging. but i dont know what to think. am i a medium or sensitive or what ever you call'em? i just want to know. adice would be nice. :headbang:

lol until someone replys to me. i'm gonna go feed my face. :greenbounce:

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

One school of thought is that everyone has some sort of latent psychic ability. It is learning how to tap into it that is the difficult part for most people because it involves patience and a great deal of practice - something that a lot of younger folks don't have much of anymore. Some people seem to have a stronger ability and those are the people who grab our attention, because it seems out of the ordinary. Usually these people have this ability from early childhood, and the environment they grew up in will either aid or hinder them in adulthood. A family attitude of acceptance will help the child to also accept what is normal for them - and this is true of any situation, be it paranormal or not.

You don't give much detail as to why you wonder if you are sensitve beyond 'feeling watched' or 'hearing breathing', so it's hard to say. And there are no real details about yourself (age, general location, etc.) provided, and that makes things a bit sticky too. Many times, people in turmoil -- like teens - experience vague feelings of dread, being watched, etc. This is explained by a subconscious fear of the unknown. As in, what is going to happen to me after...(fill in the blank) I use the example of a teen because of the physical and emotional crossroads they are at in life. They are no longer children and wish to be treated like adults, but also want to stay a child with all the security childhood has - not having to find a job and pay for everything themselves, etc.
As far as seeing the man by your computer, who knows. All you told us was that you saw a man, not what he looked like - a shadow, an outline of form, and so on. What was the time, what was the weather, what were you doing just prior to the sighting? You could try setting up a tape recorder in this room and have it record when you are not there, as well as trying to ask questions, etc. See if you record any evp's. Have a camera handy and when you get one of your feelings of being watched - take a few pictures to see if you 'catch' something. Keep a journal of all this so that you have a record you can refer back to for specific dates/times and so on. There are some good topics here on developing psychic abilities, as well as many books you can find at the library.

Good luck, and keep us updated.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Lissa Pissa

Lissa Pissa

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:Just This Side of Scenic Insanity...and sometimes Raleigh, NC
  • Interests:Being a mom first and foremost, cooking, working to save Mother Earth, starting revolutions, talking to dead people, you know- basic stuff...

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

I'm new here and have often asked that question of myself. For me, it's hard to separate what is just my imagination running wild and what may actually be happening. For as long as I can remember, I've felt "something" there and now my daughter reacts to the same areas of our house that I find "creepy." Like Redhead said, I think it's important to have patience and try to practice. I've been told to write down all of the circumstances surrounding my experiences and to practice meditating in order to quiet yourself and be more open to these experiences. Alas, I am just learning myself, so I think it's best to do a little research on how to harness your intuition.
Let me know if you find anything useful!!!
"I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end."-Kahlil Gibran, Anthem of Humanity "For what is evil, but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"-Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

#5 sororluna

sororluna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Seances, Mediumship, Ghosts, Hauntings, Psychic stuff<br /><br />University Lecturer in Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biblical Hebrew<br /><br />Founding Member of Psychics and Ghost Hunters of Western Oregon<br /><br />Reiki Master <br /><br />Light Body Graduate (www.orindaben.com)<br /><br />Have studied Parapsychology in my spare time since 1989<br /><br />Medium-in-Training since 1994 (Mainly mental mediumship however have some knowledge of physical as well).<br /><br />Lived in Durham, England for 2 years (my husband is British) and have seen 60+ mediums live in various Spiritualist Churches in the UK and USA, as well as attending psychic worshops and mediumship classes in both countries.<br /><br />10 or more years of personal, detailed, hands-on experience with EACH of the following faiths: Baptist, Catholic, Pagan/Witchcraft. <br /><br />I do Biblical Hebrew (Old Testament) and Biblical Greek (New Testament), if anybody wants any literal translations of paranormal matters in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. My main area of interest however is Latin, which I speak fluently and teach, and also Ancient Greek, if anybody wants literal translations of any Pagan writings. Also fairly fluent in Italian. Two terms of German as well :).

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

Yes you are sensitive - we all are.

A lot of mediums or psychics publish the idea that you have to be "born" psychic - thereby making the demand and cost of their services higher.

However, if we simply go back to the linguistic origins of the word psychic, it goes back to the Greek word "psuche" (pronounced "psoo-kay") which means soul or breath of life.

Therefore every living person breathing and possessing a soul is PSYCHIC. As they say, "it takes one to know one." And since you ARE a soul, you can PERCEIVE other souls too.

The main resouce Spirit and Guides use to connect with us is our IMAGINATION - so don't discount things for being "just my imagination" because that is precisely one of the main vehicles that Spirit uses.

Spirit shows you your higher path by showing you what you would love to do - so often this comes through in imagination, because we often fantasize and imagine about these topics. Spirit comes through here to help us manifest our dreams creatively.

The only difference between somebody who says that they are Psychic or a Medium and the rest of us is that the Psychics acknowledge these hunches, feelings, and impressions they get - and yes - what their imagination leads them to - as being valid and true imput.

Trust is the key - trust is the difference.

So if you WANT to be a medium, psychic, or sensitive, you already are - however by trusting in these processes and meditating etc. you can develop these sensitivities, just like any other ability, such as playing the piano, learning a language, belly dancing, etc. Some people are naturally better than others, but practice and devotion makes the virtuoso.

That being said - remember that regardless of whether your impressions are Spirit (or in an extreme, rare case, some people might have a mental disorder that makes them hallucinate etc.) - never act on an advice or impressions that would hurt you or those around you, and never act on any impressions that don't feel right and you do not agree with, and wouldn't normally do anyway.

Healthy Spirit imput is always just a suggestion, never an order - you have free will and they respect that.

#6 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

Yes you are sensitive - we all are.

A lot of mediums or psychics publish the idea that you have to be "born" psychic - thereby making the demand and cost of their services higher.

However, if we simply go back to the linguistic origins of the word psychic, it goes back to the Greek word "psuche" (pronounced "psoo-kay") which means soul or breath of life.

Therefore every living person breathing and possessing a soul is PSYCHIC. As they say, "it takes one to know one." And since you ARE a soul, you can PERCEIVE other souls too.

The main resouce Spirit and Guides use to connect with us is our IMAGINATION - so don't discount things for being "just my imagination" because that is precisely one of the main vehicles that Spirit uses.

Spirit shows you your higher path by showing you what you would love to do - so often this comes through in imagination, because we often fantasize and imagine about these topics. Spirit comes through here to help us manifest our dreams creatively.

The only difference between somebody who says that they are Psychic or a Medium and the rest of us is that the Psychics acknowledge these hunches, feelings, and impressions they get - and yes - what their imagination leads them to - as being valid and true imput.

Trust is the key - trust is the difference.

So if you WANT to be a medium, psychic, or sensitive, you already are - however by trusting in these processes and meditating etc. you can develop these sensitivities, just like any other ability, such as playing the piano, learning a language, belly dancing, etc. Some people are naturally better than others, but practice and devotion makes the virtuoso.

That being said - remember that regardless of whether your impressions are Spirit (or in an extreme, rare case, some people might have a mental disorder that makes them hallucinate etc.) - never act on an advice or impressions that would hurt you or those around you, and never act on any impressions that don't feel right and you do not agree with, and wouldn't normally do anyway.

Healthy Spirit imput is always just a suggestion, never an order - you have free will and they respect that.

Excellent advice! It might be as well to get a teacher for the basics, while you practice to hone your own skills.

We are all unique individuals and all of us will operate according to our own talents. The more you know, the less to fear to dismiss. Understanding through some form of study or having a good teacher for the basics keeps you informed. Join a group circle.

#7 seesee99

seesee99

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

its kind of weird but i get this feeling i'm being watched alot. and i've seen things that scared the wits out of me. like sometimes i can smell things ..good things tho.. but i havnt sprayed anything to make me smell the things i'm smelling. anyways,one night i turned my light off to go to bed and i seen a man standing near my computer. sometimes i will get angry,sad,annoyed or happy out of no where. i find it weird bc i'm usually always happy. and another time i've heard breathing behind me. it scared me alot. and this is on a daily basis i will hear banging. but i dont know what to think. am i a medium or sensitive or what ever you call'em? i just want to know. adice would be nice. :)

You may have some type of a sencitive ability, I think everyone has the tinyest bit of senstive ablititys just some more gifted than others , but have you thought about the possibility of it being a haunting?

- Alanna

Edited by seesee99, 04 September 2008 - 03:55 PM.

Welcome to reality, darling. It's quite the vacation from fantasy land.

#8 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

Excellent advice!

I'll second that.

It might be as well to get a teacher for the basics, while you practice to hone your own skills.

We are all unique individuals and all of us will operate according to our own talents. The more you know, the less to fear to dismiss. Understanding through some form of study or having a good teacher for the basics keeps you informed. Join a group circle.

If you don't know where to go to find a teacher or just want to study on your own for awhile, I also have a bunch of tips on developing psychic and mediumship abilities on my website at http://www.eeriecana...evelopment.html

Good luck!

#9 sourcats365(kayla)

sourcats365(kayla)

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

Excellent advice!

I'll second that.

It might be as well to get a teacher for the basics, while you practice to hone your own skills.

If you don't know where to go to find a teacher or just want to study on your own for awhile, I also have a bunch of tips on developing psychic and mediumship abilities on my website at http://www.eeriecana...evelopment.html

Good luck!

omg the same thing happend to me when you can smell some thing really good and u did do anything.. and the smell follows me every where and in my pics you can see orbs or what ever they are.. and i always feel followed or watched. this stuff started to happen to me when i turned 13 right on my year on turning 14 :/ idk what it is if ur a medium its hard for me to figure it out 2

#10 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:40 AM

Well, just because you have experience thing, doesn't mean your a medium, or a sensitive for that matter. Odds are if someone was standing next to you, they would see or hear the same things. And don't get me wrong, it's a scary situation. Also, random mood swings are quite common, we all have them, some more than others.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users