• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

Images beamed back from Mars would suggest so - although to sceptics, it could just be an odd-shaped rock. Nasa's Mars Explorer Spirit sent back images from the surface of the Red Planet four years ago, and there was initial disappointment among scientists that they lacked any signs of life.

But space and science fiction enthusiasts were convinced there was more than meets the eye, and after years of studying the images, have found what appears to be an alien figure walking downhill.

Source Article: http://www.thisislon...Mars/article.do

Posted Image

#2 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

I saw this on CNN also. Unfortunately it's 2 good 2 b true...another rock formation. I remember they had a face on Mars pic before and it turned out 2 be a combination of the rocks and the shadows the sun cast on them.

#3 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

Not to mention Mars looks suspiciously like Utah in this pic( well, I've heard it said we're like another planet here!). I could be wrong, but I don't think the Mars rover pictures have been this clear and bright.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#4 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

Well it did come originally from one of our tabloids here in the UK !

:wave:

#5 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

Not to mention Mars looks suspiciously like Utah in this pic( well, I've heard it said we're like another planet here!). I could be wrong, but I don't think the Mars rover pictures have been this clear and bright.

Hollywood film makers tend to like the desert areas of California, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada for filming "moonscapes" and planets. I agree, the rocks and sand in the photo don't look like anything more than the southwestern US.

Edited by Axman, 24 January 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:25 AM

~I first saw this one on CNBC & thought that this was a great way to show how one can manipulate pics to look like something it really isn't. BUT...........then again it can also show that we're truly not alone in this vast Universe. Maybe someone/something just needed to get away for awhile & decided to sit and ponder. I wish I could do that!!! If that person/thing is finished with resting, I sure could use their help here!!! :) :whip:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 meanderer

meanderer

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Just goes to show you that the Public Transportation system on Mars must be run by the same people as in America. This person's been waiting so long, they've turned to rocks.

;)
Beannacht ort

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

hahahahaha Meanderer! ROFLMAO!

BTW: Nasa says it is just a 2 inch rock.But I wonder how a 2 inch rock can be so detailed!

But then, here is a perceptive of the whole area!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

from moondragon's perspective pic...I wonder how they even spotted this 'bigfoot' as Anderson Cooper called it and I agree. The profile of Mars man is similar to the famous bigfoot pic.

#10 Lizard King

Lizard King

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests: <br />

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

perhaps this figure is a misplaced resident of Cydonia

Posted Image

Posted Image

TLK

Edited by Lizard King, 27 January 2008 - 08:48 PM.

#11 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

It looks suspiciously like this guy:

Posted Image

#12 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:34 AM

THAT guy?! The first thing *I* thought when I saw it was that someone had Photoshopped this famous pic
http://cruises.about...agen_tour_2.htm
into a pic of my home state. Not too alien OR at home in the desert!

Edited by Yosei, 13 February 2008 - 11:34 AM.

"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users