I need suggestions on what to do

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 granitegal

granitegal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

My 8 y.o. daughter has been complaining about seeing "shadow" people for the last few years. It has only recently become a problem. She says she sees a girl and a man. They follow her and the girl sometimes crawls on the ceiling, walls and floor. My 12 y.o. son does not see anything, but hears unexplained noises at night only to find no one there. My daughter is now sleeping with me and I now don't believe she is imagining things or making it up for attention. She cried herself to sleep last night, and stayed home sick today since she has been battling a bad cold for about a month now. She said the girl reached out and tried to touch me, but I turned around and she crawled away. Last night, we got together as a family and demanded it to leave. Today, she said the shadow man threw books at her. She said she was afraid for me and her brother since they knew where we were. She couldn't explain how she knew that- since she has told me that she can't hear them. All I know, is we can't go on living like what we did last night as we all need some rest. She said reading the bible did not help. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this is, and what we could do about it? I'm pretty sure we don't have ghostbusters here or a demonologist close by since I am in NW Arkansas. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I know nothing and have never experienced anything disturbing like this before.
Thank you,
Courtney

#2 brass city paranormal

brass city paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

While being skeptic about both sides of the fence, if you cannot find a respectable group to check the place out my next suggestion would be your church/parish.

#3 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

My 8 y.o. daughter has been complaining about seeing "shadow" people for the last few years. It has only recently become a problem. She says she sees a girl and a man. They follow her and the girl sometimes crawls on the ceiling, walls and floor. My 12 y.o. son does not see anything, but hears unexplained noises at night only to find no one there. My daughter is now sleeping with me and I now don't believe she is imagining things or making it up for attention. She cried herself to sleep last night, and stayed home sick today since she has been battling a bad cold for about a month now. She said the girl reached out and tried to touch me, but I turned around and she crawled away. Last night, we got together as a family and demanded it to leave. Today, she said the shadow man threw books at her. She said she was afraid for me and her brother since they knew where we were. She couldn't explain how she knew that- since she has told me that she can't hear them. All I know, is we can't go on living like what we did last night as we all need some rest. She said reading the bible did not help. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this is, and what we could do about it? I'm pretty sure we don't have ghostbusters here or a demonologist close by since I am in NW Arkansas. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I know nothing and have never experienced anything disturbing like this before.
Thank you,
Courtney

Children are born with the sixth sense and then about the age of 7 or 8 they begin to lose their abilies unless as a parent you are willing to work with them. Most parents tell their children that they are imagining things. But ask you daughter to draw a picture of what she sees and ask her open ended questions like ( does the people you see have names or have her ask them if they lived in the house), then take this information and ask the locals in your neighborhood if any of them remember anyone with these names or got to your library and see if you can find information on these people. Don't panic most of the time these spirits are lost and need your help they may not even realize they are dead and may be confused because they don't understand why people can't see or hear them any longer.

#4 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

Rather than trying to identify who the spirit is - it really isn't important to getting them to go - why not do a ritual as a family that cleanses the house and claims it for your own. All rituals are done beginning and ending in prayer - calling on the highest power of protection from God as you begin.

Light up some sweetgrass, sage or a white candle will work. Blow smoke (smudge) into every nook and cranny of your house. At the same time you are all saying (out loud) "I claim this place for me and my family. You have to turn completely around and go into the light." Just know you are sending the spirit entity on to spirit realms.

When we call on God in prayer, angels come to aid this effort.

#5 Gifted

Gifted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

My curiosity has gotten the best of me..wonder what's been happening.

#6 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

I know that it is scary for both you and your daughter. Children are usually very sensitive when it comes to seeing or hearing them. As a mother of 3 and an investigator, I've taught my kids that even though ghosts are real, they are not scary monsters, but people. More than likely they need help getting to where they need to be, or don't realize that they have died.
They more than likely know that your daughter can see them, so maybe she could talk to them and tell them that they don't belong there anymore and that they scare her. In my experience they don't mean to scare anyone,(except thoses who get a kick out of it). If I'm trying to sleep and they get too loud,I'll ask them kindly,to please stop and they do.
You could also try using a tape recorder to see if they'll talk to you.
Just remember, alot of people are going through this,so you're not alone. Good luck! :clap:
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users