3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:19 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

For those of you who visit us regularly, then you're familiar with the name Lee Prosser. Lee is Ghostvillage.com's book review editor, he's a regular columnist, and has been with us since 2003. Lee contacted me recently regarding a tragedy that has struck his family. Last week, his daughter, Dawn lost her house to a fire. Dawn, her husband, and their three children were very lucky to escape with their lives, but, with the exception of the clothes on their backs, nothing else was saved. The children's' toys, dolls, teddy bears, and clothes are all gone, no family pictures remain, and all of the family's worldly possessions were burned up. Since it was an older house, it burned quickly, leaving only a charred cellar hole. The greatest tragedy of all is that Dawn and her family had just moved in and did not have insurance yet.

Local church groups and even their bank have been a lot of help. They were able to get some clothes donated, and they were loaned a modified horse trailer so they have a roof over their head on their property. Lee is doing all he can for his daughter and grandchildren, and so I'm passing this on to you. Your prayers and good thoughts are very appreciated. But if you can help financially, they have set up a fund. I'm mailing in my donation today. Every little bit helps.

If you can help, make your checks payable to: Dawn & Joe Lawrence and mail it to:

Dawn & Joe Lawrence
Fire Relief Fund
Ozark Bank
P.O. Box 220
1509 West Jackson
Ozark, MO 65721

God bless.

-Jeff Belanger
Founder, Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

~Count me in, Jeff. I'm making out the check today & will put it in the mailbox tomorrow on my way to work. Many prayers heading their way as well. Please let these folks know that I think I can speak for the others here when I say Thank God they weren't hurt. They're here with their children, in one piece. And with the help of others, can replace the other things that thye need.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for posting this, Jeff, and alerting us to the situation...... this is a terrible event for a family to deal with..... especially through the eyes of children.....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

I am bumping this up for the proper attention.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users