wireless audio from ghost mart

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HRPRG_Belinda

HRPRG_Belinda

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

Does anyone have the wireless audio system from the Ghost Mart? If so, can you connect it to a regular digital recorder or do you have to use a laptop. We use our laptop for cameras so both wouldn't work. Also, we investigate a lot of old houses and our cell phones often don't get reception in them, is it possible that would also interfere with the wireless audio system?
Thanks!
Belinda

#2 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

I have it and I have connected it to an recorder. Personally I would not use it on investigations though. It's very easy for the signal to be interrupted not to mention outside interferance. It only makes it harder to decipher if you have any real EVP's. It leaves you with variables that you might not have genuine audio recordings. Hope that makes sense.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#3 HRPRG_Belinda

HRPRG_Belinda

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the info Trish! I was afraid of that happneing that is why I wanted to hear from someone who has used it.

#4 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

Yup I tested this before I used it on an investigation.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#5 fester

fester

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Movies, Music

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

Wireless cameras and audio, while convenient are not very reliable for investigations and can actually taint your evidence. No matter how good your evidence is, any skeptic would immediately discount your evidence due to the fact that you used a wireless setup.
FesterLake County Paranormal GroupLake County IllinoisPosted Image

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

Absolutely. One of the biggest offenders are shortwave broadcasts. these signals can "skip" into an area, periodicly fading in and out at levels that exceed your local radio stations. Most shortwave is also voice, editorial type programming and preaching, which is more easily mistaken than the predominately music oriented programming of a local station.

Wireless audio can also interfere with other equipment causing false positives, which is why its use is never recommended even for communication purposes.

#7 fester

fester

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Movies, Music

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

Absolutely. One of the biggest offenders are shortwave broadcasts. these signals can "skip" into an area, periodicly fading in and out at levels that exceed your local radio stations. Most shortwave is also voice, editorial type programming and preaching, which is more easily mistaken than the predominately music oriented programming of a local station.

Wireless audio can also interfere with other equipment causing false positives, which is why its use is never recommended even for communication purposes.

Well said CaveRat!
FesterLake County Paranormal GroupLake County IllinoisPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users