Discussion open for Residual Hauntings

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

Ah, could it be because the 80's were a bad fashion faux, just kidding! I'm sure there is a residual haunting out there from the 80's...possibly a suicide or murder, Julie

Well, here's what I was trying to get at. Why do all hauntings have to due to murder or suicide? With all the billions upon billions of people who have died over the course of eons, death by violence would be in the minority. I have had to deal with the deaths of ten people this year alone - and not one single one was murder or suicide. But one person died very very quickly. His spirit could be tied to this plane simply because he didn't know he died. And like I mentioned in my previous post - we leave energy imprints all the time, such as my example. Everything we do involves energy out-put and if the action is repeated often enough, it could remain for who knows how long until someone is sensitive enough to see it. I'm not talking about so-called intelligent hauntings, where a spirit is actually trying to make contact with someone, but just the left-over energy.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#17 saralove_23

saralove_23

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

That's one of the points I was making to Dave, referring to the emotional state. But why does this happen? I kind of get what you mean when you talk about the "limestone theory." We've had similar haunting events occur while conducting many investigations into Morely Music Hall, it's made from Bedford Limestone, but with the evidence that we collected it was more of a intelligent haunting than residual and we had even taken EMF readings inside near the base of the building and outside beside the limestone completely around...we have yet to pick up any energy spikes from the limestone. I agree that we have picked up many EVP mentioning "old fashioned" names...such as Johna and William, ect., but that's as close as a residual haunting that has ever occured on any investigation that we have conducted. But what gets me is why would anyone want to come back a relive such a tragic event over and over again....not unless they don't know they're dead? and how would one intervene when it's not in anyway close to having an intelligent haunting effect? If the deceased cannot interact or have any means of a communication method then how can we as the living contact them or help? Just some more food for thought...Julie

Maybe they Just don't have a choice. I read a story in one of my Real ghost's books, about this woman who would see the same thing at the same time every year. She would see a man walk past her kitchen window, around to the back of her house, and disappear into a field behind her house. She did some research, and found that there was once a small lake(or pond, I don't remember which one) where the field was. Also she found out a man committed suicide in that lake by drowning him self about 40 years earlier, on the same day she seen him every year.

Maybe when some commits murder or suicide, they have to relive it with no notion of anything else but that. As a form of punishment from their creator or whatever for committing those horrible acts. As for us not being able to communicate or not being able to help them. I think maybe we are just not supposed to., Maybe it's just out of our hands.

LOL, It makes so much more sense in my head, I am no good at explaining this kind of stuff via typing.

Just my theories, I hope they make at least a little sense. :Wall:

Edited by saralove_23, 08 February 2008 - 12:46 PM.

#18 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

Maybe they Just don't have a choice. I read a story in one of my Real ghost's books, about this woman who would see the same thing at the same time every year. She would see a man walk past her kitchen window, around to the back of her house, and disappear into a field behind her house. She did some research, and found that there was once a small lake(or pond, I don't remember which one) where the field was. Also she found out a man committed suicide in that lake by drowning him self about 40 years earlier, on the same day she seen him every year.

Maybe when some commits murder or suicide, they have to relive it with no notion of anything else but that. As a form of punishment from their creator or whatever for committing those horrible acts. As for us not being able to communicate or not being able to help them. I think maybe we are just not supposed to., Maybe it's just out of our hands.

LOL, It makes so much more sense in my head, I am no good at explaining this kind of stuff via typing.

But then how would you account for the numerous cases where this same kind of thing happens and the person is not even dead, much less did anything shocking, at all? That seems to happen almost as much, IME. I think I'm going to have to go with leftover energy imprints as the likeliest source for non-interactive hauntings, though as always we'll never know for sure.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#19 saralove_23

saralove_23

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

But then how would you account for the numerous cases where this same kind of thing happens and the person is not even dead, much less did anything shocking, at all? That seems to happen almost as much, IME. I think I'm going to have to go with leftover energy imprints as the likeliest source for non-interactive hauntings, though as always we'll never know for sure.

I understand your point Yosei. I was Just giving my thoughts to the why can't we help them and why would they want to relive such tragic events. I thought she was referring to the dead. As for explaining the the events that occur to someone while their living maybe it is just an imprint. I have no idea. :)

#20 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:18 PM

A very interesting topic to discuss! Thanks for all of your opinions!! Lets keep them coming in! In my opinion, this is the touchiest and the most unknown part of the paranormal. All of these theries can go in the right direction for a possible reason why a residual haunting occurs. Will we ever know what causes these type of "hauntings?" Probably not. But all of your thoughts makes sense to me and hopefully everyone else that has been reading these also. But I am still miffed a little on how a residual haunting occurs and why. But leaning towards what RedHead is getting at. I am still looking into other info. Thanks again for all of your help! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#21 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

~with residual hauntings, I have to say that I truly believe that when a home is haunted by a spirit, it's because that spirit (when they were alive) fell deeply in love with that home and in a sense, came a part of the home. When I saw our home for the first time, I got such a feeling that at one time, this was a home that was deeply loved. Then through time, it was just a house to this person & that. I fell in love with this home and put my hands on the walls and asked this home to watch over my family. I love this old home, and I think that the spirits inside my home is settled with the fact that once again, this house is a safe & loved home. I hope this makes sense. But when I think of residual hauntings, I "see" someone's heart into whatever the object is...be it a home, a car, or a piece of jewelry.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#22 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

When I think of a residual haunting, I get the image of an old movie projector in my head playing the same sequence of events over and over. I like to think that one than more things can cause a residual haunting. I believe the "imprint" theory as well as left over energy from past events. However, I don't believe that the left over energy or imprint is caused by only a traumatic event. I believe that positive energy can be just as powerful as negative energy. As Kira stated, I don't believe a residual haunting is caused by actual spirits or ghosts. Its more like a memory playing itself over and over. Limestone and Quartz sometimes tends to act as conductors for residual hauntings also.

Edited by Cynthia_TN, 09 February 2008 - 01:09 AM.

Posted Image

#23 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

When I think of a residual haunting, I get the image of an old movie projector in my head playing the same sequence of events over and over. I like to think that one than more things can cause a residual haunting. I believe the "imprint" theory as well as left over energy from past events. However, I don't believe that the left over energy or imprint is caused by only a traumatic event. I believe that positive energy can be just as powerful as negative energy. As Kira stated, I don't believe a residual haunting is caused by actual spirits or ghosts. Its more like a memory playing itself over and over. Limestone and Quartz sometimes tends to act as conductors for residual hauntings also.

On your first statement and your last, what will cause that to happend? A rock? What can make this event keep playing over and over again? Something has to fuel this fire. Still pondering! :) Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#24 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

On your first statement and your last, what will cause that to happend? A rock? What can make this event keep playing over and over again? Something has to fuel this fire. Still pondering! :) Dave

In one simple word- ENERGY. The limestone and quartz doesn't "cause" the residual haunting, it can merely act an a conductor. Just as metal or water is a conductor for electricity. This is just my view on it. Who can say for certain what causes this...I don't think there are any absolute answers when dealing with the paranormal at this point.
Posted Image

#25 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:13 PM

Just suppose....the spirit has transitioned but the individual is afraid of the light. All spirit must pass into the light to progress. But for many and varied reasons they feel unworthy or unable to progress into the light.

Some people believed when you died you remained dead, nothing to occur beyond death. They did not prepare themselves for life to continue in another body....spirit. Now they have awakened and don't know where they are or what is expected. Now what?

Not all 'stuck' spirit is evil or bad. For most it is confusion. It is what we believe we will find in spriit that we find. Those who didn't take any not of this while in the living, will find themselves in a fog. This is a fog of uneducated ideas.

When someone opens their love or concern for another that has passed, they light a lamp in this fog. Just like moths to a flame, they will draw a lot of uneducated spirit to that light and create confusion in their own life, if they accept them to their mind.

#26 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:30 AM

On your first statement and your last, what will cause that to happend? A rock? What can make this event keep playing over and over again? Something has to fuel this fire. Still pondering! :hug: Dave

In one simple word- ENERGY. The limestone and quartz doesn't "cause" the residual haunting, it can merely act an a conductor. Just as metal or water is a conductor for electricity. This is just my view on it. Who can say for certain what causes this...I don't think there are any absolute answers when dealing with the paranormal at this point.

All spirits need energy, but what makes them act like a rerun? Are they aware on what they are doing? Also what about residual hauntings where these rocks are no where to be found? Just wondering. Dave

#27 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:12 AM

I don't think anyone can exactly pinpoint what causes this. Most is merely in theory. The entities involved are not spirits, they are "recordings" of the event. It has been found that in many cases of a RH, that one of these types of rock have been found on the property in large quanities, but there are other factors that can contribute to a RH.

Video and audio tapes capture sounds and images on a film of material that has been oxidized. Certain building materials, such as slate, stone structures & iron nails in older buildings, have properties similar to tapes. In theory, when a traumatic event occurs or a time of high emotions (whether it be positive or negative), these materials are said to record the event for future playback. The materials store the energy created by these events and plays them back at a later time. It could be the right weather conditions, the witness's sensitivity or some type of energy release from the surroundings.
Posted Image

#28 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:12 AM

Try and follow me on this one everyone....I just thought of something because of a t.v. show that I like....let me know if this makes sense...I am going to use the show as an example.

T.V. show: ER
The cast member Mark Green passes away from brain cancer ( don't know if you've seen this or watched it, but hopefully some of you may have so you know what I am, in my lame attempt, to explain)

Mark passes away, but is having flash backs of where he is most happy about (this is different from the suicide or murder explanation) as he passes, he sees his daughter, his wife and baby daughter and then he flashes back to the "EMPTY" ER that he worked at, in his scrubs and stethescope (as if he were prepared to work)....

Now could it be that he flashes back into his past (or on a another level or plane) that he was most happy at and chooses to stay there? Would that consider to be a residual haunting?

Just my thoughts, Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#29 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

~Julie, that's EXACTLY the same thing I was trying to express not only in this post, but in other posts. I believe that when someone passes, they go to a place that they were the happiest & choose to stay there. Residual hauntings are like....to me a broken record of life. They're so used to doing something that when they pass, they just automatically do whatever it is they were used to doing. It's like I stated earlier, about becoming "1" with a favorite piece of jewelry or a home or a vehicle. It's a place where their heart is and seems will always be.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#30 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

I believe that everything in the universe, including paranormal phenomena such as spirits, hauntings, psychic abilities, and even God (regardless of which ever defenition you choose) can be explained in scientific terms. While we don't yet know what those terms are, I believe it to be possible and that we will one day uncover this truth, provided our species survives long enough to make the discovery.

This being said, there are many scientific "theories" out there that claim to at least partially explain ghosts. The one that seems to best align with the phenomena of residual hauntings (to me anyway) is called the non-linear or multi-continual time paradigm.

Here's a link to a site that explains several of these theories (I'm not very good at explaining advanced physics in "normal people" language!):
Fortean Paradigms

**Just a note, as it doesn't explain this in the part about nonlinear/multi-continual time: Tachyons are actually only hypothetical particles. For more on Tachyons, go here:
Tachyons

This is some pretty deep stuff, but as a scientific skeptic I find it worthwhile. :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users