21 replies to this topic

#16 Azazel

Azazel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 08:57 AM

Indeed

But I left out most of the tarot subject filling to keep the post short. I tend to make long posts. But thank you.

#17 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 03:21 PM

before you start reading the cards i would get a sorceror,soceress,or a strong chi master to guide you in choosing a deck.

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:35 PM

I guess there are some smart new villagers who can really help ;D
Posted Image

#19 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:54 AM

I started to read tarot over ten years ago, starting in HS after Ana introduced me to them. I bought my own tarot deck the first time around, a beautiful Goddess deck which I loved but since have lost. Since then, I've bought and have been given tarot decks, and honestly, to me at least, it didn't make one slight difference in its effectiveness. I learned from both books and mentors and the best advice I can say (which most have already been mentioned in the previous posts), is to trust your intuition. The cards, again to me, are a tool that helps link you to your own psyche where answers are there for the asking/taking. I also, suggest that you draw a card a day and then write down what feelings you get from that card. Sure, there are many interpertations out there, but YOURS to yourself is most important. It doesn't have to be long and drawnout...just a coule of key words so that when you see the card you can immediately connect with it and help you through a reading. And what also worked for me was doing readings...a LOT of readings, lol, because that forced me to concentrate and learn the cards and their meanings. All you need to do is tell the person you're reading for is that you're new at this, and to have them be patient. But the most accurate ones I've give were to total strangers and usually when I'm not involved in their lives. I too love the Crowley deck (YAY so glad to see so many people profess a love for them! ;)) But, the cards are cards...they were made for a specific purpose, so I don't really think you need to concern yourself too much with which style to choose from. Just pick the one that you like or feel drawn to, and then get another deck to see what you experience then. Just relax and know that even if the tarot DOES say something, nothing is set in stone and it can all change in a blink of an eye! After all, there IS such a thing as free will! :D

#20 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 13 April 2004 - 08:49 AM

my opinion on these are that if is the FREEWILL that finally decides, and it is the same force that actually makes a reading possible. be it astrology (Vedic I meant), or ay such momentary tools for prediction, the freewill is the force that generates a particular reading. Once you start to "make" the readings, then it becomes meaningless.
Posted Image

#21 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:21 AM

I'm not sure why, but I actually cringed when I read the post about finding a sorceror or sorceress to help find a deck. Uh..... why? No single person is more adept at finding themselves their own tools than the person whom the tools are for.

But, other than that, all the advice has been valid. I don't agree with online courses though, especially through a bookstore, as the main reason they HAVE these courses isn't because of some inherent need to inform the public, but to make an extra buck by having you purchase books through them that you'll need to take the course.

Just a few thoughts. Ana
Don't be a newt!

#22 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 04:38 AM

Amber, check  a site called: Aeclectic Tarots.  it's one of the biggest on line communities of tarot readers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users