26 replies to this topic

#16 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:50 AM

I get that all the time. I usually interpret it on the energy that is in the place. I think places hold on to memories of what happened there. So if you are sensitive, then you will pick up the stronger memories a place holds. It makes sense that you would get a bad feeling a certain parts of a church, especially given what happened to so many young boys in churches. Also many times when people go to church it is to pray when thing are not going well in their lives, so those memories and feelings are absored into the room.

It can also be recent events too. Like you walk into a room full of people and immediately get a vibe of happiness, anxiety, pain, fear, etc. Or you walk into an empty room that was just occupied and the feelings of what happened are still lingering.

As Mark said, you don't have to run out of a room, nothing will hurt you. You're just one of the lucky who can pick up the feelings. Do you work on developing these abilities Spider Rob?

True and good Point

#17 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

I'd like to point out that anyplace with a high EMF spike from electrical equipment, like an unprotected breaker panel or any major electrical appliances, will also give you those feelings. So, with that in mind, make sure you rule out the presence of electrical equipment first.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#18 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

I'd like to point out that anyplace with a high EMF spike from electrical equipment, like an unprotected breaker panel or any major electrical appliances, will also give you those feelings. So, with that in mind, make sure you rule out the presence of electrical equipment first.

Good point, Axman.... which leads me to want to ask about this:

I get a different feeling from the EMF/electric association than the actual foreboding sensation..... the high EMF due to electric association is a pressure that is centered more in my neck/ears/head area, which makes me nauseated.... the actual feeling of foreboding definitely is centered in my solar plexus region (at times feeling nausious and light headed), moving outward from that point and blooming into a heaviness, esp. in my ears/head... I feel a distinct difference between the two.... anyone else???
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#19 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

Good point, Axman.... which leads me to want to ask about this:

I get a different feeling from the EMF/electric association than the actual foreboding sensation..... the high EMF due to electric association is a pressure that is centered more in my neck/ears/head area, which makes me nauseated.... the actual feeling of foreboding definitely is centered in my solar plexus region (at times feeling nausious and light headed), moving outward from that point and blooming into a heaviness, esp. in my ears/head... I feel a distinct difference between the two.... anyone else???

My own take on foreboding is not of physical distress as much as emotional. A feeling of uneasiness not nausiousness. I don't feel like vomiting or passsing out. Never felt light headed during the feeling, more overwhelmed. I would say there is definately a difference between the two! :blush:

-spider_rob
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#20 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

Yes, there is a difference between an emotional feeling and a physical feeling, although they can be related directly or indirectly. The brain can react emotionally to those aforementioned high EMFs but will not affect the physical body. A chemical odor can trigger an emotional response which in turn can carry to the physical body when enough of the chemical gets into the blood stream through the lungs.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#21 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

Another good point Axman.

#22 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:38 AM

My point was not the EMF. I am just saying that for me i know it was supernatural occurence.

-spider_rob :clap:
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#23 Ditz

Ditz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

It's happened a few times to me too. One place is just a field in Derby. The people I've know to either walk past it or walk into it feel really tired and scared for no reason. Whether or not its just becuase you can't see anything beneath you for the hight of the grass or whether its something else we're not sure yet.

#24 anthonycashmere

anthonycashmere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:56 AM

I wish I had some sort of the sensitivity you folks have :headbang: . Any beginner's exercises I can do to bring out this 'talent'?

You either got it or you don't !!! Try being opened minded about the supernatural like I am!! It helps alot!!

Anthony -

#25 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

I think everyone experiences these types of feelings in particular places. I agree, 100%, with Axman that at least some of these feelings can be attributed to EMF. I think the rest are basic, human intuition. I know that some would like to term these feelings as “special,” but through my years of being active in the paranormal and talking with countless other people both inside and outside of the paranormal community, I have found these feelings in particular places or instances to be universal human experience. I honestly can not recall one person I talked with about these matters that did not have at least one very vivid memory of such an experience, usually more and often repeatedly reported in particular places known to them.

Most interesting to me is the fact that those outside of the paranormal community that I spoke with regarding such experiences considered these feelings normal, “everyday” types of experiences - they simply took them as they were and moved on. They felt no need to further investigate them or to put a label on them. The term “sensitive," “psychic,” "paranormal experience" or any other label was not in their chosen vocabulary or a term used to put a meaning to their experiences. What a breath of fresh air. I’d just be quiet and listen to their stories and be happily in awe at how similar we all are as human beings, at least in this regard (and, in the realm of many other types of apparently paranormal experiences).

I will grant that the feelings, for some, seemingly are more profound and/or incorporating other sensory experiences. Call that what you will. Some here know my over-all beliefs regarding such matters and my history of chronically having to deal with them. However, I think the basic cause and response of such experiences is purely, humanly universal - the meaning (or, lack thereof) formed from them simply being a product of the mind-set of each person who experiences them.

:headbang:

Amanda

#26 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

I had one feeling that sticks out when ever I hear someone talk about this. It was in a place I had been many times before and never really had a bad experience, but this one perticular time I was in this building I got a real bad unwanted feeling, angry almost. It slowly got worse and worse and scared the heck out of me. Some other things happend that I dont remember all of it, but by the time I left I felt so unwanted and began to even become disorented. Almost lost in a building ive been in probally 20 times before. I couldnt remember what floor I was on ,floor after floor, and couldnt remember how to get out untill I just stoped and gatherd my thoughts for a few but even that felt like it was being over powerd.
Has anyone ever felt something like this before.
Naturally I dont tell anyone except for places like this because everyone just thinks im crazy when I talk about stuff like this. I know some of it was just my imagination but I know what I felt before, during , and after.

Edited by aftermidnight, 29 May 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#27 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

Hey guys, Just wanted to mention a place I get the foreboding feeling. There is a place up here in WI not too far from my house. Its called SUmmerwind. The house ( Mansion ) is gone now, but everynow and then when you step foot on the property, there is an overwelming sense of foreboding. It almost brings me to tears it gets so intense. Only one other place did that to me to me that bad. Muridale TB asylum in Wauwatosa, WI ( A suburb of milwaukee ). But anyhow, Yea every now and then I get that feeling that something just doesn't want me there, or Im not supposed to be there. Oh! And the High EMF readings causing the feeling, A "Fear Cage". They talk about that every so often on Ghost Hunters.ANyways Thanks guys!~Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users