• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:37 PM

I'm a firm believer that to say you practice white magick or black magick, is to limit your own spiritual growth. I'm not even sure I believe either of those is humanly possible to achieve in truth. Even if the intentions are pure, there are too many possibilities of mishaps along the way and things can go wrong, and people can get hurt.

For instance, when I found out my best friend was sleeping with my boyfriend, I wished many horrible things on her. I wished them so deeply, and completely consciously, that those things all came to pass. She's unable to have children of her own. Her husband left her, and she's been unable to stay in a healthy relationship, or even enter one for that matter. On the flip side of this mental spell, I was obsessed with her betrayal for many years. Perhaps that was my price to pay, perhaps I would have been obsessed with it regardless. But, I do not think, even if it WAS payment for my deeds, that it was a bad thing to endure, as I learned a great deal from the experience, emotionally and spiritually.

So, I pose the question... do you believe in the validity of a middle-platform of practice? Do any of you truly consider yourself white or black witches or practitioners of your path? To me, assigning colors to your practice is just as ridiculous as the government assigning colors to any 'national state of emergency'... what good does it do in the end?

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 03 April 2004 - 12:04 AM

there ain't noting black nor white, but it is all about our INTENTION!
Posted Image

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 April 2004 - 12:54 PM

the only time I myself use the terms "black" and "white" with regards to magick is when I'm trying to explain it to someone that is unfamiliar with Wicca, Witchcraft, etc, etc.  But I agree with you anasuya, it's kinda strange to colour code it.  After all, you could try to say...work love magick on a friend that requests it only to find them in the arms of an abusive person.  You meant well, but things worked out badly.  (this happened btw!)  You could be furious with someone and wish them ill intentionally or not, and it might turn out that the bad thing that happens to them be just what they needed to turn their life around.  Both examples are rare as far as I can tell, but it's like my friend says, all magick is more grey than anything else.  ;)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:53 PM

Both examples are rare as far as I can tell, but it's like my friend says, all magick is more grey than anything else.  ;)

Here! Here! This sums up the whole speech I had on the sub and myself as a witch but I have friends that tend to label themselves "White" or "Black" when it comes to their craft, I personally just see it as restricting and kinda juvenile, color coding sounds like something I did in elementary school ::)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#5 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

Good Point Ana.I think it's because we as humans are  rather visual!---It has more to do with intent.

#6 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

Ana,

Don't feel so much guilt for your thoughts, your friend did something wrong, if she would breach the your trust as a friend what did she breach with her husband  which is why she is probably having relationship problems. The inability to have children usually is a life time condition not one that came about by magic, magik or magical realism
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:44 PM

Thanks Masquerade. Sadly, though... I don't feel much guilt. lol. What's worse, is when I relay that story to others... they make me feel as though I SHOULD feel guilty, because if it WAS some sort of subconscious spell that I did that caused these things to happen to her, then it's "black magick" and evil. Labels really bug me, if you can't tell. Nothing in religion is so easy to diagnose as evil or good or black or white. Don't get me wrong, I don't go wishing horrible things on people on an everyday basis. That was, in fact, the only time I've ever done that... but at the same time, I'd do it again in a heartbeat if me or someone I love was wronged, and I wouldn't label it "black magick"... magick is magick, and it's the person performing it that twists it to and fro. But since people can't be so easily labeled as black and white... then neither can the Craft.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#8 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:33 AM

I agree...but like Vampchick said, I only usually use the colors when talking to people who are unfamiliar with Witchcraft. It's kinda goes along with the 'simple' explanations you give a child, lol. But honestly, it's just energy, and therefore, it's like everything else...it is up to the person who is casting the spell rather than the spell itself. Among OTHER practitioners I don't say the colors as I persume to think that THEY also realize that there is really no such thing as that, lol. But above else, I DO believe that whatever you do, you get it back three times (or more), so THAT'S the rule I always adher to when I do my 'thang', lol ;D

#9 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

Yes Shellas13!

#10 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:00 AM

there ain't noting black nor white, but it is all about our INTENTION!

exaclty.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#11 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

Yes. what your friend did was very wrong, but after that incident and her life started going down the drain.... it depends on you ? Are you happy that her life is upside down now? or are you sad because your wish might of came true ????
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#12 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:39 AM

shellas13, it's cool that you use the colors to explain it, but it maybe easier to say all magik is grey and it depends on what's in your heart when you do it that makes it evil or good. ;)

Posted Image

#13 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:05 AM

Pandora, I love Spike, he is a hottie, sorry for getting off the subject..continue.....
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#14 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:14 AM

LOL Same here as of course you saw. *ahem* ;D

Posted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:39 AM

ahhh... Pandz is here, so we have THE expert! ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users