• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ryan002

ryan002

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

What does everyone think about paranormal sightings occuring after a 10-20 degree drop in temperature?
Ryan"If the Dead can't rest in peace, how on Earth can the living?"

#2 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:13 PM

I don't understand the question.

Do you mean that you have a theory that there is an increase in paranormal sightings after a 10-20 degree drop in temperature (and in what time frame, etc.) or do you mean that when you're about to see something the temperature drops suddenly in the immediate vicinity?

Honestly, I don't think much of it either way. I've experienced "hot" entities as well as "cold" entities and entities that feel like human temperature. It's all in how they are working things to do what they want to do.

One thing that has happened to me consistently, however, is when an entity is "borrowing" energy from me I will be absolutely frozen to death... with no change in ambient temperature or my temperature (we've checked on this more than once with laser thermometers when I've commented that someone's tapping my energy and I'm freezing again).

#3 ryan002

ryan002

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

When you're about to see a paranormal sighting that it is preceded by a drop in temperature.
Ryan"If the Dead can't rest in peace, how on Earth can the living?"

#4 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hi ryan...first of all, welcome to GV. I don't know if I saw your Meet & Greet post or not.

Now to answer your question (or at least the question I think you're asking)...
There is a theory out there that spirits need energy in order to manifest. So if they are attempting to communicate or to materialize they will draw energy from anything they can, be it batteries, electronic equipment, the air, or even people. This can result in a drop in air temperature or body temperature, I suppose (heat is energy, after all).

I hope this helps and makes sense!
Posted Image

#5 sweetmamadot777

sweetmamadot777

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality , Ghost history , Angels , My Family and my two wee doggies xx

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

Hi ryan...first of all, welcome to GV. I don't know if I saw your Meet & Greet post or not.

Now to answer your question (or at least the question I think you're asking)...
There is a theory out there that spirits need energy in order to manifest. So if they are attempting to communicate or to materialize they will draw energy from anything they can, be it batteries, electronic equipment, the air, or even people. This can result in a drop in air temperature or body temperature, I suppose (heat is energy, after all).

I hope this helps and makes sense!

Thanks AnnieV for that explanation, it makes perfect sense to me...I hadn't thought of it before, and I do remember feeling cold the morning I seen my dog. I had put it down to the airvent in my bedroom window being open!
Hi Ryan, Welcome to G V, you will find many kind and sincere folks here, I hope you enjoy your stay with us, and thanks for posting the question, it helped me out too ! Cheers xx :)
Life isn't about waiting for the sun.It's about learning to dance in the rain

#6 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

What About the Cold Spots?
Cold is the absence of energy (think of outer space). We know from many reports of spirits and my own experiences that spirits can manipulate energy around them. They can also move objects and things. So, not only could you be feeling the spirit themselves (cold spots), but, might be feeling the manipulation of that energy.

If a spirit is "energy" then there would not also be a cold spot at the same spot. With all I've witnessed the cold spot is being picked up in an area not exactly the same spot as the EMF detector reading. Thus confirming that the energy is the area affected by the spirit, not the spirit itself, and the cold spot would be the mass that we call a spirit.

This was copy from Edward Shanahan's, Theory on Spirit of Paranormal, from the Ghost Chronicles Feb 1,08
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

And to throw a wrench into the works, temperature increases have also been recorded.

I can buy the above statements if they are repeatable in terms of data.

#8 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

What About the Cold Spots?
Cold is the absence of energy (think of outer space). We know from many reports of spirits and my own experiences that spirits can manipulate energy around them. They can also move objects and things. So, not only could you be feeling the spirit themselves (cold spots), but, might be feeling the manipulation of that energy.

If a spirit is "energy" then there would not also be a cold spot at the same spot. With all I've witnessed the cold spot is being picked up in an area not exactly the same spot as the EMF detector reading. Thus confirming that the energy is the area affected by the spirit, not the spirit itself, and the cold spot would be the mass that we call a spirit.

This was copy from Edward Shanahan's, Theory on Spirit of Paranormal, from the Ghost Chronicles Feb 1,08

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're trying to say here, but I think the basis of this theory has definate possibilites. However, cold does not mean the absence of energy, it simply means that the particles in the air (or whatever object you're measuring the temperature of) have slowed significantly enough to register a change in temperature. And I would like to apologize for an incorrect statment I made a few posts up...heat is not the same thing as energy...heat is actually a biproduct of energy, and typically holds more potential energy than cold, due to the more rapid rate of the movement of particles.

Furthermore, outer space is not cold because it is completely devoid of energy. Contrary to popular belief, space is not a perfect vacuum. It consists of particles (although much lower in density than even the air that we breathe), predominately hydrogen and electromagnetic radiation.

Because of the science, I am inclined to agree whole-heartedly with the conclusion that a cold spot is not the spirit itself, but rather the area that the spirit is drawing energy from.

Have I made any sense? lol
Posted Image

#9 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

If anyone want to read the whole story it's in the feature section of ghost croncicles feb 2008. I just copy a part that seemed relavant.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#10 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Wow AnnieV! Very good explanation! I know nothing of how energy is drawn from ghosts, but I do remember when I was coming up the stairs and walked thru the area where I saw and apparition and it was like instant goose bumps.. got so cold all the sudden... in the middle of summer.
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users