• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

I usually just go with my own associations rather than more traditional ones in dream interpretation, but I once read a traditional-sounding interp for fish in dreams that actually made sense with my occasional fish dreams, only for the life of me I can't remember what it was, and I've just had one of those again. See, I from time to time have dreams of sick or dying fish that I need to help. In this last case, the fish seemed to be dying from having consumed plastic items. One of them spit up a camera lens, and though I was pleased to receive such an expensive and useful item for free, I was still concerned about the poor fish (which was actually smaller than the lens, one of those big things that go on professional-grade SLR cameras). Incidentally there were actually many other fish of varying sizes, rather uncomfortably crowded into various small tanks and ponds, all suffering from much the same complaint.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thats an interesting dream for sure.

Im no expert on dream interpretation but I know the drams about fish relate to religion and God, but as for choking Im not too sure.

Looking forward to hearing of other (and better) explanations.

Mark :)

#3 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

Most of the information I have found talk about fish as a symbol for your wealth - if you're seeing lots of healthy fish, wealth flows easily towards you - but with the sick fish it sounds as though things are getting in the way of your prosperity - or at least you are worried that it is. Are you facing career choices? Feeling locked in some way? Expensive camera hobby (lol on that one)?

I'll check around some more . . .

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Dead fish in dreams are symbols of disappointment. The fact that the one you mention coughs up a camera lense that is larger than itself it interesting - because you were pleased at the free item, but felt bad over the fish being sick and dying. You received an item useful to yourself but it came from disappointment. To me this would suggest that something is bothering you and is upseting to you, but you know on an intellectual level that something good will come of it - if you have the strength to get past the difficult time. Any other details would be helpful to further interpret this, and as always feel free to p.m. me with questions about your dream.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

I've had lots of dreams in the past about fish. Many dreams were of large gaping dug-up basements, only much larger and about 20ft deep, filled with water, and these massive sized fish, like tuna. I was more afraid of the fish than anything, afraid of the sheer size.

I've had other fish dreams involving a lake, with a very shallow area, dark, muddy, murky waters, and large fish hidden within the water.

I tend to have dark dreams about lakes in general, having to swim to shore due to falling out of a boat, and being afraid that I would get my feet stuck on unseen logs under water. Or just hating the sensation of feeling fish swim by or feeling my legs and feet hit things underwater where I can't see them.

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

Well, usually seeing food fish is a good omen, and the bigger the fish, the better the outcome. But the murky water in the basements and lakes represent disappointment. You jumping into the water and swimming through it to safety on shore would suggest that you are aware of your difficulties and are working through them. The good omen of the fish is telling you that things will turn out wonderfully for you.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:00 AM

Dead fish in dreams are symbols of disappointment. The fact that the one you mention coughs up a camera lense that is larger than itself it interesting - because you were pleased at the free item, but felt bad over the fish being sick and dying. You received an item useful to yourself but it came from disappointment. To me this would suggest that something is bothering you and is upseting to you, but you know on an intellectual level that something good will come of it - if you have the strength to get past the difficult time. Any other details would be helpful to further interpret this, and as always feel free to p.m. me with questions about your dream.

This actually *does* make a fair amount of sense, thank you. I've had some things happen recently that have caused me to view myself and my way of interacting with others in a much harsher light, and while I keep trying to tell myself that a sincere impetus toward self-improvement ought to be a good thing, it just, well, really hurts, and it's hard not to feel like if I've made too many mistakes to be forgiven maybe it's not even worth it to know.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users