We saw A REAL mermaid!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:56 PM

People don't start fighting!!!

Leonie started it!!!!

(We're not really fighting, leonie is my friend :))

Lol Ill let you keep thinking that :P

Just kidding.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:19 PM

Man, step away from Village for just a moment and look at you two! Tsk! We have a serious sighting of an aquatic humanoid, and here you guys are fighting.

Aww who am I kidding! Love to see the pics, but taking Shawns side on this one!

Oh, Leonie, went back and looked at the posts......... You did start it!

Nothing but love, Scott
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#18 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

ooo yeah, that would be awesome. Even if you don't feel that posting it here is morally right, I'd be curious to see if she'd let you blow it up on the puter to get a closer look. Could she have been up to her waist in water? I think the first thing people will try to do is de-bunk it. But if you can post it, that would be so worth taking a peek at.
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

#19 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

I'd also love to see this "mermaid" if at all possible in getting the capture on your computer and you need help posting it, dont hesitate in asking me for assistance :clap:
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#20 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

People don't start fighting!!!

Leonie started it!!!!

(We're not really fighting, leonie is my friend :D)

Lol Ill let you keep thinking that :P

Just kidding.

Geez, you two fight like brother and sister!

I'd love to see the pictures, too. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't want to take a closer look with some computer software...unless she's trying to pull one over on you... :clap: ...which wouldn't make her a very good friend, imo.
Posted Image

#21 pentangle princess

pentangle princess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

Look shes not good with cameras and does not wish for this to get out. Therefore i decide to close this topic and if i ever do get the pics i will post, well maybe.

#22 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:25 AM

I want to see them too!

My daughter loves mermaids. She swears she was once one and now is a landwalker.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#23 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

A mermaid in a cold lake in the UK in February...brrrrr. Just curious, what lake/area was that from? My mother had something strange come out in a photo in a lake in North England many many years ago.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#24 pentangle princess

pentangle princess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

BAD_WORD it my friends sis WIPED the camera now i,m annoyed. But really i know whhat i saw so maybe i,ll go down and take a look sometime soon and try get my own picture

#25 edelweiss

edelweiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading sword and sorcery books, golfing,watching t.v.,learning new things about almost anything,and of course spending time with family and friends.<br /><br />I recently started running and working out to get myself into better shape, but that is hard because I am not a healthy eater.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

Seeing these pictures would just be awesome.

>>>Keep your head up.<<<~2 Pac

#26 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

Now, you say that you saw, in the lake, the upper half of a woman.

Was there any sign of the lower half of her body being that of a fish?

See, here is my thinking. Not to discount your story or anything. But only seeing the upper-half of a woman, isn't really enough to be positive that it's a mermaid.

It could actually have been a number of things. Like, a normal human being for example. Since it is a lake, and lakes usually do have a number of people populated around them.

It could also have been an undine, a water spirit.

Like I said, not to discount your story or anything. But how were you able to tell that it was a mermaid?
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#27 witchiepoo

witchiepoo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

This just sounds too bogus. if it to good to be true it probly is.
Sorry but I don't like teaser and if you can't prove it you never should have never got ppl's hope up. IMHO I just think its wrong to do that. So be real.

#28 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

Oh, Leonie, went back and looked at the posts......... You did start it!

Your supposed to be a friend *sobs* :blush:

Geez, you two fight like brother and sister!

Rather that than a married couple...

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

I thought mermaids only lived in the ocean??????????

Can you say HOAX???????

What's going on here lately? The integrity seems to be lacking. I'm really disappointed.

Kira :hug:
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#30 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

If mermaids exsist in the ocean why shouldnt they exsist in a lake or other body of water?

Leonie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users