Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Strange Creatures

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Strange Creatures

Which of these creatures do you believe exist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Have you ever seen one of these?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

I watched a documentary on bigfoot a while ago as I am very interested in him.
And an imprint of a bigfoot was found in mud, as if he had been laying down and also.

Any video's I've ever seen of "Bigfoot" look strangely like a large human in an ape suit. Whatever they catch always walks/runs and has mannerisms that are more human-like than an animal who lives in the wilderness. Plus, how come there are no baby bigfoots? For it to live that long, there would have to be at least some families of them so they could reproduce. If there was a bigfoot, he/she surely would have been "caught" by now with present day technology

The way the bigfoot walks in one of the videos captured of it. one of the earliest ones which werent easily dubbed I dont believe, is not like any human could walk, The knee bends in in the way a humans cant.

And also I have seen footage of a big foot running across a steep hill, and near the end of the capture it slows down and "grows" about a foot as if a head or something is popping up as if it thinks it has cover. Experts have sugested they carry the babies on their back.

I do believe in the bigfoot more than the loch ness monster, and its easy to believe in the bigfoot as it could easily hide from prying eyes.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Robbie-Relapse

Robbie-Relapse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting, Roleplaying, Harry Potter,

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:04 AM

I voted Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster.

Though I've never seen either, I do believe that they could be there. There's infinite possibilities of what they could be.

Bigfoot... I think it could be just a species of more-evolved ape that we know nothing about. I also came up with this insane theory when I was little, probably six or seven, that they were residual ghosts of unevolved man, possibly homo habilis, because we are primates, whether we adknoledge it or not.

Nessie... I've been fascinated by Nessie since my grandfather's first story of her. My grandfather was born in Hamilton, Scotland, and came to the US when he was nearly 20. He was telling me about how he once thought he saw it, and never went back, but always regreted it. Since then, I've read countless books on the subject of sea monsters, and the like. From a skeptic's point of view, I think it could be a giant eel. Fish are known to grow to the size of their tank, possibly bigger. The loch is over twenty-three miles long, and extremely deep. Eel are like snakes, they have full muscle control, and since we've only seen Nessie from the neck up, in even the most reliable of pictures, I think it's a possibility.

From a true believer's point of view, there are a few possibilities. A haunting, possibly a pleasiasaur from the pre-historic era, who would fit the description of the monster. A Kelpie, a mythological creature, often taking the form of a black unicorn when it's not impersonating. Kelpie are shapeshifters, and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. I think there's a whole world we've not yet seen.

So yeah, there's my two cents.

<3Robbie

#18 A.L.E.X.

A.L.E.X.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Love horror movies and being scared. Want to experience ghost activity but I ain't touching no Ouija board.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

Bigfoot I think exists. There are so many sightings from all over the world not just here in the USA. The yeti, abominable snowman, bigfoot, sasquatch whatever you call it it's here. Just think, there's a lot of land that has not been checked especially in the northwest. I wouldn't doubt that if you camped out in the really deep woods like 200 miles from any sort of civilization for a month you'll find something. The only problem is who would be willing to hike that deep with all that gear and possibly getting lost for good. No one's ever found bigfoot's bones or feces yet but like I said there's a lot of untapped land. Who knows deep enough you may even find a group of them in some underground cave. Unless, we are all wrong and it's just a multi-generation of an inbred family with really bad genetic deficiencies. (playing dueling banjos)
"Live or die...make your choice."

#19 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

I chose Nessie and Bigfoot, although I've never seen either.

As far as zombies go, I don't believe in the movie version of them at all. I do believe that certain individuals are drugged with puffer fish toxin called tetrodotoxin which severely arrests the heart and brain for a certain amount of time and then those folks are "revived" with a voodoo ceremony.

Vampirism is more likely a medical condition, and not like the mythology, although there are folks who gather together to do that sort of thing consentingly.

With all the animal life that's being found of late, I wouldn't be surprised if there were creatures such as lake "monsters" leviathans and big foot. You just never know.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#20 ChrisR

ChrisR

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal<br />My Suzuki GSX-R600<br />Football<br />Sharks<br />Industrial &amp; Trance Music

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

I think Nessie could be a very large, very old sturgeon. The original theory was that it was a large fish when the sightings started in the late 19th century, plus one was caught at the entrance of the Caledonian canal which flows into Loch Ness back in 1872. The same could be true of Bala Lake in North Wales where a monster which has a description matching a large sturgeon has been seen.
Posted Image

#21 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

I think Nessie could be a very large, very old sturgeon. The original theory was that it was a large fish when the sightings started in the late 19th century, plus one was caught at the entrance of the Caledonian canal which flows into Loch Ness back in 1872. The same could be true of Bala Lake in North Wales where a monster which has a description matching a large sturgeon has been seen.

I feel it is a strong possibility. I recall the expeditions where they took underwater photos and captured a "flipper" from a creature. Incidentally a sturgeons fins closely resemble that "flipper". Back around 25 years ago (long before computer enhancing and Photoshop), I recall a picture in the newspaper of a sturgeon that had been found on the shore of a lake in the northwest US, either Oregon or Washington state. That fish was around 25 feet in length.

Edited by Axman, 29 April 2008 - 05:42 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#22 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

Remember when the giant squid was considered folkore? It's now science fact, and part of the diet of many large whales.

There is so much unexplored territory in the world's oceans, seas, and other waterways.

A giant sturgeon could be the explanation for Nessie. Only time will tell. :)

This is a fascinating thread. I'm enjoying it very much. :)
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#23 ChrisR

ChrisR

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal<br />My Suzuki GSX-R600<br />Football<br />Sharks<br />Industrial &amp; Trance Music

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

I feel it is a strong possibility. I recall the expeditions where they took underwater photos and captured a "flipper" from a creature. Incidentally a sturgeons fins closely resemble that "flipper". Back around 25 years ago (long before computer enhancing and Photoshop), I recall a picture in the newspaper of a sturgeon that had been found on the shore of a lake in the northwest US, either Oregon or Washington state. That fish was around 25 feet in length.

I believe the largest sturgeon on record is a 28ft 200+ year old specimen caught in Russia in the 19th century so that 25 footer sounds genuine. One story that backs up Nessie being a sturgeon is that of Stafford Lake in Novoto, California where there were many sightings of a monster. In August 1984 the water had to be completely drained away temporarily to allow repairs to a local dam and they discovered an 8ft 50 year old sturgeon that had been living in the lake. It was rescued and given a place of honour at an aquarium in San Fransisco.

It's interesting what you said about the zombies / puffer fish toxin Maelinde, I've heard stories from Japan of people 'dying' and being buried alive after eating puffer fish.
Posted Image

#24 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

It's interesting what you said about the zombies / puffer fish toxin Maelinde, I've heard stories from Japan of people 'dying' and being buried alive after eating puffer fish.

Even experienced sushi chefs in Japan can't always prepare puffer fish properly and someone gets very ill or dies. I believe people have to sign a release waiver before even being able to order the puffer fish sushi there...

In Haiti the tetrodotoxin is harvested from puffer fish and dried into a powder and used often in voodoo ceremonies to "create" a zombie.

Puffer Fish can be found near several tropical or warm waters. They're cute little buggers, but very dangerous indeed.

#25 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

I voted for Bigfoot and Nessie.

I think one day hard evidence of both will become available, especially Nessie, there are other locations in the world that clams a creature similar to her. Heck they are finding living animals that were thought extinct all the time.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#26 edelweiss

edelweiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading sword and sorcery books, golfing,watching t.v.,learning new things about almost anything,and of course spending time with family and friends.<br /><br />I recently started running and working out to get myself into better shape, but that is hard because I am not a healthy eater.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

I voted I believe that the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot are real eventhough I have never seen them. I mean with all the sightings of these two they have to be somewhat real or else their are just to many crazy people seeing the same things. I feel that Bigfoot is probably some form of ape and Nessie is direct decendent of the dinosaurs. I really don't know how they have been able to make it this long without getting caught yet, but stranger things have happened. These two may know something about avoiding humans so they don't have to deal with all of the tests that would be preformed on them and for that I give them credit.

>>>Keep your head up.<<<~2 Pac

#27 Jamieayla

Jamieayla

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

There are a million species of animals out there that we don't know exist. There are probably species going extinct that we never even knew were there. I believe that anything is possible.

#28 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Howabout the Cookie Monster ? :D

#29 Wildman

Wildman

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

Older topic, yes I know. But I saw the poll and cast my vote in it.

I voted for Bigfoot & Loch Ness Monster.

I have never seen the Loch Ness Monster or any of the other creatures that are said to resemble it. (Morag, Ogopogo, Champ, Cressie, Bear Lake Monster, etc.) But I have seen a Sasquatch before, which is what brought me into the world of Sasquatch research & has kept me interested in it for the last 15 years. My sighting took place in the province of Alberta, Canada in the summer of 1995.

Occurrence: I was camping with a group of friends at an unnamed camping spot (I am not withholding the name, the place we were camped just has no name) along highway 734 in the mountains of northwestern Alberta. The first few days of camping was rather uneventful, other than a friend taking a header down a shale scree slope & someone accidently setting their tent on fire. In the middle of the week my friends decided to head off to a small lake that was suppossedly in the area, I chose to take my .22 caliber rifle out and going hunting for squirrels. I spent the day roaming around the area, never further that 2-3 kilometers from camp. About midday I decided that enough innocent wildlife had died at my hands & started back towards camp. I was walking along a well used game trail through the woods that went past a small hill, as I came around the front of this hill I heard a noise behind me. I turned to look, and that was when I spotted the creature. It was standing near a long ago fallen tree & was looking at me. The exact emotion I felt was not quite fear, it was more that cold, numb feeling you get when your brain is trying grasp the situation at hand. The creature would look at me for a few seconds then look away, it repeated this a couple of times. After what seemed like minutes, but what actually more like 30-45 seconds the creature began to chatter its teeth. Moments after this I heard a stick snap in the woods behind me and I instinctivly turned to look, when I glanced back to where the creature was standing I see that it is retreating into the woods. After the creature is out of sight, I began to become fearful. Suddenly that 2-3 kilometers from camp seemed alot further than it did before, I made it back without incident but I was nervous the entire way. The rest of the trip passed by very slowly for me, I wished that I was anywhere but where I was. My friends noticed the change in my demeanor, I just told them I was not feeling well. In a way, that was true.

Description: I would estimate the height of this creature to be between six & a half (6.5) to seven (7) feet in height. The creature seemed rather lanky almost like it was underfed, but not to the point of being unhealthy. The coloring of the creature was light grey.

I had always considered Sasquatch to be an interesting Native myth & was interested in the stories for the entertainment value they provided. Not until this day did I actually believe they were real. It was quite disconcerting to come face to face with a mythical creature turned reality, in such short a time.

Sorry for the long post. If you have read this far, thank you. I hope you found it interesting.

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

Wildman, that is an interesting encounter. wish you could photograph it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users