15 replies to this topic

#1 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:44 PM

:Dheres a funny lil question: i 've heard people mention when you die you goto heavens golden gates. and also people saying when you die you go to the pearly white gates. will i'm wondering which is it?........lol i'm hoping for pearly gates if i find there is a heaven because i hate the color gold! i was just wondering what you guys think is it the pearly white gates of the golden gates of heaven?
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#2 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:28 PM

I've no idea which it is, but pearly white gates reminds me of teeth... Not sure I want that just after I die

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:35 PM

Only those who pass through them know for sure :P

Personally, I think it's just trying to say that heaven is more glorious than any earthly palace, after all GOD is the Monarch of the Universe, right?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:29 AM

yeah, Aloha has a point there!
Posted Image

#5 Chula6971

Chula6971

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:38 PM

well gold does come in the color white..so maybe it's pearly white golden gates..lol
;D

I've learned you can't make someone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to.

#6 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:52 AM

i dont know... ill find out when i get there...
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:28 PM

Cool question, Rattie ;D
I think the gate's just a symbolic image, some will be barred after all*LOL*Since I'm a medieval buff, I'm kind of hoping for a drawbridge 8)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#8 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:40 AM

What? and the moat opens up into hell? so all peter has to do is give you a little nudge off the edge if you don't meet the grade? :P

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#9 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 12 March 2004 - 11:03 AM

I'd better bring rope and grappling hooks!  ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#10 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 11:48 AM

well the new popular belief, is the whole "elevator up" and Elevator "Down" thing, although me, myself, I'm looking forward to sweeping plains, and forests, where my ancestors wait for me.

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:34 AM

Mel...well, Luv, its better than burning pitch ;D

Fly...shhhhh, I'll get in if I have to storm the walls<I was planning on crossbow/longbow with rope attached>

I think a lot of cultures/faiths hold the notion of some sort of Judgment by the Divine...I'm not sure I believe that, personally I believe in a loving God, so can't really
see an eternal punishment<Mel, I guess that means you spend a few hundred years in the moat 8)>
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#12 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 10:30 AM

we all need recognition- and what better recognition than divine judgement?
I think its worrying that Heaven seems to have become a fortress... its not like its a pretty palace even...

#13 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 March 2004 - 10:11 PM

I'm looking forward to sweeping plains, and forests, where my ancestors wait for me.

I totally agree!  Nature has produced Cathedrals more spectacular than anything mortals can create.

I hope the whole "sea of glass" thing in the Book of Revelation is mere symbolism.  For me, it would be hell without at least a few trees, a quiet pond, and gorgeous mountains.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#14 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 04:15 AM

well, many people that have been clinically dead and 'came back' said that they saw a luminous, white light and going through a tunnel and that they felt immense peace, so much so that many people resented being brought back to their physical reality!

Looks like we've got something to look forward to, guys!

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 March 2004 - 05:50 AM

need sun glass?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users