Good Luck Charms

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:16 PM

Rabbit's foot, 4 leafed clover, coin, etc.

What's your's?
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:43 PM

a silver necklace with a charm of a gold and silver kitty (to specificly represent two kitties i lost a few years ago...as long as i wear it my other kitties will always be safe and protected no matter where i go) :)
and a hand crafted wooden stake because you just never know <_<
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:56 PM

Actually, I consider my wedding ring to be my lucky charm. Funny thing, we purchased our wedding rings at a pawn shop, each selecting the ring we liked rather than spending money we didn't have at a jewlery store. The one I picked out just felt 'right'.

Mine is actually too big for my finger, so I put a sizer on it. I'd get it resized, but honestly, I'm terrified bad things will happen if I take it off longer than it takes me to shower or dye my hair.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:05 PM

I don't believe in luck, so I don't carry one. I'm not terribly superstitious.
petunia4998

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

I dont carry any, neither do I believe in any.

Luck is just a windfall that happens when we do the right things at right time in the right way. Getting all these alligned is by itself LUCKY.
Posted Image

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:28 PM

Normally I'd agree with you Moon, when I'm being practical and rational. :) Which admittedly isn't often......lol.

But I'm still not takin off the wedding ring, not even to size it down so it actually fits! I'm not sure I can easily define here just why I consider it 'lucky', but it's not the kind of luck that one associates with say, gambling or anything like that. Just something about the ring gives a feeling of peace and security in my day to day life.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:31 PM

:) I have a ring too, that was given by my mom, and it represent her. No lucky charm, just a symbolization.
Posted Image

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:11 PM

I carry a small vial of olive oil "just in case" (it's used to give priesthood blessings).

My home is more protected - ti leafs, Hawaiian sea salt, tiki statues (not that I believe in the tiki).

As far as a good luck charm itself, I don't think I really have one. My faith in humanity and in my religion keep me positive.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:54 PM

I have been known to hang a horseshoe over the door to my house (not the one I'm in now), with the legs up so the luck doesn't run out. I do have an old fashioned key from my Grandmother's old house. I keep it in a drawer but I don't have it as a good luck charm. I keep it because it has memories attached.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#10 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:43 PM

I dont have any luck charms...But I think its fun to have...
I do wear this gold chain w/the letter D on it that my husband got me everyday..I also wear my wedding ring everyday..And when its not on my finger I feel that theres something missing.... :D
"You only get 1 shot!"

#11 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:26 PM

and a hand crafted wooden stake because you just never know <_<

good idea lula! you never know when those vampires'll sneak up on you!

my good luck charm is this celtic pendant that my mom got for me while she was in england this summer. i got good grades on my finals while wearing it so i assume its lucky. either that or i'm a genius.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

As a hockey fan (sobbing quietly), I have a lot of rather odd superstitions surrounding my team and their success during the season.

If my father watches a game, particularly during playoffs, and the Leafs lose, Daddy can't watch anymore.

One year, I banned my beloved grandfather from calling me during a game because whenever he did, the Leafs lost.

During the Salt Lake Olympics in 2002, my hubby bought me a Team Canada Jersey. I wore it the first time for a Leafs game, they lost. Then I wore it during the opening Olympic game between Canada and Sweden. Sweden cleaned the ice with us, and now it is NEVER worn during a game.

My Leafs jersey has only been washed once....they lost when I did. Took a while to win again after that.

I was knitting an afgan when the Leafs went on a team record 16 games straight without a loss. I knitted as much as possible after that during a game! Even a pointless little square.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

As a hockey fan (sobbing quietly), I have a lot of rather odd superstitions surrounding my team and their success during the season.

If my father watches a game, particularly during playoffs, and the Leafs lose, Daddy can't watch anymore.

One year, I banned my beloved grandfather from calling me during a game because whenever he did, the Leafs lost.

During the Salt Lake Olympics in 2002, my hubby bought me a Team Canada Jersey. I wore it the first time for a Leafs game, they lost. Then I wore it during the opening Olympic game between Canada and Sweden. Sweden cleaned the ice with us, and now it is NEVER worn during a game.

My Leafs jersey has only been washed once....they lost when I did. Took a while to win again after that.

I was knitting an afgan when the Leafs went on a team record 16 games straight without a loss. I knitted as much as possible after that during a game! Even a pointless little square.

That's funny because I started wearing my Red Sox cap during Game 4 of the AL playoffs the Sox won I wore it every day from there on out. The Sox came back from a 3-0 deficit and won 8 in a row to become 2004 series champs. I'm wearing the hat through the next season. Maybe they can make it 2 years in arow!

#14 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:16 PM

I'm hoping that

1. The NHL HAS a season next year.....

2. That I FINALLY hit on the ONE thing that will bring the Leafs the first Stanley Cup since 1967!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#15 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:21 AM

I don't really have a good luck charm..but I desperately need one.
Actually, Kevin bought me a beautiful amethyst ring in Vegas, so I will consider that my good luck charm for now. Kevin was carrying Gris Gris mojo bags in his right pocket while we were in Vegas, and he did rather well.
:lol:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users