Good Luck Charms

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

I don't have anything I specifically wear or carry because of luck, but I do have a lot of little odds ends that have emotional attachments to me. I also have objects that are of magickal properties or help me focus.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#17 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:01 PM

i agree with anyone who said that something they wore wasn't exactly a good luck charm but something that represents something.... personally i have something that i feel naked and like a piano is going to fall on my head if i leave it at home....
my now ex-boyfriend is pegan, and when we first started a relationship he gave me a pentacle with a panther on the top, and 3 yrs later i still wear it even tho we recently broke up.... i am not the superstitious type( i own loads of black cats even born on Halloween, Friday 13th days are my best) but it is a comfort to wear it....
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#18 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:14 PM

Rosaries given to me by my grandmother, falls more into the sentimental catagory but they make me feel safe...like she's watching out for me
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#19 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:43 PM

Today is a friends birthday, so I've decided to make a good luck charm for him- one primarilly aimed at warding off fairies, as this is what I know most about. I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to come together, but I have a rowan twig, red ribbon, a small bottle of salt, and I'm going to try and add a needle or other such thing with iron in. It will only be small, hopefully small enough to fit in a pocket- but I can't really tell yet. I decided against trying to incorporate bread, graveyard mould or holy water - though I was tempted by the Isle of mann tradition of the straw man dipped in holy water - and I'll just have to tell him about jumping a stream or turning his coat inside out :)

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#20 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:55 PM

I guess everyone would probably agree that good luck charms are more like comfort charms than anything.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#21 moonwolf

moonwolf

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

i have a caltic cross that i have used for protection, i also have a clada that my mother has given me and a ST. florian my father gave me
ST. florian= protecter of the fire fighters

#22 lissasoldhouse

lissasoldhouse

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Cheerleading,Tumbling,Music,SystemOfADown,Supernatural Stuff,GHOSTVILLAGE!<br /><br />THE JONAS BROTHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

i have a little silver gecko and panda. :bluebounce: :whoohoo: ;) :redbounce: :greenbounce: :brownbounce:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" name="flashplayer" src="http://i251.photobuc...Disney World!!" quality="high" width="260" height="210" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="samedomain"></embed><br><a href="http://www.wishafrie...com/countdown/" target="new">

#23 lissasoldhouse

lissasoldhouse

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Cheerleading,Tumbling,Music,SystemOfADown,Supernatural Stuff,GHOSTVILLAGE!<br /><br />THE JONAS BROTHERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:56 PM

i have a t-shirt that i bought of cherokee indians. everytime i where it i have good luck.
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" name="flashplayer" src="http://i251.photobuc...Disney World!!" quality="high" width="260" height="210" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="samedomain"></embed><br><a href="http://www.wishafrie...com/countdown/" target="new">

#24 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:39 PM

Today is a friends birthday, so I've decided to make a good luck charm for him- one primarilly aimed at warding off fairies, as this is what I know most about.  I'm not entirely sure how it's all going to come together, but I have a rowan twig, red ribbon, a small bottle of salt, and I'm going to try and add a needle or other such thing with iron in.  It will only be small, hopefully small enough to fit in a pocket- but I can't really tell yet.  I decided against trying to incorporate bread, graveyard mould or holy water - though I was tempted by the Isle of mann tradition of the straw man dipped in holy water - and I'll just have to tell him about jumping a stream or turning his coat inside out :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi mellilotflower
I was wondering why your freind needs to ward off fairies? Are they disturbing him in some way? I would love to hear the story if there is any... Perhaps in the fairy thread so we dont go offcourse here? Thanks in advance if you care to share :purplebounce:
Simmy

#25 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

From time to time i have carried Crystals..different crystals promote differnt things.. I have done this..

#26 lissasoldhouse

lissasoldhouse

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:58 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi mellilotflower
I was wondering why your freind needs to ward off fairies? Are they disturbing him in some way? I would love to hear the story if there is any... Perhaps in the fairy thread so we dont go offcourse here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah that sounds like a good idea

#27 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

bump.
I have a medicine bag.It has various stone, white feather and alittle bit of this and that. with a cross and an angel.
It hangs in my car from my rear veiw mirror.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#28 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

Getting close to 3 years old on this thread. I forgot about it! :(
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#29 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

I wear my medic alert bracelet... I'd call that a good luck charm!
Love life.

#30 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

I rarely leave the house without choosing 1-2 crystals to carry with me for the day. I lost one of my citrines again! Maybe it's trying to tell me that I've worn it out. Strange.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users