• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I agree with Leonie--for me they're basically for comfort. I have a smooth quartz stone that I always carry with me, mainly because it's just nice as kind of a "worry stone." But I also sort of think of it as a good luck charm, even though I really don't actually associate it with good luck specifically.

(On the other hand, who knows how much worse my luck would be if I *didn't* carry it around?)

I also carry a Rosary with me when I fly, but that's probably more out of superstition than as a good luck thing.

#62 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:43 AM

I have a magatama that I carved from soapstone and wear sometimes on a leather cord. Traditionally it's the symbol of the soul, but for some reason I've come to associate at least this particular magatama with serendipitous finds.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#63 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

I have a couple of good luck songs. Working with high voltage equipment most of my life--it doesn't pay to have too much stuff on your person.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#64 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

I am not very superstitious, but I like to keep a penny on me at all times, and for whatever reason, it has to be older than 1980. Don't ask me why...just one of those silly little nuances I have.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#65 drflavio309

drflavio309

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

I passed this one over a few times, but finally had to post here, I have had a hobby of racing dirt track cars for the better part of my adult life, and some drivers are really bad about good luck charms and such, but me...... well I never paid much mind to them, as I put left foot first into the car, and I really never think about it much as I buckle my belts left to right, nor do I have any little charms that I fiddle with as I touch my helmet to the steering wheel 3 times...... superstitions or charms???? who needs one.....
the dr.

#66 darkdragonfaiery

darkdragonfaiery

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

My 'lucky" charm is a pendant w/ some animal hide in it and a keychain thing w/ some of my son's hair in it. Both were blessed by a medicine man and was given to me right before I left for Iraq. I had lots of close calls, got knocked around pretty bad, and got injured on more than one occasion. But I managed to make it back to my son in one piece. I still carry the keychain in my backpack, my son laughs at me now, but I will always maintain that me coming back in one piece was because of my "lucky" charms.
"The earth is our flesh; the rocks, our bones; The rivers are the blood of our veins."Wixarika shaman

#67 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Oriental black beads. Given energy from myself and i take little bits of energy to feed it.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#68 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

I definately do. I also believe in curses, hexes, spells, good/bad magic, and what type of magiic I do about the house.But you have to believe for it to work.(HeHeHe)

#69 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

I definately do. I also believe in curses, hexes, spells, good/bad magic, and what type of magiic I do about the house.But you have to believe for it to work.(HeHeHe)

A good luck charm would help the Templars on Friday,13.

#70 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

Not in the sense of a talisman but grew up around theatre so its more along the lines of avoiding things that cause misfortune, ie, saying MacBeth in a playhouse or theatre
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users