Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Reincarnation

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2003 - 08:55 AM

There are many people here and we all have our own beliefs in what happens after we pass.  Some peoples views come from what ever religion they identify themselves with and others from their life experiences and attempts to contact those on the other side.  I thought this would be a good question to ask because I myself, have been struggling with this question for a number of year.  Until a couple of years ago I have just begun to really believe that the energy of living things continue to go on until they are called back to finish a task they may not have completed in their past lives.  Your answer to this question and why you chose the answer you did would be greatly appreciate ;D

#2 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:10 PM

No i do not believe in reincarnation,  I Just Believe your either at rest or not and remain as a spirit.

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

hmm... my personal view of afterlife is rather vast and confused - - based largely on my life's study of various mythologies and religions, but dictated more by scientific thought and the absense of any real cognitive form to the universe.

i belive that an afterlife exists, but i believe that it's another form of semi-physical reality that has no intelligent design - just endless corridors through many dimensions.  people could end up reincarnated here through chance or will -- or they could end up stuck haunting some place - or they could float in and out of an electromagnetic paradise where our energy would float between this world and the next...

it's nice to believe that a place exists - a heavenly resort - where we can all lounge and play games and have fun for all eternity, but i seriously doubt it exists, and reincarnation into animal form or human form is completely random if a little rare...

and i don't expect anyone to agree with me.  it's a pretty radical, agnostic view.  i believe that "god" is energy.  and it's everywhere.  and it does not descriminate.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#4 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:25 AM

I see death as the next step in our existence.  I donít believe I will come back as someone/thing else and, to be honest, I donít think I will want to come back.  I think I will be completely different physically and that this body will be much superior to the state I exist in on earth.  I also think that we are unique individuals and so much so that our personality survives death.  I look forward to seeing and recognizing loved ones that preceded me.  The thought of going through birth, life, and death for eternity just seems pointless and confusing and doesnít appeal to me at all. :)

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

• Guests

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:47 AM

;D Thanx to everyone who has replied so far.  You all have interesting points, and I like the fact that I can get feedback from people who have different views on this and other topics.

Blessed Be

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:40 PM

Hmmm...I voted yes, because I think the ultimate goal in existance is understanding and tolerance for others, no matter how diverse the belief in question and that can take many lifetimes to truly say it or live in harmony :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 November 2003 - 02:01 AM

living in a culture that has been revolving around reincarnation - yes I voted YES! 8)
Posted Image

#8 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:57 AM

Because we are not aware of other worlds in the universe I think there's a high probability that earth is not the only world that we may end up being reborn to.  There's so much to learn to become an evolved soul in just one lifetime that I think that we may have to reincarnate to learn all the lessons.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 November 2003 - 07:55 AM

Reincarnation is a fact which the ego of an average human being fails to admit. Why would one with an average intelligence admit that he or she is not the controller of self. Reincarnation signifies the existence of a greater entity bigger than us, the individual self. Our bloated ego does not want to believe in this cosmological truth. We want to remain what we are.

Once we believe in the existence of God and the truth that we have a Soul within us, our faith in God would propel us towards the absolute truth that the Soul within us will go on changing the garbs (the body) again and again. We all know that one who is born shall die one day. Change of the body by the Soul within) is an eternal process. What has grown old must decay and die. Why weep over the inevitable when the Soul within us is always live and never dies.

Material attachment towards one makes us feel bereaved but all Souls are different and unattached towards none. When the Soul shall take a new body as per the theory of evolution (a Reincarnation for a body) ... why fret and fume over the inevitable. To question the absolute fundamental of life is beyond the scope and thinking of a human being. Let us all have full faith in God and his creation ... the meaning of Reincarnation would become clear by itself.
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:34 AM

I thought this was a good topic, because I myself believe that we do come back to finish tasks or learn lessons that we failed to learn in the previous life.  There have been many documented cases of people who can actually remember the era in which they have lived and have sought to find out if what they were experiencing true.  I like the one about the little boy (who's name I can't remember) who describes in detail how he died from a gunshot wound in his head.  He has a birthmark in the same spot.  I don't know if anyone else has heard of this story, but I thought is was interesting :-/

#11 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:40 AM

Ghostvillage.com's own Lee Prosser wrote an interesting perspective on reincarnation here:

http://www.ghostvill..._11172003.shtml
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#12 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:40 AM

Thankyou for the link  :)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#13 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:05 PM

I was gifted with an interesting glimpse of a past life in a couple of dreams I recently had. †I'll cut out alot of the detail for brevitys sake, but I found myself in a large stone church. †At the top of the stairs on the landing I was looking out a window at an old village and horse drawn wagons. †My thoughts were "imagine the history of this grand building and how many people must have stood here looking out this window at the village below." †As I was thinking this a moment of clarity occured and I was saying "I have stood at this window many times looking out at the village below." †I also entered a sanctuary that was being built and saw several people that I did not know, but as they looked at me I knew that they were old friends. †One seemed quite amused. †The clarity and familiarity of this dream was astounding. †There was also a followup dream that convinced me further that I had lived and worked there.  So yes, I do believe in reincarnation. †:)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#14 emerald_eyed

emerald_eyed

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 02:58 PM

As a Gnostic I 100% believe in reincarnation. We believe we chose to come back to Earth to learn & grow in our spirituality. I also agree that we can reicarnate on other planets. If God could make us why not beings on different worlds, I feel we are all one in the same.
Theys say when your a little child you can remember the otherside and your past lifes in detail. I have a 2 year old daughter and can't wait for her to start talking about those things. I do not want to iterigate her, just let her tell me what she knows. No implanting, no interferance. :-X

#15 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 November 2003 - 05:08 PM

That sounds like a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users