#16 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 November 2003 - 11:21 PM

Theys say when your a little child you can remember the otherside and your past lifes in detail.

Yes, it is thought so, since the action and sensitivity of the Pineal Gland. Since we "adults" teach children more of WORLDLY things, the Pineal gets hardened and loosed its sensitivity by the age of 7 or so. That is why, children younger than 7 years of age has more of super realms connectivity! Unbreakable Link! :)
Posted Image

#17 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:19 AM

Reincarnation is a fact which the ego of an average human being fails to admit.

With all due respect, reincarnation may be one of your deeply held beliefs, but it is not a proven fact. My belief system refutes this idea and while I believe that this is true, I admit that this is something I will never be able to actually prove - only believe by faith.  How I came to that faith has nothing to do with my ego, wishes or self Ė in fact, itís really the opposite of that.  In some ways it sounds kind of alluring to think you will live many different lives.  But it doesnít set well with me because the concentration IS on self and concentrating only on oneself will, IMHO, lead to destruction.  After much searching, I believe in my heart that we were created to have a relationship with the creator and ultimately, spend eternity with Him.  So that is why I take this passage to heart,

ďJust as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.Ē ~ Hebrews 27, 28

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:44 AM

ďJust as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.Ē ~ Hebrews 27, 28

Christ wasn't sacrifised to wash the sins of other people, to get your sins washed, you need to DO THINGS. lol, Chsirt and all other mythological / historical figures set an example for others to follow. What we confortably do is to LAY all credit to them saying THEY WERE GREAT< THEY ARE GODS so we cant do what they do! well, if only people UNDERSTANDS what the scriptures say!
Posted Image

#19 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 30 November 2003 - 09:17 AM

Christ wasn't sacrifised to wash the sins of other people, to get your sins washed, you need to DO THINGS.

So YOU believe. However, as a Christian, my belief is that the ONLY thing you must or can DO is ACCEPT this free GIFT of salvation.

lol, Chsirt and all other mythological / historical figures set an example for others to follow.

Go ahead Ė LOL all you want - thatís okay. I forget sometimes that being ďopen minded and tolerantĒ often applies to any idea except a belief in Christ. †It wasnít completely unexpected but, it also doesnít bother me. †There is nothing anyone could ever say that would convince me that I did not need a savior and that Christ did not die for my sins. †And, I didnít just pop out of bed one morning with this idea in my head nor was I raised in a particularly religious family either. Various things in my life caused me to realize a long time ago that, in the context of the whole universe and regardless of how together we think we are, human beings do have a proclivity to do bad things Ė a sin nature if you will - and therefore, are in need of being saved. If you canít see the wickedness, the hate, and general ugliness all around you Iím sorry. Just look at the state the world is now in Ė humanity canít even manage to make this one planet a peaceful place to exist. It's more than obvious to me that we need all the help we can get.

And BTW I not only find it offensive that you would put Christ in the category of myth but also think you are pretty naÔve in doing so. †The historical record of his existence, what he did in his lifetime, and who he said he was is vast and well documented - more so than many who were born long after him. †Jesus Christ was anything but a mythological character.

What we confortably do is to LAY all credit to them saying THEY WERE GREAT< THEY ARE GODS so we cant do what they do! well, if only people UNDERSTANDS what the scriptures say!

He was the one who stated that he is the Son of God - I simply studied, prayed and came to a personal belief that what he said was true. And I understand the scriptures very well and know exactly what they say. †I also know that it is impossible for some people to believe that his message was so simple. †All things considered, it is pretty logical to me that salvation HAS to be an act of supreme love since we are absolutely incapable of earning it.

I didn't sign on this board to argue, preach, or convert people. But I did think it would be acceptable to mention my own belief system in conversation. So, Iíll make you a promise MoonChild, I wonít belittle or call your faith that you will live many lives science fiction or fanstasy and perhaps you could do me the favor of not making light of mine.  :)

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#20 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 04:50 PM

I voted yes...believe we are put here to learn and grow spiritually, even if it takes many lifetimes

~Saint Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa: 'It is absolutely necessary that the soul shall be healed and purified, and if it doesn't take place in one life on earth, it must be accomplished in future earthly lives.~
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#21 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 December 2003 - 07:22 PM

I don't believe in it personally. What would be the point? Could I come back as a blade of grass or a tree or an amoeba? If so, what could I learn from any of it if I can't remember any of my past lives? If children genuinely remembered past lives, then why can't they lead us to places and people that they came across in those lives? Surely this should be a commonplace event. I've known lots of kids, and none of them have talked to me about being killed in World War II or anything. A lot of past life experiences seem to come from people under hypnosis, and people under hypnosis are very open to suggestion. Same with children.

I'm not a big believer in the bible either, because I'm not a believer in blind faith. Not to demean anyone who does, but I think a lot of people tend to use that as a crutch to cover themselves when they don't have the answer to a question.

Organized religion in general is not regarded as open minded and tolerant because millions of people over the centuries have died stupidly because of meaningless religious dogma. The Crusades, The Inquisition, countless wars and countless acts of brutality can all be laid at the feet of people who had religious beliefs and wanted very badly for everyone else to have the same beliefs. My issue with many strongly religious people is that they throw their beliefs out there, usually in an aggressive manner, and then get offended if you question it in any way. If you don't want an idea to be questioned, then don't put it out there.

Christ might be a myth, he might not. Oh, I'm sure a religious leader was in existence at that time and he did found christianity. The person we know as Christ did exist. But is there proof that he turned water into wine for example? Or brought back the dead?

I'm an agnostic. Either I have an opinion based upon experiences, or I don't know and I'm not going to pretend I do. Other people can believe whatever they want as long as they accept the reality that everyone else does not have to share those beliefs.

But anyway, I rambled a bit there. I guess my point is with reincarnation is that I don't believe in it but then again I don't know crap ;D.

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 09:47 PM

So YOU believe. However, as a Christian, my belief is that the ONLY thing you must or can DO is ACCEPT this free GIFT of salvation.
Go ahead Ė LOL all you want - thatís okay. I forget sometimes that being ďopen minded and tolerantĒ often applies to any idea except a belief in Christ.

??? ??? did I say anything wrong? ::)

It wasnít completely unexpected but, it also doesnít bother me. †There is nothing anyone could ever say that would convince me that I did not need a savior and that Christ did not die for my sins. †And, I didnít just pop out of bed one morning with this idea in my head nor was I raised in a particularly religious family either.

Various things in my life caused me to realize a long time ago that, in the context of the whole universe and regardless of how together we think we are, human beings do have a proclivity to do bad things Ė a sin nature if you will - and therefore, are in need of being saved. If you canít see the wickedness, the hate, and general ugliness all around you Iím sorry. Just look at the state the world is now in Ė humanity canít even manage to make this one planet a peaceful place to exist. It's more than obvious to me that we need all the help we can get.

God has given us the power of choice, rationality, if we dont use it to the goodness and wellbeing, well, how can HE be held liable?

And BTW I not only find it offensive that you would put Christ in the category of myth but also think you are pretty naÔve in doing so. †The historical record of his existence, what he did in his lifetime, and who he said he was is vast and well documented - more so than many who were born long after him. †Jesus Christ was anything but a mythological character.

He was the one who stated that he is the Son of God - I simply studied, prayed and came to a personal belief that what he said was true. And I understand the scriptures very well and know exactly what they say. †I also know that it is impossible for some people to believe that his message was so simple. †All things considered, it is pretty logical to me that salvation HAS to be an act of supreme love since we are absolutely incapable of earning it.

I guess I was misquoted here. I never said Jesus Christ was mythological, I said all other mythological / historical figures, well, obviously Jesus is a historical figure.

I didn't sign on this board to argue, preach, or convert people. But I did think it would be acceptable to mention my own belief system in conversation. So, Iíll make you a promise MoonChild, I wonít belittle or call your faith that you will live many lives science fiction or fanstasy and perhaps you could do me the favor of not making light of mine. †;)

Anyways, sorry Castlebeeing if it was that bad. I dont mean no PREACHING myself!

but I dont see why it was taken so bad - still!

Keep Smiling :)
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2003 - 12:06 PM

Paul I thank you for yours and everyone else response to this post.  I don't think that you rambled on too much, and I feel that it is important for everyone here to express there views.  Although I am still a "newbie" to GV, I have found that the majority of the people who are here, are very excepting and respectful to the beliefs of others.  That is one of the reasons why I like to come here and I don't feel like I am asking a "stupid question" when I do ask questions. As to question about why children can't take us to place and people in the lives that they may have lived in the past, I feel that maybe because they have gone through so many lives and things around us are constantly changing that it would be too much to recall.  It is even hard for us to recall some of the things that have happened in our present life.  Landscapes change, the environment has undergone a big change, and the population of the world has grown.  I think that we do run into some of the people that we knew oh so long ago.  That feeling that we get when were walking down the street and you glance at someone and they glace back at you and that feeling of familiarity we get, may be because we do know that person.  They may look different now, but the spirit is still the same.  I am sure we have all had the experience of going somewhere, maybe for a walk and feel like you've been there before.  I think we retain some memories of past lives and maybe they are left imprinted on our sub-conscious mind to give us clues as to who we were and to help us complete a task that may have not been completed in our other life or lives.  Once again thanx everyone and keep the post coming:-)

#24 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:52 PM

CHILL, you two! This is a discussion board and sometimes things may get hot, especially when you talk about deeply held beliefs, its okay to have different beliefs no matter what they are, but you need to discuss rather than flame if someone's views don't coincide with yours,we are ALL different in one way or another, even members of the same Faith may have different interpretations of gospels or sacred writings, or events for that matter since we tend to perceive things through our own experiences. And no one can determine one interp is right and another is not, because no one can comprehend the mind of the Divine...no matter what the name.

Look at it like this,the Buddha travelled and met people of many different beliefs and experienced many different things
in those travels. Jesus hung with a very diverse crowd, Paul
was a Roman citizen and*if I remember*a member of the Sanhedrin as well, Peter was a fisherman, Mary a prostitute
and Judas a thief, but he hung with Roman Centurians as well as members of his own belief systems. He accepted them AS people and...my own philosophy, that is the ultimate goal of existance, tolerance

Incidentally...both individuals taught Love, Compassion and Tolerance for others, regardless of beliefs, past or race[smiley=cwm9.gif]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#25 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 07:39 AM

[smiley=cwm7.gif] right said Whispers.
Posted Image

#26 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 05 December 2003 - 02:22 PM

Perhaps children, and adults, do not remember their past lives as this knowledge would interfear with what we are trying to learn in this life. [smiley=cwm39.gif]
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 11:05 AM

i dont think this knowledge intereferes with out learning on the consious plane. What I think is that from the sub-consious level this understanding might be helping to mould our actions and beliefs on the outside thereby propelling us to "learn" things that we ought to know.
Posted Image

#28 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:30 PM

I had to vote donít know. I know that we move on after death but where that will be ÖÖ
I donít really want to know at this time. If you look at most of the major religions the main message is of tolerance, compassion, and kindness. I donít think that any god would deny passage to the next level to a good person just because he did not call him/her/it/them by the right name. I do not understand the blind faith concept. I know people who are truly bad in life, but because they pray or repent they think they will get into ďHeavenĒ or to whatever. It doesnít work that way. Whatever happens to me Iím sure it will be an adventure full of new possibilities.

• Guests

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:55 PM

I have just gotten back to this post and I am so glad to see the differences in the thinking of everyone here.  Please don't be afraid to post those of you who haven't voted yet.  There are a lot of peolpe with the same beliefs religion wise and it is facinating to see the differences and individuality of all.  Thanx everybody

Blessed Be~

#30 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 31 December 2003 - 01:36 PM

I wasn't sure what to put, so I marked no.

I believe that all the sons and daughters of earth will gain a physical body during the resurrection.  I do not believe in multiple lives upon this earth.  Nor do I agree with the idea that we may come back as different animals or even plants.

I think an eternity as a spirit would be hell.  I get so much pleasure out of my body, that I don't want to lose it forever.

I've seen individuals not yet born.  They had human form.  The spirits I've seen also have the shape of humans.  Why should I think it will be different?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users