53 replies to this topic

#46 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:25 PM

my post to this thread disappeared....

anyway, I know who I was in my previous life but rarely talk about it because I fear people will think I'm nuts!!!

#47 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:59 PM

Yes, you are nuts my dear.  But that's okay, the rest of us are too.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#48 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:55 AM

thank you Hawker!

I feel better now that I know I'm not alone lol!

#49 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:41 AM

Here are my rather lofty ideas on reincarnation, which have grown and mutated through the years through personal experience, the thoughts of others, and my own intuition.

Imagine yourself sitting in a bubble bath. YOU exist amidst all the bubbles, but each of those bubbles displays a reflection of you, most distorted. Now, consider all those bubbles lives that you are CURRENTLY living. Yes, I basically believe our "past lives" are all happening simultaneously. When a bubble pops, a lesson has been learned and there is no longer a need for it. When all the bubbles pop, it is simply YOU, returned to your natural self, with the experience of all those bubbles locked inside of what fundamentally makes you, YOU.

Dreams, I think, are doorways into these simultaneous existences, these alternate dimensions if you will. When you get a glimpse into these lives, you have the opportunity to affect them. What you do in this reality, the one you are currently aware of, affects what happens, on some levels, in ALL realities. When one bubble pops, for instance, it creats ripple effects. With this in mind, you can consciously learn to control what happens in those other lives, effectively picking and chosing what should happen next in the reality you're aware of, because just as you can control what happens in those realities, the YOU that IS in those realities can just as easily affect what happens to you here.

I'm not sure I explained that as clearly as I'd hoped, but there you have it.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#50 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:22 AM

nope. i think we get one shot to get it right. after all, it isn't God's fault if we screw it up.

#51 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:57 AM

well, there is more to life that the one shot aspect! :)
Posted Image

#52 composer

composer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:47 AM

"It is absolutely necessary that the soul shall be healed and purified, and if it doesn't take place in one life on earth, it must be accomplished in future earthly lives." Saint Gregory of Nyssa - Roman Catholic Bishop - Approximately 380 AD

Can someone please either Link me to or send attachment of where this quote was taken from?

It is posted at a number of Online sites but no one I have contacted can verify its authenticity?

Please contact me also at jacobe111@iinet.net.au if any one has proof that the Catholic Church first taught reincarnation but then were apparently forced by Justinian and Theodora to drop it?

Many thanks

#53 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

I see our soul as a part of a greater energy source, and till the conditions are right for this soul to reunite with this energy source, we live on and on and on - reincarnated in other words.
Posted Image

#54 snappygator

snappygator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

No i do not believe in reincarnation,  I Just Believe your either at rest or not and remain as a spirit.

I am just curious as to what you mean by at rest Brandon?

Andrea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users