• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#76 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

I do not think 2012 will be the end of days, but then again I do not know. I remeber reading in the Bible that no man will know the year, the day, or hour of when the end will come. There will only be signs of the end times. That is probably why I do not believe that 2012 is going to be the end times. But hey thats is my own personal opinion. I am not trying to offend no one here and hope I have not by posting my own beliefs.

Exactly. "I will come like a thief in the night". If we're planning it, it ain't gonna happen, so not to worry about 2012.

#77 z.t.

z.t.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

the people who say just live life day to day really have it right, I think. Worrying is a waste of time.
this is kind of on the same Sirius thing leonie said. kinda, maybe a little. also what spider_rob said.
okay, so here's a good(long)one for you...

many ancient cultures, not just the Maya, seem to be very preoccupied with the whole 26,000 or so year thing. they seem to be trying to give these messages onto objects(like pyramids) that will last 26,000 years so that humans could put this message together. maybe.
Why? I think they were trying to warn the future folks of this planet of something that will come again.
Like the one member(Im sorry I didnt get your name...forgive me) said, check the rocks to see what happened 26,000 years ago and 26,000 years before that.... It could simply mean a timetable was given by the gods to let humans try to become enlightened or pure or whatever.......I dont know

so one day I tried to put my head together? and came up with this.

the Earth, it is said, orbits the sun. which in turn orbits around the outter rim of the Milky Way galaxy. which means the whole solar system orbits the galaxy. or so it is said.

so I think there is something in space which not just the Earth but the whole solar system is going to orbit into.
I dont know what, but you can put anything here really. like a huge galactic ice storm or galactic firestorm or a galactic lotus flower that opens our eyes to life.

Anyway I keep on thinking its like a huge vibrating mass of dark energy or something. or something vibrating anyway shaking us up. sounding like horns being blown by angels of heaven. that is what I pictured anyway. something huge that can not be seen from the Earth telescope point of view.

I always came back to seriously crazy vibrations shaking the Earth to its very core. Humans could already be feeling the effects of it. the closer we get to it, the more 'crap' (for lack of a better word) that is going to be shaken away revealing things on this Earth that are hidden and shrouded from us.

a dream I had said only the pure would be taken to safety. The rest would experience all sorts of terrible things.
but what do I know. Im just some strange flocker from Oklahoma.......

There I said it. now it is known to this group part of the crazyness which is the way I view this life. whew! way to much typing

#78 XxSearchingSoulxX

XxSearchingSoulxX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Im an open book.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:34 AM

[/quote]
many ancient cultures, not just the Maya, seem to be very preoccupied with the whole 26,000 or so year thing. they seem to be trying to give these messages onto objects(like pyramids) that will last 26,000 years so that humans could put this message together. maybe.
Why? I think they were trying to warn the future folks of this planet of something that will come again.
Like the one member(Im sorry I didnt get your name...forgive me) said, check the rocks to see what happened 26,000 years ago and 26,000 years before that.... It could simply mean a timetable was given by the gods to let humans try to become enlightened or pure or whatever.......I dont know

so one day I tried to put my head together? and came up with this.

the Earth, it is said, orbits the sun. which in turn orbits around the outter rim of the Milky Way galaxy. which means the whole solar system orbits the galaxy. or so it is said.

so I think there is something in space which not just the Earth but the whole solar system is going to orbit into.
I dont know what, but you can put anything here really. like a huge galactic ice storm or galactic firestorm or a galactic lotus flower that opens our eyes to life.

Anyway I keep on thinking its like a huge vibrating mass of dark energy or something. or something vibrating anyway shaking us up. sounding like horns being blown by angels of heaven. that is what I pictured anyway. something huge that can not be seen from the Earth telescope point of view.

I always came back to seriously crazy vibrations shaking the Earth to its very core. Humans could already be feeling the effects of it. the closer we get to it, the more 'crap' (for lack of a better word) that is going to be shaken away revealing things on this Earth that are hidden and shrouded from us.

a dream I had said only the pure would be taken to safety. The rest would experience all sorts of terrible things.
but what do I know. Im just some strange flocker from Oklahoma.......

There I said it. now it is known to this group part of the crazyness which is the way I view this life. whew! way to much typing
[/quote]

I agree fo the most part with you on this, however here are a few of my views... There have been prophets since forever and sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. It's mainly how each individual interprets them (kinda like the bible for example). Ive had different religions pushed off onto me since I was young and it scared the heck out of me (Id use more difinitive terms but thats probably not appropriate on here), Ive always felt that in my own opinion that there wouldnt ever be an armageddon or the return of Christ or Allah, I believe man will destruct himself. The human mind is the most powerful thing in this world. Also, you have to know that the sun is a star and eventually will burn out and then what? Mortality is inevitable, we can only try to be as happy and postive as we can until that day comes whether its 2012 or tomorrow. The Mayans were certainly an intelligent race but theres not a lot thats known about them truthfully. There have been many intelligent races, that have left little trace of ther existance, why? Did they figure out they were destructing themselves? I think sometimes humans today dont give enough credit for the inventions and technology we've come up with within the past hundred or even 60 so years. Which begs the question are we becomming too powerful and too fast paced to realize what we are doing to the environment, to ourselves, and most importantly our future?

#79 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

The Mayan Calender couldn't go on for infinity so they went through the cycle and did not see any further. They were just human. They had no more special power to see the future then we do now. Our yearly calender ends on December 31 and we all expect to be here on January 1 even though the publisher of the calender doesn't mention it. Every sunset is the end of the world as we know it because every dawn, every second, brings a new world to us. People die, people are born, new discoveries and even the weather makes it a new world. When a hurricane travels through an area it is the same for the people of that area as the ending of the world for all of us in a way. I would worry more about tomarrows forcast as I would about Mayans and the year 2012.

#80 Michiman

Michiman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

Anyone else hear how the new super collider some say now plays into this? It was tested and failed. Now, by the time it's repaired and all tests completed, it should be up and running in 2012. Don't know if you've heard, but some say when it's at full power, it will create a giant black hole from within the earth. Which will destroy it.
Motor City Ghost HuntersMCGH forum"Shoot for the curb, and everything above it is gravy" James P. Connolly

#81 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:20 AM

I am a psychic not a physicist but my scientific education doesn't see how it could without some plot twist you would find in a scii.fi movie or book. Steven Kings story about the mist hinged on a theory like that. My neighbor and his church thought Y2K would wipe out thier debts or start race wars or some awful thing. We never disagreed with them but took minumal precautions auch as having a little more cash in the house then normal but were not at all surprised when nothing happened. Like Y2K 2012 will come and go and go with only a few extra end of the world movies will be produced to upset people like my daughter who has 2 young children, I believe the world and our civilization is just beginning,Many , many more good things are yet to come. Global Warming will make us better people to inhabit the Earth.

Edited by Cautious-Psychic13, 24 October 2008 - 03:21 AM.

#82 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

So, I was shown this article through a friend.

And well my train of thought went to instantly share this.

For those lacking a bit of humor over political issues, I mean no offense, just thought it was hilarious.

http://news.yahoo.co...zOtLNzqI1GyFz4D
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#83 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:30 PM

Anyone else hear how the new super collider some say now plays into this? It was tested and failed. Now, by the time it's repaired and all tests completed, it should be up and running in 2012. Don't know if you've heard, but some say when it's at full power, it will create a giant black hole from within the earth. Which will destroy it.

~I saw this on the news awhile back. I got nothing from it but a bad, bad, very bad feeling. Why can't people just leave crap alone??!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#84 Abelskeeper

Abelskeeper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:41 PM

Actually "2012" refers to the last cd my band put out, months before all this media hype started..It is amazing however that the Myans knew about our music even way back then...remarkable even....but it had nothing to do with any doomsday stuff, only my drummers address...lol..... :D

#85 Abelskeeper

Abelskeeper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:43 PM

or did it? :D

#86 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

Probably not, we're still here... 4 years left though, lol

I am prepared. Oh yes... I am prepared.

#87 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

Perhaps the folks who believe the world will end or something to that effect in 2012 should actually bother to go and read books and papers written by academics, historians, archeologists and anthropologists on the Maya, the Mayan culture and the history that resulted in the end of the Mayan civilization and why they don't have a calendar beyond what is going to be 2012.

Of course, the prosaic is never fun to speculate over.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#88 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

~Personally....and this is just my own opinion...I think folks need not worry about when or if the world is going to come to an end. I feel what people need to and should do is live evry single day as if it IS your last. Have no regrets...tell those you did wrong that you're sorry...hug your children as much as possible...be the best person you can be....love with all of your heart and laugh as much as your ribs will allow. If the world does end, then you'll go knowing you did everything as great as possibly allowed. Just don't worry about the end of the world. No matter what, we're all going to die one day...it's how you live that's going to count in the end.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#89 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

~I saw this on the news awhile back. I got nothing from it but a bad, bad, very bad feeling. Why can't people just leave crap alone??!!
[/quote]

:ghost: Leave what crap alone? We or I are investigating the paranormal or supernatural. Some people are afraid we are opening portals for evil demons to come through. What they are doing is investigating natural occurring sub-atomic particles. Your bad, bad, very bad feeling is because of the unknown just like people are afraid of spirits. If we left "crap" alone we would still be living in caves, would never had sailed the seas for fear of monsters. We are explorers whether it is earth-based, outer space, the paranormal or sub-atomic spaces we will continue to explore our world in an attempt to gain knowledge.

Sharon

#90 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Listen Sharon, there are just some things that need to be left alone. My bad, bad, very bad feeling doesn't have CRAP to do with the "unknown", it's a feeling of "this is something that needs to be left alone". That's fine & dandy that you're all into this and well...whatever. I'm definately not one to keep back investigations of the unknown as Iam just as curious and I get just as excited as what the outcome would be...what will be found. But this *ONE* thing just gives me a very bad feeling about it. I'll go this way with my feeling and you go your way with yours...just don't catagorize me in the same text as those who would still be living in caves......that's not what I'm about.......period.
...I posted that response back in October of last year...you looking for an argument?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users