2012!

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#106 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy writing, gardening, and, of course, sharing ghost stories.

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

The same hype/garbage of total annihilation was being spread around during the first millennium. We're still here. Then, the garbage was being presented in a new way during the second millennium. We're still here.

We'll be here just as long as time permits. If you're religious, you'll be here just as long as your God permits.

Taking all of this into account, I'm with Laurie Anne. I'm going to make the most of being here by not missing a moment of my friends' and family's lives. That's where my focus needs to be.
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#107 spooksfield

spooksfield

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

The fact that humanity has a self-destructive streak could account for the excessive belief in doomsday scenario's. They happen several times each generation and at face value can be held as laughable. However when large segments of the population buy into these predictions and react accordingly we move closer to these expectations. But we should not confuse this 2012 "event" with previous "doomsday" events that were minor in their acceptance by mainstream society. This is one that has the benefit of most major religions (including many Christians,Muslims,Hebrews,Hindus and Buddhists), a changing planet, the internet (which was an infant but a factor in the 1999 y2k scare), mysticism and extensive coverage on SOME TV channels (History) but more to follow this is a date that interest will only progress in, not diminish.

Thats basically the premise of my "Perfect Storm of 2012" segment in the Cookbook. With SO many "independent" sources keying in on 2012 i believe it would be to our great detrement to totally ignore the date. Iching,Maya,Hopi,Hebrew,The Web-Bot Project,Solar Scientists and Astrophysicists are among sources that point to this date.

However i also believe it would be a bad idea to embrace any world-view that makes it a neccessity for the destruction of the Earth to come about in order to fulfill a prophecy. In other words i don't wanna waltz down the road to destruction assuming that it is all by some grand celestial design.

But that's just me.
2012:The Paranormal CookbookConvergence of Reality and the SupernaturalDrops in January 2010spooksfield.com

#108 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:02 AM

This is something I believe is a possibility.
Posted Image

#109 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

:P :ghost: A group of 2012 believers are buying up empty rocket silo's cheap from the government to revamp into EOTW bunkers. I am sure there was going to be an arsenal These people in a way scare me. It seems those that want to live the most are the ones I'd least want to repopulate the world. I saw The Book of Eli at the movies and it seemed most of the world's population was mean, ugly and stupid or ate each other. In that movie they burnt all the religious books because they were the reason we had wars.
In Avatars the majority of humans were willing to destroy the indigenous lifeforms for the futures type of gold. I guess I don't want nor do I believe in the end of the world but if something does take out most of the humans I think I would rather be one of the ones dying fast then one of the ones left behind.

:ghost: Peace Sharon

#110 Jass

Jass

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Here almost a year later and things are still changing! With the recent earthquake in Haite and the geologists sizing up the aftermath and what the consequences will be.. another shift could mean another sunami and the end...
I have watched a good many of the specials on TV in relation to 2012, doomsday, Revelations, etc... I went thru a period of worrying. Some web site is handing out lottery numbers for chosen 'survivors'.. I have mine! Now I'm over that.. what will be will be. I actually got tired of worrying; even about my family on that eventful day nobody is even sure of. Gosh, my son lives in Wyoming.. so if the geysers in Yellowstone blow.. that will end it all, according to one program the volcanic ashe will kill us all. I cried myself to sleep after watching that one.. but then I cry everytime I watch one of those doomsday movies ..about meteors hitting.. another true possibility besides others... etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!! and yes, I've seen the movie 2012 giving the politicians and other esquires a way out... sucks to think that in the end that will be the truth.
There's too many doomsday views..but the chances of our fate being due to Mother Nature is looking more promising to me. Perhaps due to all the shifts and changes the date of 12/21/12 may be a close call.
what the Mayans actually predicted is still a mystery. Most are hoping for the spiritual change.. I'm all for that! I am not a Christian..I am spiritual but my beliefs are 'out there' because I take a more common sense view point to all things. I try not to drive myself nuts worrying over whether there is a God or if we are controled by aliens.. although, I would like to comment that I'd rather give God more credit than the coming of Jesus [1st or 2nd]... God loves all of us..:Spaz:
I just want to know where the biggest bash is going to be held when that time does come! lol!
This sites tells a lot...http://www.december212012.com/index.shtml .. wish I had thought of creating it.. to become part of the 'believers' list requires a donation.. hmm...party money??

#111 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

This date is the end date of several ancient civilizations including the Aztec, the Myans, Babalonia just to name a few and I do believe Ancient Egypt was another one. But any ways with all these ancient civilizations that were advanced for their time ( doing brain surgeries and other things and the person lived) with their calendars all ending on the same date of Dec.21, 2012 in your opinion what do you think will happen on this day?
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#112 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

the best cosmic joke would, be; nothing.

Aside from that, who knows? No one really.

The mistake most make about the Mayan Long count is to equate that with the end of the world. Its not, just the end of a cycle of time.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#113 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

I myself don't believe the world will end but I do believe something will happen that will change the world as we know it. (It's the end of the world as we know it) song just popped into my head lol.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#114 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

just a question , kskattebo, but where did you learn that all those other civiliztions had the same date in mind? I have never heard that from any Egyptologist and I am somewhat familiar with the AZtec civilization and their beautiful stone calendar, but haven't heard of that date. :Wall:
petunia4998

#115 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

Well dunno how true it is but got most of it from the history channel over time.

#116 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

I believe the date will pass like one other significant non-event we recently experienced....

Remember Y2K ?????

#117 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Lol Y2K was made up by Bill Gates who's software did everyone have to buy to save their computers from crashing? Lol

#118 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

I honestly don't think anything will happen
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#119 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Physically I don't think anything will either maybe information or proof of certain things are real and change the way people think.

#120 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

Moving this to the Religion Board and merging with the already active discussion. Thank you.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users